Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    I have my A/C for Lancs on March 21st and due to the speed of the recruitment process this time, the fitness stage is in April/May. The silly girl that I am....I went hiking and have sprained my ankle. Has anyone got any ideas how I can train for the bleep test without running???? I can not run on it at the moment, but I want to work on my fitness. I also know that if I am lucky enough to get through to the fitness stage, I will turn on my good ankle. Many THANKS!!!!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 319 views
  2. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi, I start in a couple of weeks and we have been told we need boots that we can polish to a shine. I like the look of the magnum elite boots with a side zip. Are these acceptable & does anybody have a similar pair ?

    • 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Cooper_
    Started by Cooper_,

    Hi Guys, :) Im hoping to get a start date soon-ish ( just got fitness to pass ) for West Midlands Police. Does anyone know where PC's will Train ? ie Ryton, and for how long before being stationed ? I will call Recruitment but I hopefully someone may be able to help here :-)

    • 2 replies
    • 424 views
  4. LeeBut
    Started by LeeBut,

    HI Everyone, I am new to this forum, I have my ass centre on the 28th March for west midlands police, is anyone else attending on this date? More importantly how is everyone doing in their west mids applications?

    • 6 replies
    • 579 views
  5. Junior1546620116
    Started by Junior1546620116,

    Hello guys, I'm starting Kent Police training on March 23rd. I have heard that they give you a Uniform on day one/two to be worn every day from then on. However for the first week I will be travelling by Public Transport to KPHQ in Maidstone. Whilst travelling there will I be expected to be in full uniform? I am worried that I may be approach by a member of public seeking assistance, however won't be trained to deal with the situation. Can anyone offer me any advice? Many thanks

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Junior1546620116
  6. RobP22uk
    Started by RobP22uk,

    Out of the 8 Levels how many do you have to pass to get a passing grade for the fitness test?

  7. Performance_Pursuit
    Started by Performance_Pursuit,

    I’m having trouble using the PEACE technique for interviewing a victim. I find my self struggling with what to ask and a a lot of awkward silences in training. :shock: I actually dread doing this in front of a victim as they may think "what sort of idiot have they sent out to deal with this job" ? I would be great full if someone would give me an example of how they would conduct this and what sort of questions need to be asked, for say the offence of Burglary dwelling. Thanks in advance PP

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Performance_Pursuit
  8. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    I wonder if some one can clear this up for me as I am getting conflicting information and it I'd love to know whats true. I was under the impression that if you fail the assessment stage, you have to wait six months and then reapply at application form stage. However I was talking to a person employed by a force to train staff and they said you don't have to reapply but instead you tell recruitment you are still interested and you will be allowed to re sit the assessment again after your six moths have passed (with out starting form application) Also I have heard a lot of forces appear to be offering people that have failed assesment PCSO jobs. Is this…

  9. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi guys, I'm currently going through the written practice test i.e. the Big Issue example. Does anyone have ideas they can help me with to suggest when considering the conditions for a new vendor? My head has gone!! Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 246 views
  10. honey1546620120
    Started by honey1546620120,

    I wonder if any one can clear this up for me. I got my first ever penalty points in August 05 (did 37 in a tempory 30 - normally a 40) Did everything I should paid the fine,informed my insurance. In July 06 I put my application in for west Mids Police (declared my points) In Jan this year I transfered application to West Mercia and have just done A/C (awaiting results) Here's my worry in Sept 06 I was in stoke at 11.30 at night, had been visiting a friend don't know the area was following my sat nav and the clever thing sent me through a no entry ! realised as I went through it but so did the traffic cop behind me. He pulled me over kindly gave me 3 points and a fi…

    • 4 replies
    • 438 views
  11. raz1973
    Started by raz1973,

    Dear all I am doing a research on Positive Discrimination within Police Force for my dissertation. And I would really appreciate if you could take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire. I have posted this earlier on but didn't get the required amount of responces.Your participation will really help me in my research so PLEASE spare a couple of minutes of your time! Please follow the link below for my survey: http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB225WLT3T2TH Thank you very much for your help!

    • 3 replies
    • 549 views
  12. Harivneyac
    Started by Harivneyac * ,

    Hi. Glad I stumbled across your site. Are there any other good places to visit about this topic? Be back later Acne

    • 4 replies
    • 518 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  13. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    HI, Sorry to be a pain and I bet you get thousands of similar requests, but I am desperate :-( I have AC on March 21st and I can in no way get my head around percentages, area and averages!!! I have also looked on the internet at the correct content and structure of a memo. However I have no idea of where to start. I have GCSE math books and when I think I finally understand my weaker areas, I go to answer questions and my mind goes blank. I really struggle to put the theory into practise. If anyone knows of any magic way to cure me over night, or any realistic way, please help. BIG THANKS

    • 7 replies
    • 528 views
  14. sk065
    Started by sk065,

    Hello People HAvent posted here in while but i am now ready to apply for the police after succesful lasik surgery!! Yay Im going to apply for lothian and borders but under the accelerated promotion scheme for graduates. Just wondered if anyone had been through the recruitment process whith this scheme and if so, what was involved? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 671 views
  15. scribbledogg
    Started by scribbledogg,

    As the title says. I failed papersift for regs and thought it would be good to join specials. Will I still be allowed to reapply to the regs again in six months?

    • 3 replies
    • 346 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.