Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. micdea
    Started by micdea,

    Some years ago i was diagnosed with rheumatism in my lower back, it has never been a problem and it hasnt affected my lifestyle but was wondering if this will cause any problems.

    • 3 replies
    • 395 views
  2. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    A grilling but thankfully through to next stage :shock:

    • 5 replies
    • 274 views
  3. russellcrocker
    Started by russellcrocker,

    im booked on to the hampshire recruitment evening tonight, but have a slight problem ive been of from work all week with bad flu and was hoping it would be better but im still a wreck,(hot sweats, dizzy spells coughing guts up) so im not sure weather to still go. Its just short of a 2hour drive from mine. any advice would be good

    • 2 replies
    • 312 views
  4. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    I live in Peterborough and instictively I want to apply to Cambridgeshire. I have read Cambs recruitment time is very long and a friend in the MET suggested apply there? Should I give it a go, or stick with the closer Cambs and be patient? I have many counties within easy travelling distance, Northants, Beds etc. has anyone got any suggestions? Many thanks Nik

    • 16 replies
    • 754 views
  5. lucylu1546080962
    Started by lucylu1546080962,

    I have received the attached letter from A. Murray, regarding a Big Issue vendor who works within the Centre complex just outside the main entrance to the shopping area (The Big Issue is a magazine which is sold by/for the homeless). The Security Guards have told me that the vendor concerned is a woman called Ms Jackson. They have watched her on more than one occasion. According to them there appears to be no cause for concern. They feel she is polite and friendly to passers-by. The unauthorised selling of goods within the Centre complex is not allowed, but the Centre Manager can issue agreements to individuals authorising such selling activity. The Centre Manager h…

    • 1 reply
    • 260 views
  6. evie
    Started by evie,

    Hi, We are being taken to Cranham, Birdlip in Gloucester for 3 days for an outward bounds session in December, has anyone else done this during probation and can tell me what this involves? Everyone who has done it has been sworn to secrecy and that worries me even more!

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    hi all, i have my interview at Hampshire next week and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to revise. quite nervous. many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 355 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  8. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Hi, I have just received my date and was a little surprised to see that it is a formal interview that lasts 30-45 mins and they ask about the core competencies.......I just done that in the A/C! I was hoping for a less formal interview and made to feel relaxed. Don't think that's going to happen! :shock:

    • 13 replies
    • 840 views
  9. Canary Koi
    Started by Canary Koi,

    Hi, I start training on 5th March and moving in to the Police has meant a drop in pay for me so things a re going to be a bit tight for a while. I'm curious to know how far into things I'm going to have to be before I get to do any overtime? Will it be before or after the 2 year probationary period is up? Also, what are the rates?

    • 6 replies
    • 784 views
  10. hkpete
    Started by hkpete,

    I've served in the Army and had a few Army medicals which are quite thorough, usually to PULHEEMs standard. I was wondering how the Police medical compares to an Army one. What's involved in the Police one? Is it as thorough as making you 'cough'?(!) What standard of hearing do you need to achieve? Cheers :)

    • 4 replies
    • 397 views
  11. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Don't know if anybody has any pearls of wisdom for me, and I know its ultimately my decision, but I have passed the A/C, and have a LONG wait before I could get in to Cambs, but have spoken to Essex, and could be in by April/ May. Is anybody else having the same question going round in their head, and can anybody offer any advice? Maybe Cambs will do an Essex in 2 months time and start Intaking 12 officers at a time, it would only take ten months to get the 60 already waing through, so could be in in a year OR could still have another two year wait....... I'm sooooo confused! Help!

    • 8 replies
    • 380 views
  12. uav689
    Started by uav689,

    Hi All Can anyone please let me know of the intake dates for the met for march/apr/may many thanks UAV

    • 4 replies
    • 404 views
    miccstaff1546620083
  13. PC Surname
    Started by PC Surname,

    Just got some bad news from Hertfordshire police. I enquired about transferring my application from Bedfordshire police in December and the nice lady in recruitment said it wasn't a problem. My only concern was my eyesight - I had 6/36 bionocular vision which Beds said was fine, but Hertfordshire said I had to have 6/36 in each indicidual eye! So, I got myself expensive and painful laser eye surgery for Christmas! I really wanted a Nintendo Wii instead. Just spoken to Hertfordshire recruitment again but now they have said that although my vision won't be a problem they are stopping all application transfers because some naughty people have been transferring to herts to …

    • 6 replies
    • 677 views
  14. KLS
    Started by KLS,

    Hi Guys, I am a 31 year old female from Tameside, and just waiting for start date for GMP Has anyone any idea what happens in the first week at Sedgley Park? I know there's another fitness test, but that's about all I know! Is it then that we get uniform fittings etc? Oh and on a mercinary note - please don't laugh - but when is pay day for GMP? I know this is a bit of a ridiculous question at this stage, but I'm also in the process of buying a new house as well as starting a new job, so need to plan ahead!!! If it all works out, the two things will happen within days of eachother. :shock: If anyone has any handy hints or info about being a baby police offic…

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
  15. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    im young and you dont find answers if you dont ask so does the uk have swat teams? or somthing similar? what gcses do you need? do you need to go to 6th form collage ect? how much does it pay? i was hoping to ask a carries guy these but i still havent talked to him and i dont have much time left so not sure if i will get an apoinment or not and info would be great thanks craig

    • 1 reply
    • 464 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.