Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Canary Koi
    Started by Canary Koi,

    I'm getting a bit nervous now. Will I be any good, will I like it, will I have enough money to pay the bills.... At the moment I just want this year to be finished as quickly as possible with my training behind me lol.

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  2. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi, Anyone else waiting for their fitness/medical date for west mercia?? Just wondering!

    • 22 replies
    • 1k views
  3. MCFC619
    Started by MCFC619,

    I sent my application out before christmas and haven't heard a thing from the police yet. I had a missed call once on ma phone from them bt never rang it back. Should I have heard something yet telling me whether they have received the form or rejected me? Advice needed.

  4. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi All, True to form i said i would let you know how i got on, well not good news today,I'm afraid. I failed my fitness test. I got 4 minutes-10 seconds on the circuit, which was 25 seconds too long. I passed the push pull element 20kg, but you need both to go through. I am absolutely gutted, distraught, right disappointed in my self. I felt it was a none starter from the off my nerves definitely got the better of me. I couldn't breath and that was before i had started. I did loads of preparation for the fitness and felt i was reasonably fit for an olden, but hey i will not be deterred ,I will go back and try again and again if necessary…

  5. LSC
    Started by LSC,

    Thought I would put this on this forum to hopefully get some feedback from some one who may have some related experience (having already gone through recruitment satges) I was just wondering if anyone had come across a situation like this before or if anybody had any advice on the matter. I am currently going through the initial stages of greivance proceedings against my previous employer. The reason I am doing this, is they would not grant any time off for me to attend the pre-induction training module that the force I applied to run as part of the final application satges. As a result of this I was left with no alternative other than to resign. This then led to me lo…

    • 4 replies
    • 734 views
  6. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    am i the only one to spot this, for those who are doing or have done their assessment you may have spotted that in the film Hot Fuzz the Police division is Sandford. Unless i'm wrong isnt this the same division as in the a/c? If so i wanna transfer my application to them! http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/trailers/...enu_hotfuzz.htm

    • 43 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. jack1111
    Started by jack1111,

    I'm still training under the new IPLDP system and am currently in about week 29 of the 36. I've just been out on shift as part of the training for the last week and already feel stressed, confused and my brain hurts. There just seems like so much procedure, information and 'stuff' that we've been bombarded with and it's impossible to be able to put that into practice when we only get 17 days with our SDA (tutor) before going independant! It's just not enough time. Are there any others out there that are in a similar situation or have been through this system that can offer any advice or solutions as I'm feeling pretty demotivated by it all. I'm told it's the best job i…

    • 20 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. Durhamlad
    Started by Durhamlad,

    I'm an idependant special with BTP, I want to join full time. I decided to apply for NYP, because BTP had stopped recruiting. Now though I've been informed I can apply for regular post. What do I do submit my application for NYP or go for NYP?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. The Stig1546620068
    Started by The Stig1546620068,

    Hello, So.....i have my final interview in little over 1 month and i'm getting twitchy already. Has anyone recently been through it that can over any guidance? I have answers for most of the tricky questions i've been told about but i don't want to get caught out on aything - esp diversity issues. I will be prepping an answer for each competency and finding out about force issues. Is there anything else that can help me prepare? I've been in the process nearly a year now and i don't want to fall at the lat hurdle Thanks, in advance, for any help.

    • 8 replies
    • 429 views
    The Stig1546620068
  10. halo1546619945
    Started by halo1546619945,

    Hi all I work for GSL the prison escorts (used to be group 4) for the last 4 years and have been driving for 9 years. I haver never in all my years of driving had a speeding ticket, then 1 turned up last week :? and another one today! thats two in two weeks It's my own fault and i hold my hands up, the only thing is thats 6 points now in the last two weeks, ihave my medical today with wmp and my fitness on 3rd march. Will this cause my app to be dropped?? The irony is i was transporting prisoners on both occasions Thanks in advance liam

    • 6 replies
    • 824 views
  11. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    So I have passed the application, a/c and final interview so far. I have a visit with the Occi Health Nurse next Tuesday to discuss my previous Asthma episodes. I have been clear of Asthma for at least 2 years and am not on any medication. I now woke up 2 days ago with a what I think may be a blimin chest infection. I am hacking up stuff! and when I blow out hard(which I will have to do for my lung capacity test next week) I can hear a wheeze on my chest. What is the chances of this happening right now?! My question to you is do I visit my doctor? and if I do will this go against me? Or should I just hope it goes away by next week? Any suggestions would be very…

    • 6 replies
    • 491 views
  12. Debs22
    Started by Debs22,

    I have been given the 20th Jan for my assessment date at 7.45am :shock: Just wondering if anyone else has that date? Also really chuffed as they also included the feedback about the application form which i think is really useful. It broke down each competancy question and explained how you did in relation to other candidates, overall it said I did better than 97% of candidates (cant believe it, think they must have got that bit wrong!!) but it is a real confidence boost for the a/c. There is also a a/c preparation evening on the 6th Feb, has anyone been on one of these evenings, are they of any use? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 263 views
  13. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I have my initial interview with Strathclyde police this week and am revising possible interview questions. I am struggling to think of an answer for: When was the last time you were angry? and Tell me your biggest weakness? Any ideas would be great... Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  14. peteratsea1546620082
    Started by peteratsea1546620082,

    Hello all, I just thought that I would post my experience of the day I had during my assessment so that it might be of use to those about to attend an assessment centre. Yes the A/C is quite a traumatic experience and very stressful. However, if you are well prepared then all should go well. At the a/c you are divided into groups of usually 8 people. Each group will start on a different part of the assessment. For ease of reference, I will explain what happened to me on my day. The first test was the numeracy. This comprised of 25 questions to be answered within 12 minutes. The questions range from basic numeracy to working out areas or volumes. I then proceeded…

    • 9 replies
    • 541 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  15. gregbrokof
    Started by gregbrokof * ,

    I am 21 and have just had a back operation....how ever im getting bk to normal fitness and no longer suffering from back pain do you think this would affect my chances? i also have 3 points on my liscence for driveing without a liscence is there any hope for me to join lol Also how does it work with regards to applying for the police and how long does the process take

    • 4 replies
    • 648 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.