Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Just a quick question: What checks are done on the applicant in the whole of the police application process (both computer based checks and medical checks)? Obviously a PNC on you and your family/lodgers/housemates etc for one but what else? Credit check? Inland Revenue check? (to see where you have worked and paid tax?) Thanks in advance
-
Please can someone help? I have my a/c in under 2 weeks and still haven't recieved my welcome pack!!. Have already spoke to recruitment who said they'll e.mail it to me, but i've yet to recieve the e.mail!! . They are now closed till Monday aaahh!!!. I know they've changed some of the things in the pack and the police could you website is still advertising the old pack. Is there anyone who's got an a/c coming up that can help me? I'd like to look at the pack over the weekend to prepare for the interview but need to know the competancies they'll be testing. Any help will be so much appreciated Sha
-
Hi all! I am a cadet currently in Q division! I have my final interview on the 14th Nov, so is just under a week away! Was just wondering if anyone who is in strathclyde police or now retired, has any final hints/tips they would like to share? Thanks, Jenny :)
-
During the interview stage will I be able to use 2 examples or will I be asked for specifically 1. I particually worried about my R/D answer. I have an example that I used in my application form that has me challening someones behaviour but I not sure that this will cover enough positive ticks. I also have another answer where I get into a situation in a muslim country but again I'm not sure it goes deep enough. So will I be able to use both or should I stick to 1? Any advice will be great, Cheers.
-
Can anyone help with any do's and don't s for the application? PS One I was given from recruitment team was, they will not accept an application with more than 6 spelling mistakes so double check!!
-
Hi all I have my ac for TVP next Weds, 8th Nov. It should have been 16th Jan but I got a call a few weeks back saying they had a space so did I want the earlier date. I jumped at it, but of course now I feel totally unprepared. Any tips on what I should be revising? I'll be studying the welcome pack, and brushing up on my maths as I'm very poor at it. Thanks
-
hi, im a 20 year old white male in my final year of University. i live in london and have wanted to join the metropolitan police force forever!!! however i understand theres a 2 year waiting list for people joining and ive heard the only way to get in is to join as a pcso for a year then apply to become a police officer. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what my options are or advice on how to join or anything!!! thanks
-
A Muslim policeman is claiming religious discrimination after being removed from guarding Tony Blair because of fears he has links to extremists. PC Amjad Farooq was dropped from an elite firearms unit after it emerged his children had attended a Mosque associated with an Islamic preacher linked to a suspected terrorist group. The father-of-five was told he was a threat to national security and that his presence in the Diplomatic Protection Group SO16 may upset the American secret service. The group guards senior dignitaries including the Prime Minister. PC Farooq, 39, was a firearms specialist working for the Wiltshire Constabulary when he was transferred to the …
-
Hi all. I am starting my training course with Essex Police on the 13th of November. I have already given my resignation to my current employer. I would like know when do we start getting paid (salary) as I have a mortgage and other financial commitments. I do not have a lot of savings in my bank account to last long. Thank you for your advice.
-
Anyone applied to West Yorkshire Police?
-
Hi Anyone goin through the recruitment process for Northumbria at the mo? Start Sept 07 by the looks of things? Andy
-
G`day all I`m thinking of applying to Dorset Police for PC. i was wondering what you all done for research/Preparation, i.e Study books, attend Courses , Visit local police Stations , Best Web sites etc,etc. I am living in Berkshire area at the moment ,but am relocating to Somerset/Dorest area after Xmas . I had been a special in TVP for 7 years ( 1990 -1997 ) so i have a basic understanding of the role of PC . I apllied for Surrey as a Regular around 1995 ,Passed PIR & physical but Failed due to my " Group Conversational skills not being constant " on weekend assessment. I Would be grateful for advice as recruitment process had changed slightly since then !…
-
hi all, as i have my final interview coming up in a week, i know that it wont be a very long time between that and my fitness and medical tests... can anyone from strathclyde police tell me what exactly the fitness test involves? I know i have the mile and a half - under 15mins Beep test - over level 5.4? grip test - more info please?! and what else does it involve? Also, when doing my medical to get into the cadets, i couldnt for the life of me get the lung capacity test right? Is this extremely important? I had about 5 or 6 attempts and couldnt get it above the line.. i dont smoke and i like to think im quite a fit person, i train karate 3-4 times a week, go ou…
-
Hello All! Just a quick question, im going to apply for Hertfordshire or Cambridgeshire force when recruitment comes around again, but i am going to be in Australia for a year soon, would i be able to apply while im out there, or will i have to apply once im back. Also How long does it take from applying to appointment in either of these forces. Many Thanks!!
-
Hi All,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Well my assessment is tomorrow. Being nervous is the understatement of the year! My shoes are shining, my suits back from the dry cleaners, my hair is cut and I'll certainly look the part. I've laboured over the revising of the core competencies and my application questions (and then some), got frustrated at the mental arithmetic tests from the numerous books I've brought and laughed with my housemates during some role playing, panicked when I couldn't figure out whether the kidnapper was the father or ex-boyfriend and have been secretly confident about the written resp…