Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. gummery279
    Started by gummery279,

    Has anyone got any advice on getting upto a decent mathimatical level to pass the test cus i am no Carol Vordeman and it's the only thing i'm struggling with Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 574 views
  2. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    Just passed my A/C and have now found out A&S do a final interview. I was wondering if anyone knew what structure and what kind of interview this would be, all I know is its on district. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 363 views
  3. The monk1546620102
    Started by The monk1546620102 * ,

    Over the past year I have been thinking of a joining the police. I am currently serving in the amred forces and due to family changes, mainly my son being born, has made me want to change careers to a job where I will see my newly formed family on a more regular basis. After making the decision to give my 12 months notice next year I will be applying for the police around the same time. As I am lead to belive the process can take up to 12 months. Since making this decision i have started to look into the whole process in greater detail and this is when i came across this forum. Which i think is a great tool and a wealth of information. I just have a few questions and co…

    • 4 replies
    • 783 views
    The monk1546620102 *
  4. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, Has anyone heard back from West Midlands of late regarding the papersift? Applied 14th Sept, still waiting....

    • 1 reply
    • 426 views
  5. gummery279
    Started by gummery279,

    Hi all i had a some paperwork this morning from centrex it was like a sat test thingy where you have to fill in the small marks with pencil. it was all , name, religon had i attended an a/c before all that kind of stuff. Does this mean anything? thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 415 views
  6. katec
    Started by katec,

    Gad a call earlier from Occupational Health regarding a query over elective cosmetic eyelid surgery (I look a bit drunk in one eye if I get tired) and advising me that the Force Doctor wanted a report from the Consultant as to about the op, prognosis etc etc. I told them that I didnt want my application to be delayed for the want of a cosmetic procedure (I'll use double sided sticky tape on a night shift) and would rather cancel the op, they went away and have just call back to say not to worry and they will sign my medical form off anyhow! Forms will now go over to Recruitment who told me that once the forms are received they will be able to write to me with a start da…

    • 1 reply
    • 308 views
  7. paul woodward
    Started by paul woodward,

    Anyone applied for Kent in their last drive? I'm waiting for the letter to tell me they've received my application form.....six weeks now. Also I know there are about a million and four variables but can anyone who's made it or who is close give me an idea of time scales. :)

    • 10 replies
    • 711 views
  8. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    So passed my Pre-employment fitness yay!! Also got measured for my uniform, had finger prints and DNA taken and had my warrant card photo taken. Official letters of offer are coming out this week ..... feeling pretty close! 5 weeks!! I also met all the people who were starting on the same course, they are sooo lovley i can't wait to start! Maddie xxxx

    • 2 replies
    • 587 views
  9. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    Woo hoo!! 45 on both push and pull! 7.5 on the bleep and i was still the first person to drop out !! After i droppped out everyone started to stop! Some guy went on to level 12!

    • 1 reply
    • 219 views
  10. martind12
    Started by martind12 * ,

    In the application pack there is a from called the candidate registration form, anyone know what the big area is for under surname and forname? I think im supposed to leave it blank? Thanks Martin

    • 1 reply
    • 390 views
  11. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Whilst browsing the Irish Police's website, I came across a video of their fitness test. It certainly looks more physical compared to the standard fitness test in England and Wales. This test conveys real life situations a police officer will find out on the beat. Click on the link below to check it out. www.garda.ie/angarda/physical_test.html

    • 4 replies
    • 370 views
    biker1546619987
  12. Lincs801546620092
    Started by Lincs801546620092,

    Is anyone still waiting to hear from Lincs Police on the papersift? Or, has anyone heard, whether it be a fail or pass? Deadline for applications was 11 Sept so I thought I may have heard back by now.

    • 3 replies
    • 777 views
    Lincs801546620092
  13. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    I should be getting my results soon....i was told 14 days from the date of assesment (18/10/06), i just wanted to know if failed applicants get their results 1st...

    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  14. jamesmhagrh
    Started by jamesmhagrh,

    Hi all. Does anybody have a copy of the bleep test that I can download to my MP3 player? If you do I could PM you with my email... Thanks so much for any help!

    • 8 replies
    • 360 views
  15. martind12
    Started by martind12 * ,

    Hi, Im a new member but am in the process of filling in my application for the cheshire force. Regards the medical, i had a problem with my feet and have staples in my left ankle, all this happened when i was six i think (34 now) im not hindered in any way and am on my 3 year without taking a sick day. Im quite fit and into martial arts. Can anyone see this giving me a problem in my application? i think it may technically a disibilty but im not sure. It would be good to hear from anyone in the force with any similar problems. Thanks Martin

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.