Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. missmaster
    Started by missmaster,

    It might sound silly but can smoker become a police officer? It's obviously better not to smoke but would being a smoker prevent someone from being allowed to become a police officer? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 806 views
  2. missmaster
    Started by missmaster,

    I haven't paid my University fees, is this going to show up in the security checks? If so, what can I do about it?

    • 2 replies
    • 972 views
  3. Jon261980
    Started by Jon261980,

    Hi all, I passed my A.C in June of this year for Staffs Police. I was wondering if anybody had undertaken their fitness test yet, as it seems to be taking ages!!. Impatient I know.... cheers....

    • 4 replies
    • 426 views
  4. cliobritt
    Started by cliobritt,

    I am due to leave the army in just over a year and am looking at MOD police, how does the recruitment process differ from say devon and cornwall (failed paper sift twice with them!)I have heard it's not as difficult do get in.. thanks!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. pepecarr
    Started by pepecarr,

    Can anybody help out with reference to Negative Indicators. What do these mean ? Where can I find out more ? i have my assesment centre in 3 weeks.

    • 3 replies
    • 481 views
  6. Miss Miller
    Started by Miss Miller,

    Just wanted to know if you are first aid traned, and feel confident in being able to help if you had to.

    • 18 replies
    • 3.2k views
  7. idnan
    Started by idnan,

    Hi, was just wondering if any of you know if i could opt for another day for my standard entry test? My date has been set for 20th november, which is the date i start my new job on the sales management programme with the car dealership company arnold clark. Its a very important induction week. Now any other date in the year would be ok, but i was unlucky to get this date. What are my options as i don't want to reject this job offer as it will always be something i could fall back on if i don't make it in the police?

    • 2 replies
    • 505 views
  8. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    Every book i buy seems to be useless....right now ive only got 4 tests from the "how to pass the new police selection system" book and ive been over them like a million times! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. scuba
    Started by scuba,

    Hi all, I applied for the met in 2002 and failed the interview on lack of police knowledge,i then applied for avon police and failed the paper sift,recently i applied for dorset and am still awaiting comeback,has anyone else had the same knockbacks,should i just give up and try something else.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. katec
    Started by katec,

    I know I've posted this on another thread but just wanted to shout it out!!!! Passed my medical and fitness yesterday!!!!

    • 13 replies
    • 552 views
  11. katec
    Started by katec,

    Does anyone have any last minute tips for technique on the push/pull? I have heard that its mainly technique but cant see anything on here re technique or perhaps cant see in my nervous state??

    • 16 replies
    • 794 views
  12. lifeman2k
    Started by lifeman2k,

    Has anyone else recieved them yet? Assesment was June, passed. Got the forms end of september. Anyone else?

    • 5 replies
    • 642 views
  13. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    ???

    • 8 replies
    • 821 views
    Jonty1546619994
  14. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi about 18 months ago i was stopped by a police officer as i had a break light out, which was fair enought. I was slightly anoyed as the car had its MOT 3 days before hand so the light must have only just gone (i check them every two weeks). The officer checked the lettering on tmy licence plates and they did not meet the standard required, these were on the car when i purchased it. The officer was very nice and only gave me a ticket (no points or fine) and i had to get the bulb and licence sorted out and have checked by MOT centre. I did all of this in the required 14 days. I'm just worried that this may effect my application when it comes to the security checks as so m…

    • 3 replies
    • 516 views
    Borat1546620039
  15. Dani*
    Started by Dani* * ,

    I'm sitting the Assessment Centre part of the application process in two weeks. i've studied hard but am still anxious. anyone already passed this part and want to share some tips i would be most grateful. what should i look out for?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.