Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. loz19
    Started by loz19 * ,

    can anyone tell me wether the police are as strict on appicant with dylexia and how they handle it because i have real problems with my maths but i have praticed the other tsets and i think i will be fine in them. can anyone give me some advice would be most grateful lauren

    • 2 replies
    • 459 views
  2. michaelinwiltshire
    Started by michaelinwiltshire,

    Does anyone know what the Financial Checks consist of?

    • 2 replies
    • 490 views
  3. ELLIEJONES
    Started by ELLIEJONES,

    Completed Assessment Centre How intense?? :shock: Just thought i'd start a new Topic on after thoughts about the day, and how well you thought it went overall? Of course we cannot discuss the excersices or Questions asked! But just a general feel,as i think this will help people attending the a/c to get a feel of what it is going to be like! I wasn't prepared. I was in my knowledge of the job but not about what happens and feelings. :?: :? How do you feel you done?

    • 25 replies
    • 984 views
  4. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Hi all, Will be flying from Gibraltar today to attend the a/c in Netley. Anyone got any last minute advice for me to prepare over the next few days?. My concerns really are the interview/roleplays. I've only prepared 4 examples, 1 for each competancy. So i may find this a bit of a problem when going through the interview. Any advice on the interview regarding the questions they ask?, will it be obvious what competancy they're asking for? or will the questions be worded in such a way that they could apply to any other competancy?. Anyway will let you know how i get on!! Sha

    • 4 replies
    • 319 views
  5. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi everyone, Has anyone or know anyone who has failed the BMI part of the medical. At what level of BMI do they see you as a fail. Im 192cm 16 stone BMI of 27. I personally will not be comfortable to be 14 -15 stone as i see that as too thin for my height. Im comfortable and fit enough but will the doctors see that. Any views or discussions more than welcome.

    • 12 replies
    • 570 views
  6. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi, i just wanted to ask a question about the assesment centre interview. ive been reading Tolley's book, which is really helpful, however i understand that there is a race and diversity question in the interview. i was just wondering if anyone had any examples of what to say because to be honest i cant think of any situation that ive been in that would qualify as showing respect for race or diversity. ive worked in about 15 shops and would never treat anyone differently. would this qualify? i know that we aren't supposed to discuss the goings on of the a/c or anything else but just needed your thoughts and possible examples. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 338 views
  7. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    Does anyone know how to go about appealing a decision with recruitment?

    • 3 replies
    • 571 views
  8. jonnokennedy
    Started by jonnokennedy,

    Is it ever too late to declare a "conviction" on the application form? I applied in Jan 06 and done the A/C, just waiting on a final interview now, however I now realise you have to declare parking tickets and I got one a few years ago. Is it too late to declare it? Or should I keep quiet?

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  9. king80
    Started by king80,

    i have a criminal record criminal damage and also was investigated for abh but not charged for it ,willl it affect my chances of getting into the force?.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hi - Just wondering how many times you can apply for the police? I know you have to wait 6 months inbetween apps but is there an overall limit? And would a particular force reject me if i have already tried and failed to get in to that force twice before? thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 642 views
  11. Brownie24
    Started by Brownie24,

    Oh my god can't beleive this has happened now! After passing the initial papersift with Derby I was told in July that due to the large number of applicants they would not be able to offer me an a/c at that time and I was beginning to think that I would not be offered one in the 12 month time scale they gave me, but then two weeks ago after several phone calls to recruitment they told me that they would be processing my application and I would be looking on a/c date early November subject to me passing the background checks - at this point I was over the moon :) However this morning all my dreams have been shattered as I received a letter informing me that I had not p…

    • 47 replies
    • 4.2k views
  12. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    Does anyone know if there's a course you can go on to help prepare for the Assessment Centre? I seem to remember someone putting a link on here at some point with dates of up and coming courses.

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views
  13. dirkdigg_1
    Started by dirkdigg_1,

    Hey there folks I am a 7 week probationer and am going out to consolidate my first module in three weeks time, just wanted to know if anyone thought that a leatherman or gerber multi-tool might be essential for duty (not just on probationary shifts). I have been looking at them for a while and am very curious as to how essential it might be to have one?? Many thanks in advance and this great site has really given me some much needed info already! :shock:

    • 6 replies
    • 510 views
    Matty Hall1546619935
  14. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, got a place on the unduction evening for west mercia on the 23rd of November in Telford. Just the start of the recruitment process but still feels good to have started at last.

    • 10 replies
    • 712 views
  15. Megablastic1546620104
    Started by Megablastic1546620104 * ,

    Hi all, I'm filling out my app at the moment, and after reading on this forum about a lot of people failing at the last moment due to a family member.... it's got me worried to say the least. I haven't seen my father since I was 16, I'm now 33. From the time I was 1 until 16 I would say I had seen him once every 2-3years and then only for a few hrs. The reason being he had a drug addiction. I also understand he went to jail over a drug conviction, I've no idea what though. Is this going to really mess up my chances. I personally only have a few minor driving offences on my record the last one being 4 years old. I have a clean licence at the moment. I've really set my …

    • 15 replies
    • 770 views
    Memnoch1546620097

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.