Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hi Ok I'm gonna actually fill in the application form which has been sitting on my desk for the past several months. But before I do the goo dold sick days bit, what is the maximum they let you get away with. I applied for PCSO back in November and thats the reason they turned me down, sick days. :x I'm not a skiver by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm so worried that I'll get turned down because of something I had no control over. I always go into work and get sent home if I'm ill. I don't like just ringing in. Saying that there has been a few occasions over the past few years. Can anyone help me please? Hermia321

    • 1 reply
    • 419 views
  2. Pulsar_Jess
    Started by Pulsar_Jess * ,

    Hiya everybody Just after some advice really. I started with North Yorkshire and have done 10 weeks of the training but due to where they had based me (60miles) from home they gave me an ultimatum : Either tell us now that you are going to move or resign. I couldnt lie so I've resigned. I'm now faced with having to re-apply and go through the whole recruitment process again I was given 5 minutes to decide if I was taking the place on the course or The lad on the phone tole me I could only do my PDU at York, Skipton, Harrogate or Scarborough. I asked why this was as I had been told all along that I would be based in Northallerton on Richmond. They explained to me w…

    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  3. slider69gdw
    Started by slider69gdw,

    Anyone going to the met open day on the 25th feb??? There is at least 2 shifts attending from my nick in TVP.

    • 1 reply
    • 611 views
  4. KateH
    Started by KateH,

    OH MY GOD! I'm so happy, had a letter in the post this morning telling me I have passed the Competancy assessment! Not got a date for Assessment Centre yet (kind of glad as I will be bricking it!) Yay! Kate

    • 2 replies
    • 504 views
  5. paulw1546620052
    Started by paulw1546620052,

    is describing a Big Issue seller as 'a homeless person' derogitory? Is it wrong to assume they are homeless? I am preparing for a/c and would like to know if i should challenge such a statement. cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 247 views
  6. rich_roadkill
    Started by rich_roadkill,

    I been to 2 sudden deaths and an autopsy in the past 3 weeks on street duties.. Today tho was the worst.. a dead body that was there for about 9 months.. When we put in the door you could see the steam just fly out! The body was down to bones and where the blanket was laying on top of him he looked like something outta the mummy! 8( Whats your worst one?

    • 50 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. FUZZY J
    Started by FUZZY J * ,

    I HAVE MY FINAL INTERVIEW FOR STRATHCLYDE POLICE ON THE 22 FEB HAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA OF WHAT THEY WILL ASK YOU.

    • 4 replies
    • 418 views
  8. Steve_Y
    Started by Steve_Y,

    We all know it can take YEARS to get into the Met as a PC, however the purpose of this thread is so I can get an idea of how long the initial steps should take. I submitted my application on line on Jan 16th and recieved a confirmation letter 2 days later and was told it would take 4-6 weeks to have the form marked. 4 weeks down the line and I've just given them a call, and apparently my application is still marked as "submitted" - meaning it hasn't recieved any attention yet. So those of you that have been through the process recently, please post up your time lines. I've a feeling I know where this particular application is going anyway

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. AFREUDEN
    Started by AFREUDEN,

    As daft as its sounds has anybody got a good thing to write about why you would want to join the police force? I was thinking something like because I want to make a difference in the community and want to make a safer area for people, don't know whether this is good enough. Any comments would be much appreciated.

    • 11 replies
    • 763 views
  10. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi there, I've got my induction day on Wed & I start mid-March. On the induction day we have to take a 1000 word biog on ourselves and we will also get a community awareness project to complete before we start. Anybody else done anything similar - done my biog but got a feeling all 20 of us will have to stand up & read them out to everybody else on the course !!

    • 3 replies
    • 674 views
  11. RobP22uk
    Started by RobP22uk,

    done my asssessment at conventy waiting results on the 10th waiting it seems is going to be crucial to passing this recruitment dont know how ive fared on the tests. wish me luck Rob

  12. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Basically, my mothers history is a mess. She and my father seperated when I was 2 - and then when I was 5 she got married to her new partner; but it didnt last and was divorced soon after. I have a very very vague memory of this and didn't think to question it when I filled out my application form. When it came to putting down previous surnames she just gave me the one additional surname (her maiden name) to put down on top of her current surname. Only tonight when we were discussing over the phone the importance of the security checks did she tell me that she'd had a third surname (the one from the marriage) which she'd kept for 2 years! I was quite frankly shocked and u…

    • 7 replies
    • 545 views
  13. chaz1546620092
    Started by chaz1546620092,

    hey everyone, ive got an a/c in march and was just practicing my maths skills. I know that you cannot use a calculator on the test but how on earth do you calculate percentage increase/decrease? I'm reading that Tolley book and one of the questions is: IF A PERSON SAVES 40% A MONTH OUT OF A TOTAL WAGE OF £1,000, THEN WHAT PERCENTAGE IS BEING SAVED PER MONTH? A-40% B-10% C-6% D-15% E-4% Ive used a calculator and the answer is 4% but how do you that on paper? As ive tried to calculate but get stuck. Also, does these type of questions come in the A/C maths exam? Please help!!!

    • 19 replies
    • 485 views
    Thin Blue Line1546620116
  14. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    I have just found out that i failed my a/c by 2%, i have been told that the mod police will accept results of 55% so there maybe a chance i can transfer over to them. What i would like to know is this true? Also what is the mod police all about, is there anybody on here that currently works for them that will be able to give me a good insight into what my day to day duties would be. Any info would be great.

    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Right where shall i begin.......I have just recently failed my a/c by 2%, i told everyone on here that i had failed and someone pointed out that the MDP accepted pass rates of 55%. I looked into this and decided to see what the force was all about, surely that is quite a normal thing to do? I have since spoke to recruitment in depth about what the mdp is all about and what prospects i had, they told me about all the different career paths i could take with them which in actual fact appealed to me. I am still trying to find someone on this site who could give me a really good insight and personal thoughts on what they think about there role with the mdp. If i do decide…

    • 12 replies
    • 679 views
    sykes1545925530

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.