Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. thecooler
    Started by thecooler,

    Just a quick question, can our warrant cards be kept in an appropriate ID sleeve in a wallet or do they have to be kept in a seperate/specific 'warrant wallet'? Only ask because it's time for a new wallet and figured I might as well get on with an ID section if appropriate......... thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
    disgruntled1546620101
  2. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    The police officer training with BTP, is it residential? Or is the training done in house?

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. Simsy
    Started by Simsy,

    Hi, I have been considering joining the force for awhile and have started preparing for joining....going to the gym and all that! But all the time i have self doubt about whether or not i can actually do the job at all and will be able to cope with all that comes with the job as well...all i was wondering is if any of you had been through this and if you did anything that helped! Any advice would be extremely helpfull....thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 532 views
  4. @ndy.P
    Started by @ndy.P,

    I recently had my assessment and I’m going through that dreaded waiting stage….. The longer I wait, the more I seem to doubt myself and I am adamant I have failed! Everything seemed to be going well until the roleplays. On one of them I completely got the wrong end of the stick. I challenged issues that had been raised about using derogatory terms and how they were unacceptable and offered resolutions but never addressed them in a personal manner, such as asking, “who the derogatory terms were directed at?†Does anyone think that will constitute to a D and therefore a fail in RR&D? Does anyone know how much you have to miss the issue in regards to RR&D …

    • 10 replies
    • 622 views
  5. marshy_1978
    Started by marshy_1978,

    Passed fitness today for GMP. They stopped us at 5.4 and I got 54 on push and 71 on pull. Need to keep up the training now ready for when I start. Hopfully Jan 8th still. That is what they were saying today anyway.

    • 11 replies
    • 542 views
  6. laura lou
    Started by laura lou,

    hi, just wanted to find out about how they score the maths test? say you get 5 wrong something like that, would that be a pass mark? or would you get a grade from a-d? thanks maybe someone could tell me. How many can you get wrong? (just in case)

    • 8 replies
    • 468 views
  7. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi Does anybody know if a force will take you with this condition i have heard that it is on a case by case bases? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 351 views
    The Stig1546620068
  8. Bigtee1546620098
    Started by Bigtee1546620098,

    I am wondering what the difference is between the scottish police force and the english police forces in the recruitment process , could someone shed some light on this. i.e the fitness tests, the assessments etc thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. maccas
    Started by maccas,

    Passed Assesment Center with 70% Waiting for Fitness date and Medical Very excited!

    • 1 reply
    • 537 views
  10. thecooler
    Started by thecooler,

    I have been grappling with the usual question of which brand of boot to purchase. I know this is a divisive subject and I think I have found the most comprehensive guide on the subject on Altbergs home page under company history (you have to scroll down quite a bit) Altberg very generously discuss all the major brands and the benefits. http://www.altberg.co.uk/ I am currently torn between altbergs peacekeeper P1 and the Lowa Patrol Boot (formerly the Super Camp minus the the goretex lining) and the Lowa Taskforce Seeker DryBest (which seems both smarter as the eyelets are higher up and more versatile). I almost dare not ask but if anyone has any views on the boots …

    • 9 replies
    • 929 views
  11. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Has anyone out there started their Police Application with one force and then transferred their application to another? How was the process of the force the application was transferred to compared to that of the one they transferred from, and did everything get transferred properly such as PNAC results etc. Salsoul2006-10-30 18:18:16

  12. james381546620039
    Started by james381546620039,

    This website works out your body mass index. All you need to do is enter your weight and your height and it will tell you your body mass: http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/specialk/index.asp

    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. jonnokennedy
    Started by jonnokennedy,

    Just found this site and thought Id post as Im in a situation thats really getting me down at the mo. I've wanted to be a pc for some time, did the whole uni thing and all that didnt interest me. When I applied as a pc last January I got back from recruitment a letter and an application form for the pcso role. To be honest I know with the force I applied I could be waiting 18-24 months for appointment as a pc if I was successful, and there was always the chance I would fail and have to wait longer. This combined with the fact I was a bit stuck in a rut with my then current employment I thought Id apply for both. Im in my first week of pcso training and I think I've m…

    • 6 replies
    • 917 views
  14. jamesmhagrh
    Started by jamesmhagrh,

    Whats the urine test for and how long does it take for results?

    • 1 reply
    • 403 views
  15. thecooler
    Started by thecooler,

    I understand that for the first 3 weeks at hendon recruits are required to wear smart attire etc, as uniforms are not issued until 4th week. Does that mean a suit and tie? or trousers and a blazer with/out a tie? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 662 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.