Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Bats
    Started by Bats,

    Hi all, I have applied for GMP and 'so far' been accepted. I have my Assesment Centre next month and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or advise as to what I'm letting myself in for? Always pays to go prepared!? I await your replies! Bats

  2. andywatton
    Started by andywatton,

    Hi, I have my final/formal interview with Lancs next month and I don't really know what to expect. I know there was plenty of info about these interviews on here before, but since it's all disappeared there's nothing! When I joined South Yorkshire there was no formal interview, only the structured interview at the assessment centre and all I have to go on is some extremely brief pointers on the confirmation letter, which are: 1) Commitment to Lancs Const - I'm thinking fairly self-explanatory and should be ok with this. 2) Openness to change - again, fairly self-explanatory but it is in general or in specific relation to the police force? 3) Respect for R&D and 4…

    • 11 replies
    • 664 views
  3. Mistral
    Started by Mistral,

    They've just phoned!!! I start at Hendon on 2nd Jan 2007!!! OMG - I'm going to be a copper!!! Thank you to all the fab people on this site for all the support you've given me throughout my application process!

    • 52 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. mx5bird
    Started by mx5bird * ,

    Im new to this website and have been given verbally a start date for 11 december - as yet ive not had a letter/induction pack etc and am wondering if anyone knows where training will be? is it residential? local to where you live?

    • 5 replies
    • 925 views
    saxon1546620090
  5. lib319
    Started by lib319,

    Does anyone know how long it will take for the application form to be accepted/rejected once it's been submitted?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hello, I had my eyes tested on Saturday and did all the tests, vision is fine, however I have a red/green deficiency. It is not monochromats though which I suppose is a good thing, so that box was ticked as a no. Will this be a problem for me or would I still get in, would be gutted if they failed me as I am nearly there now and have passed the fitness etc. Alan

    • 6 replies
    • 414 views
  7. milky1546620103
    Started by milky1546620103 * ,

    Hi, I failed the BTP papersift six months ago, so I recently did a data subject request to find out why before I apply again. What I found out was that for the areas of Race & Diversity, Team Working and Effective Communication I got a grade C and for Resilience got an A. My overall grade was C but still failed. What sort of grades should I be getting to make sure when I reapply I get pass the initial papersift. Thank you.

    • 5 replies
    • 616 views
    milky1546620103 *
  8. joepotts
    Started by joepotts,

    I have my medical coming up in a few weeks time. About 2 years ago I was living away at uni and was having some personal problems. I was worried that how i was feeling would have an impact on my studies so I visited my doctor and discussed my problems. I was diagnosed with mild depression and was prescribed a two week course of anti depressants. After the course I felt alot better and was able to work through my problems. I didnt go back to the Doctor and receive any further medication, nor did i have any time off uni with my illness. I have not suffered with depression since. Looking over the medical questionnaire i know i will have to declare i was precribed this med…

    • 5 replies
    • 650 views
  9. sablitt
    Started by sablitt,

    Hey all, Just wondered if anyone had heard back from the recent application window? Been 4weeks now, they told me that it would be 4-6weeks so next couple of weeks ill be running to the door when i hear the postman!! steve

    • 22 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. keeley1546620103
    Started by keeley1546620103 * ,

    Iv just sent off my application form for the PCSO today, and im really worried about being too overweight. Im only 5ft, and i weigh 10st 9lb. My bmi is 29.1. Iv joined weight watchers and im walking alot more to try and get me fit. Do you think that this will matter???

    • 11 replies
    • 850 views
  11. LSC
    Started by LSC,

    Just wondering if there was anyone out there still waiting for their final dates for South Wales Police. Its been about 18 months since I started my application, and I have passed the papersift, assessment centre, fitness test and medical. However, due to a reduction in the numbers on each training group, they are having to have extra groups with extended start dates. (There were meant to be 3 dates for this year). I just wanted to see if anyone else was waiting on the outcome of their security vetting and waiting for that letter from Recruitment to tell them when training would start.

    • 4 replies
    • 705 views
  12. hellsbells23
    Started by hellsbells23,

    anyone had start date for cleveland?

    • 3 replies
    • 519 views
  13. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Well there you have it i passed my fitness and medical with kent on Monday 06th. Just the long wait for my start now. Zoe :wink:

    • 4 replies
    • 305 views
  14. antill
    Started by antill * ,

    Good Afternoon, I have a few enquiries that i would like to ask before i send the application in. Ive allways been intrested in joining the Police, and i feel its the right time. I am 18 and 5 months. I live in Thames Valley, and i beleive a Police Station near me is one of the motorway stations, fast cars to go on motorway chases and such (if it still is, can remember it being on these Cop programs years back.) I dont drive, but plan to in the future, could i still work in this Motorway Police Department?. My next queiry following from above, what is better? being on the beat or a traffic cop? Does Traffic cops also get posted on the beat or told to go places other …

    • 6 replies
    • 889 views
    disgruntled1546620101
  15. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    Hi looking for some advice,waiting for my assessment in March after passing the papersift but now have a slight concern.Have no criminal offences or anythin like that,but was hit by a van on the motorway a couple of years ago and the other driver denied it,so it was my word against his.Police said they would be doing routine checks to see who's fault it was but I later got a letter saying that I was fine and nothing else was happening.I was told that this wasn't a criminal investigation so didn't include this in my app form,however recently spoke to a probationar who told me he very nearly got rejected at last minute as he didn't include a motor accident.Any advice would…

    • 7 replies
    • 919 views
    disgruntled1546620101

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.