Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. martind12
    Started by martind12 * ,

    In the application pack it asks for previous employers and who the contact person would be. Do they actually speak to your current or past employer before you know if you are sucessful My current boss would be cheesed off if he thought i was thinking of joining th epolice.

    • 3 replies
    • 614 views
  2. Lil V
    Started by Lil V,

    Hello, Found out today via the internet that I had passed! Just waiting for the letter now to find out the scores! :)

    • 5 replies
    • 359 views
  3. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    I myself failed my 1st attempt by 1% and attended the WMP A/C for the 2nd time on the 18TH of this month. Basically i just wanted to find out on average how many times people have attended the AC

    • 11 replies
    • 994 views
  4. uav689
    Started by uav689,

    Hi All Just checked the website and it has told me I have passed day one. Does this mean barring any glaring medical issues or being completely slothe like on the fitness test I am in? Cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 937 views
  5. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Hi. I have recently passed my assessment centre withs Cambs and now have a 'lengthy' wait until fitness and medical. I am slightly concerned because I put a guy at my current employer and a gut at my previous employer as refernces. When these references are checked it will be about two years since I asked the guy at my previous employer if he would be a reference for me! What if he doesnt work there anymore and I can't get in touch with him? Would they accept a letter from the personnel office confirming I worked there? Thats as long as they still have a record I worked there because since I left the admin office has been re-located to the other side of the country! A…

    • 0 replies
    • 748 views
  6. sarah21
    Started by sarah21 * ,

    hi ive decided i want to join the police force but im very nervous im very shy and feel like i look about 10 yrs old i know alot of people who have problems with the police and i know this will affect me becoming a police officer as i do live in a bad area i mean ive never liked police myself until i had my daughters and i understand now that there to help thats why ive decided to do this, but my boyfriend and family did have problems with the police in the past (boyfriend with driving ) would this affect me being consided i do want to do it but really nervous it would help if i had someone to encourage me but i dont, the police who work around my area do know me due t…

    • 9 replies
    • 802 views
    Kopite1546619987
  7. skullhunter
    Started by skullhunter,

    Hi am From Northen Ireland , and am Thinking of joining up to be a cop after The Army. Im not to sure where to go to apply In Northen Ireland. But can someone answer me theses questions (1) Can you join if your dyslexic?? (2) Do you need to learn the Law off by heart???? (3) Is there alot of wrieting involed once you become a cop??? Sorry if this is in the wrong Forum. And thanks for any replys to my question's.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. jamesmhagrh
    Started by jamesmhagrh,

    Just wondering how you felt you did after your A/C.. It seems as though everybody feels they have failed...but that this is quite often not the case when they receive their results... Just a thought.

    • 9 replies
    • 529 views
  9. BigBeefDinner
    Started by BigBeefDinner,

    When you join the police force, can you go straight in as a sergeant by Geting better qualifications :?:

    • 7 replies
    • 646 views
  10. zoem
    Started by zoem,

    Hello all I have got my fitness and medical for Kent on the 6th November and i'm really nervous!! I have been training but you always feel like you have not done enough Does anyone know what the warm up for Kent is like? Cheers Zoe :wink:

    • 5 replies
    • 341 views
  11. jimbo06
    Started by jimbo06,

    hello all, I am 16 in december, and thinking about leaving school in june with good grades at GCSE. I would just like ideas of the best route into the police, as i have always fancied joining. I realise i cannot apply until im 18 & 1/2, but what is the best thing to do until then.... college? 6th form? etc Also, i have heard alot about applicants being refused because the MET want more black or asian officers? How true is this? Many Thanks :)

    • 22 replies
    • 981 views
    disgruntled1546620101
  12. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, Has anybody taken part in the AC for Derbyshire during September (I did mine on Sept 22). Just wondered if anybody knew how long it takes between passing assesmant and the fitness/medical tests on average. Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 600 views
  13. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Does anyone have any knowledge of the marking system of the assessment centre? I am told that the pass mark is 60% and that you must obtain at least 60% in Oral Comms and Respect for Diversity and 40% in written communication. I notice there is approximately 10 positive indicators for each competency. It would make sense that each indicator ticked would be 10% gained for that particular competency? But then if, for example, you only get one tick on a particular indicator in one role play, you would surely get less than if you had that indicator ticked in all of the role plays! I know! (I'm thinking out loud here!) I think that they must take the % gained in each comp…

    • 8 replies
    • 522 views
  14. ATK91546620102
    Started by ATK91546620102 * ,

    Hi everyone, Does anyone know how the Scottish Forces rate your financial history? 13 years ago, when I left school, I got into debt for a small amount (under £1000 I think). and got a CCJ. I moved back home, worked off the debt and have been completely fine ever since- credit rating all ok now. I'm just curious as to whether Recruitment will see it for what it was- basically a kid leaving home and being a bit clueless with his money! Also, I can't give them specifics, as the CCJ was cleared from my record some years ago and I destroyed the paperwork then, after keeping it for about 10 years. Cheers for the input!

    • 2 replies
    • 407 views
  15. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    I'm due to undergo the Police medical soon and I need some advice. In a period of 3 years, I had one period of sickness that lasted 4-5 weeks. Basically, my doctor signed me off with severe stress which was related to several factors. I was assaulted by a prisoner at work, I split up with my long term partner, I had problems with my neighbours and I hadn't been sleeping properly due to all of this. I'm in perfect health now, but I'm really worried that this is going to effect my chances of becoming a police constable. Will occupational health write to my doctor for further information, or will it be up to me to take the medical questionnaire to my doctor and get him t…

    • 1 reply
    • 341 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.