Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
My wife is in the later stages on the recruitment process (waiting on date for the home visit). I have recently come to the decision that I want to leave my current profession as a database developer and would also like to join the police. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of both husband and wife being in the police and how that worked out (presume both would be based at different stations?). Hopefully my wife will start training at some point in the next 2/3 months where as I have only requested the application form so wouldn't expect to be starting until probably next year. The force we are both looking to join is Lothian and Borders. A bit more backgroun…
-
http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/default....=article&ID=495
-
Does anyone know if a course such as ISP deal with final interviews or is it just the assessment centre interview?
-
-
Im kind of stuck on 1 question.... Section 4, " Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someones behavior that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive... " Ive never really been in that situation, apart from the odd family row, but it states not to use an example where the person was angry or upset, do i leave this section blank or explain that ive never been in this position?
-
- 4 replies
- 764 views
- 2 followers
-
-
How can i get a A-C GRADE in RRD? plz help my a/c is 2moro!!!
-
Has anyone else applied to Chesire Constab... just before christmas? I think it was late october when my form went in and the closing date was beginning of November. I rang them yesterday to see if there was any progress and the lady said that my form has come back from the external company that checks them and I should hopefully be notified in the next few weeks. They put a notice on their website to state there won't be anymore recruitment this year... Also, does anyone know when staffordshire may possibly be recruiting? (as a second option)
-
HELLO PEOPLE I GOT A QUICK QUESTION? CAN I USE THE EXAMPLES I USED ON MY APPLICATION FORM FOR THE COMPENTENCY STRUCTURED INTERVIEW AT A/C EACH LASTING 5 MINS AND 4 QUESTIONS EACH? PEOPLE PLEASE REPLY FNX GREATLY APRRECIATED
-
hello, ive passed paper sift, awaiting date for a/c , i believe it will be in march however ive read all the horror stories of how traumatic the a/c is on all the forums, im aware they will assess me on the core competencies, but whats the best way to revise, and what sort of notes are you allowed to take with you in your role play ie, am i allowed to refer to these notes while answering/questioning, any way best of luck to all of you people who are going to a/c.
-
Hi All! I am new to all this, so here goes. I have my assessment centre coming up in less than 3 weeks and the nerves are setting in a bit! I have found the maths section quite ok, but like some people have said, sometimes the verbal reasoning questions do conradict them selves. I do well in them, but never perfect! I don't need any inside info, just peoples feelings on how they thought they coped on the day. It also seems like there is a quick turn around if you get in, is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards A hopeful recruit :-)
-
Anyone else bricking it? I'm there at 08:15. I'm starting to feel a little nervous now. But hey, BRING ON THE NOISE! 8)
-
Hi, I am due to start on March 19th and I know the pay date for my force is 28th of each month. Will I be paid at the end of March or will my 1st pay day be the end of April ? Anybody know what it works out after tax, ni etc each month. Is it around £1200 per month. THanks
-
Lets start a thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone here joining in March??
-
Hi, I'm a West Mids officer in the process of applying to Warwickshire police on promotion (PC to Sgt). Are there any officers out there who've made a similar move, or any serving Warwickshire officers, who can advise me about their experience? I realise the structure and culture of the two forces is likely to be fairly different, and it would be nice to hear somebody else's opinion.
-
- 1 reply
- 559 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello This may sound like a stupid question, but i'm stuck on what to say about my 'other activities' on the application form. Question: Please tell us about any other skills you have such as driving or language skills and any voluntary or community activities you have been involved with. I know I need to be able to drive for the force I am applying to, which is fine as I have been driving for nearly 5 years, but I have not done any voluntary or community activities and cannot speak any other language as this was something I did not continue after leaving school (you know how it is, if you don't use it, you lose it, therefore I cannot speak a word). …
-
- 3 replies
- 489 views
- 2 followers
-