Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    Hi, Before i call recruitment i thought i would ask your opinions..... As you know i have a provisional start date of the 4th Dec (woo hoo). The thing is that on the 31st December i get made redundant from my role at my current job. I have two weeks holiday to take. My boss wants to know if the Police would be willing to employee me whilst effectively still working out my notice from my current job (the two weeks leave owed). So i would have to jobs for about 2 weeks....... I really don't think the police would go for that ....conflit of interests maybe? My redundancy is for quite a bit of money so it will be devestating to lose it! Please let me know your …

    • 3 replies
    • 788 views
  2. achowe
    Started by achowe,

    How long did you guys have your uniform fitting before your start date..and what did you take with you??

    • 13 replies
    • 793 views
  3. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I passed the fitness today! Got 6.1 on the bleep (was hoping for 7) 41 on the push and 38 on the pull. Could have done better but i'm just thrilled that I passed!

    • 15 replies
    • 544 views
  4. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Imagine the scenario, you get a date for the A/C, you try to book the day off work and your boss says no, for whatever reason. What can you do? Are assessment centres always on a weekday? Can you reschedule? It may be unwise to skive as its risky for your application if found out.

    • 7 replies
    • 513 views
  5. maddie258
    Started by maddie258,

    Hi, Please refresh my memory.... Is the normal 19-25 I know if you are over 30 its a medical fail. I am only a bit porky ....26 gonna train like mad to get that down for my fitness test in three weeks! Thanx

    • 2 replies
    • 479 views
  6. achowe
    Started by achowe,

    Does anyone know if having defaults (no CCJs etc obviously but just defaults) matters?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. rostros
    Started by rostros,

    I know this will have been asked before but is it ok to use the examples used in your application form for the interview questions? Or would it be better to use alternative examples? Thanks Stuart

    • 3 replies
    • 565 views
    rushie1546620075
  8. Run
    Started by Run,

    http://www.how2become.co.uk/police.htm?key...lice|policetest do you recomend this ?

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
    sykes1545925530
  9. mastac
    Started by mastac,

    cant believe it, I got all the way to the last stage and then i fail. The lady on the phone wouldn't give me any information whatsoever... basically said "you have failed on references and vetting... goodbye". I asked how long before i could reapply she said i dont have to wait any time, i can re-apply straight away to that force and use my old application form and assessment centre pass marks so i would only have to do my physical and medical again. what i dont understand is why she would say this to me if i have already failed on the last part. surely i would fail again?? any ideas? this is really frustrating for me!!!

    • 22 replies
    • 2.7k views
  10. Michelle795
    Started by Michelle795,

    Hi everyone, Over the last four years or so I've been trying to join the Police in the London area so far no luck. I was going to jack it all in so I sent off for some information on local courses from my college. I waited a couple of days and when I received the pack it included a advert for a short course lasting 13-16 weeks called Police Access Course for people who aspire to be police officers. Basically its a course to improve certain skills needed to be successful when applying and if the course is completed you receive and application form for the Met. I enrolled because I believe this could really help me. I have been on the course now for a couple of weeks and I…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. pepecarr
    Started by pepecarr,

    Has anyone heard from GMP from the latest recruitment drive?

    • 4 replies
    • 714 views
  12. The Stig1546620068
    Started by The Stig1546620068,

    The thread with all the written examples has gone missing. :cry: Anyone fancy posting some more examples?

  13. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    One year in and still loving it. To all the other Notts intake from 10/10/2005 - howdy ho. To those starting in 2006, your going to love it!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  14. alvonmay1546619980
    Started by alvonmay1546619980,

    Do you think that recruitment should give out this web site address to new applicants for info and advice?. Merry Xmas to you all. Alvon

    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. jack1
    Started by jack1,

    I have just completed the assessment centre, i was wondering if anybody knows if mentioning a persons name(a friend called Mo) in the interview would cause you to fail?

    • 4 replies
    • 774 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.