Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. marvin1546620056
    Started by marvin1546620056 * ,

    Hey all. Can you all enter your Centrex Scores to give us an idea what the average is. Only found one poll on this and it's not very informative. Don't be shy. Pass or not, please post.

    • 96 replies
    • 5.8k views
  2. matt1989
    Started by matt1989 * ,

    Hi There, I currently live in West London and really don't like London. I am thinking of moving upto Manchester, where my family is from and many of my family members still live. I have just turned 18 and am potentially thinking of applying as a Police Officer with GMP, as they are currently recruiting. Will my young age disadvantage me? Or will I be at a disadvantage that when I apply I will have an address in London? Comments welcome.....

    • 5 replies
    • 669 views
  3. leon1546080884
    Started by leon1546080884,

    i applied april 2006 for btp.finally received a letter today saying it could take 3 to 4 months tohear from them again.they are looking into the second questionaire that was sent out and if you have more you can add to the second questionaire you can i think download it and send it in so i will keep my fingers crossed

    • 5 replies
    • 566 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  4. Silv1983
    Started by Silv1983,

    Hi all, Just a thought, seeing as the BTP, Surrey, and Kent starters (to name but a few) all have their own thread - i'd start one for us GMP wannabes . A place to keep each other updated and informed of how we're doing at this exciting end stage. I'll kick us off: Im a 23 year old male from Withington, South Manchester, who is originally from S.London but stayed up in the North West after university because of a combination of a) Girlfriend and B) Greater Manchester Police recruiting 8) I passed my Medical today at Sedley Park and have been told to wait for a letter in the post confirming an offer of employment

    • 30 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. PC Surname
    Started by PC Surname,

    Hey all, I got my AC results last week and fortunately passed. My scores were as follows: Overall 71% Respect for race and diversity 76% Oral communication 100% Written communication 78% What did everyone else get?

    • 8 replies
    • 508 views
    Google1546620105
  6. RandomOfficer
    Started by RandomOfficer,

    I'm currently a Special for Cheshire Police but have just been accepted into Merseyside regs. I have a while before my start date so I'm thinking of getting an earpiece now, but can't be bothered paying the money if Merseyside use different radios. What radios do Merseyside use please? Cheshire use Nokia THR880 Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 736 views
  7. jackson_day
    Started by jackson_day,

    and I PASSED my A/C!!!!!! It feels so good to pass after the dreaded, never-ending wait! bring on the FIB!! Thanks to all people on forum for the brilliant help and putting up all that useful advice. (now I can post advise too 8) ) jackson

    • 9 replies
    • 409 views
  8. meganb
    Started by meganb * ,

    I have just passed the entrance test and i am going for the interview is there any tips on what might be asked in the interview? :?

    • 2 replies
    • 330 views
  9. wkdblue
    Started by wkdblue,

    Alright peeps, I'm sure you've been asked about joining up millions of times! I have most of the information I need, what I am curious about is if you have any hints or tips on how to deal with attempting top join the force. I'm currently in the armed forces as a dog trainer/handler and have done 5 years this april. I want to move on before I become too dependant on the forces for my everyday needs plus I've had enough of tours! I'm about to disappear on one for 6 months then intend on signing off which gives me twelve months before I'm out. Obviously I would much prefer to be able to make as quick a change from the military to the force (If I'm successful!) rather tha…

  10. 83
    Started by 83 * ,

    Hello I have just received my application form for herts police, have one quick question, i have had no contact with my mum for 17years and don't know where she is living, or any information about her, BUT i could if need be find out through other family members, can i leave this blank or do i definitely need this information, many thanks!

    • 6 replies
    • 508 views
  11. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Just to let you know that Northants are now recruiting.

    • 10 replies
    • 980 views
  12. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Just opened my results from the WYP A/C I had on 05/12/2006 and have failed by 1% Overall 59% RRD 80% oral communications 95% written communication 78% Gutted really as I had to wait for a year for that A/C, but I know exactly where I went wrong. It was the roleplays. I ran out of time in two of them and missed a RRD point in another. Everything else went fine, so I'm gonna keep practising and apply again in 6 months. I'm assuming it's 6 months from the date you hear you have failed.

    • 14 replies
    • 807 views
  13. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    WARWICKSHIRE POLICE WILL BE ACCEPTING COMPLETED APPLICATIONS FROM MONDAY 23RD APRIL TO FRIDAY 27TH APRIL 2007. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM OF THEIR WEBSITE.

    • 1 reply
    • 528 views
  14. TheHP
    Started by TheHP,

    On my second app to hampshire now after i got 59% in sept 06 acc did pretty well in most things apart from the problem solving during the role play got 3 D's :evil: any tips on improving on those grades or any notes to make in the 5 minute prep?

    • 3 replies
    • 457 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  15. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    we are too busy fighting each other? Just totally down at the moment. Im only on week 26 of my training, and am about to start my final 6 weeks with my tutor before [hopefully] going independant. Our training has had 2 classroom tutors taking us throughout. 1 an expereinced and well respected tutor, and the other a total newcomer to the training environment - but with 20 odd years street guile behind them. Anyway.....as a class people were getting a bit frustrated with ou training as it was so disorganised, and with one tutor being off ill for a few weeks in the middle, we have kinda been shoved and stuck with various trainers when they are free to try and make up …

    • 24 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.