Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wnabetraffic
    Started by wnabetraffic,

    Im guessing you guys are the ones in the know about what the 2 year Probation period is really like . . .so what is it like? :) What sort of duties do you carry out? Is it all on foot? What kind of scenes etc do you go to? Any perks to the job?

  2. babsjen1546620113
    Started by babsjen1546620113,

    Hi Wiggers, been told start dates are March 5th at Skem, March 26th at Fleetwood and April 23rd at Hutton. The march 5th is full, so hoping my start date will be 26th now. It's so frustrating not knowing when going to start, feels like so long ago passed everything! Oh well suppose just need to be patient! So how long have you been waiting to hear? :? :? :? :? Application April 06 Assessment 26th Sept- Passed Interview 1st Nov 06- Passed Physical 25th Nov- Passed Medical 29th Nov 06- Passed Final Vetting- Ongoing....

    • 0 replies
    • 359 views
    babsjen1546620113
  3. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    i was wondering...i have a problem in my legs and was wondering if it would stop me entering the police.. to cut a long story short the bones on my leg are all twisted, so if i put me knee straight my foot goes to one side and if i put my foot straight my knee is bout 90 degrees around..lol

    • 8 replies
    • 399 views
  4. camsey36
    Started by camsey36,

    After passing police selection in 2006 for Durham constabulary and receiving a 2007 start date, Imagine my disapointment when was told that forthcoming police intakes were cancelled for at least the next two years due to financial constraints on the force. Since then I have transfered my application to northumbria to be put in a twelve to eighteen month waiting list, subject to another medical, fitness and final interveiw. So if anyone has any similar experiences to share, Or were part of Durhams 2006 application that went wrong, Please lets hear from you. Down but still not out. camsey362007-02-15 22:10:54

  5. thebrasso
    Started by thebrasso,

    I just had to vent my frustration. I applied with British Transport Police in October 2005 and passed the papersift by the end of November if I remember correctly, so at the time I was quite optimistic. However in the next six months my circumstances changed and I realised I couldn't commit to moving away which I may have to do as part of a national force. So I transferred my application to Cheshire. I contacted Cheshire first, to see if they would accept my application. They told me I would need to put this in writing to BTP. BTP then sent the application, and I rang Cheshire and they confirmed I was being vetted at the moment. I then get a letter at the end of Janu…

    • 11 replies
    • 759 views
  6. lucylu1546080962
    Started by lucylu1546080962,

    I was previously unsuccessful in joining the regs as I was 2% off the pass mark. The assessment center just seems impossible. None of the areas i did were particularly poor just average marks..i don't really know what to do for next time. Seems to me like its just a bit of a fluke and how well you do on the day. Any advice? Do you think being a special will put me at an advantage? Do more people tend to get in second time. I have another centre in April and dreading it! what should i be looking for in role plays and what nails should I be hitting on the head if you know what I mean?

    • 9 replies
    • 645 views
    lucylu1546080962
  7. wnabetraffic
    Started by wnabetraffic,

    Hey All, I am looking to become a Police Officer in the Cheshire Constabulary or West Mercia Forces, but I think I have missed the chance to apply this year which I am dissapointed about. Will I have to wait until the new year to apply or will there be any chance this year to apply, or any way of finding out if there are still any spaces left in either force? Thanks for the help, Tom

  8. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I'M GOING FOR MY A/C ON THE 20TH IN 2 DAYS TIME FOR ESSEX POLICE FORCE I PASSED THE PAPER SIFT OUT OF THE BLUE, I DON'T THINK I HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF PASSING IT BUT I AM GIVING IT A TRY BECAUSE AFTER WHAT PEOPLE SAID "YOU ARE GETTING A CHANCE SO GO FOR IT" I PERSONALLY THINK I WILL GET ABOUT 40%-50%, I REALLY WANT TO BECOME A COPPER BUT I HAD NO TIME TO REVISE OR STUDY AS I HAD LOT OF COLLEGE COURSEWORK TO GIVE IN. SO PLEASE EVERYONE ADVISE ME ON EVERYTHING THAT WILL HELP ME ON. CHEERS ALLAH HAFIZ

    • 4 replies
    • 202 views
  9. DanD
    Started by DanD,

    Hi all After surviving the long months of the application procedure I have been accepted into Kent Police. I have a police background as I was a civvie investigator for 2 years with Beds police but I was wondering if anyone out there has any advice, hints about what sort of preperation I should undertake before joining as well as any advice about life in the job. Any replies would be appreciated. Cheers

  10. Michelle795
    Started by Michelle795,

    Hi people, Just want to know if the Passing Out Parade for new officers is to be scrapped? I heard it was being scrapped from someone who is joining the Met and was told she was to be part of the very last one. Could it be a rumour or had anyone heard any different. Thanks guys.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. lucylu1546080962
    Started by lucylu1546080962,

    thanks guys I think i will try the into police one as it's more local!

    • 1 reply
    • 170 views
  12. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    a strong possibility that questions asked in your application will be the same ones asked in your assessment centre interview?

    • 3 replies
    • 482 views
  13. mikeb21
    Started by mikeb21,

    I've looked through some forces websites and it seems many are not interested in recruiting new officers. Are they more intestested in recruiting transfers from other forces, specials, community support officers or what? The information i've found about recruitment seems pretty crap to me. And should you apply to forces in your area or can you be ambishious and apply to join a force some distance away? And have you got any tips about where I should start?

    • 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Rollnick
    Started by Rollnick,

    Hola Im 19 years old and am currently staying in LA (UK citizen). I am fluent in spanish, have lived in 4 different countries, worked in two others and have had a great deal of experience since leaving school. Before i departed for spain, i worked as a bar supervisor in a pub, giving me *a lot* of experience dealing with drunks! Does having another language like spanish give you a good advantage in applying? I assume these other experiences do to. Im looking to apply in the summer. Many thanks, Jake

    • 3 replies
    • 301 views
  15. nico08
    Started by nico08,

    Looking for some helpful pointers please! I have to write an assignment on the history of Stop Search procedures i.e. Why we do what we do, how it came about etc. Does anybody know of any good reference material that will help. I am aware of the Stephen Lawrence enquiry etc but need to find some decent reading material. All suggestions greatfully received. Thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.