Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    I don't know whether to transfer my applications from Cambs to Essex. Advantages to transfer to Essex: Much quicker entry time Possibly more 'action' being nearer the big smoke Bigger force - more opportunity Disadvantages to transfer to Essex: Further to travel Cost of travel Could the transfer jeopodise my application? Please add your comments below to help me decide: Also, does anyone know if Essex offer free train travel or a reduction?

    • 6 replies
    • 510 views
  2. heddluplod
    Started by heddluplod,

    A quick poll to see how satisfied are you in the way the Met recruitment Department have handled your application to become a Police Constable?

    • 8 replies
    • 990 views
  3. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hello Everyone, I am just trying to get some advice on the written test. Any help would be great.

    • 7 replies
    • 316 views
  4. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi Everyone, I have got my assesment centre soon and i would like to get some advice on the written tests in regards to what two questions might be asked. many thanks Lee

    • 7 replies
    • 338 views
  5. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    yes another question from me! well, i went to a briefing at essex police for my a/c at the end of the month. we were told that as long as we make the required 60% then there is a job for us as they have a large number of places, how to make a man more nerveous! just wondered how hard it is to reach the 60%? im confident on the role plays as my job deals with the public every day and i live in a very multi cultural area. its just my maths and spelling im swatting up on. so any help? or am i just, well, bricking it like every one else.

    • 12 replies
    • 684 views
  6. Rebecca1546620125
    Started by Rebecca1546620125,

    Hi :) Another random question. I was just wondering if psychological tests are carried out when joining the police force? If so why and what do these test include? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 457 views
  7. ami
    Started by ami,

    during the assessmenet centre,the interview section...are the questions the same as are asked in your application or could they be based on the other cc's?i have obviously provided 3 good answers covering the 3 ccs in my pack but is it a possibility they could ask me on the others?if so i guess i need to make up some more answers?in a bit of a panic...a/c is next tuesday!

    • 4 replies
    • 277 views
  8. jamie24
    Started by jamie24,

    Anybody who applied to Lancashire in Jan 2007 heard anything yet?

    • 26 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Nick18
    Started by Nick18,

    Does anyone know if WYP have final interviews???Some people have told me they have not had one and some people have told me diffrent??? Any ideas???

    • 4 replies
    • 377 views
  10. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi all, I put a post on a couple of days back about me leaving the positive and negative indicators in my laptop case DOH!!!! However I have since discovered it wasn't the indicators I have left in.....it was the Westshire Centre policies I don't know if anyone is allowed to send it me???? But if anyone has them and a scanner I would REALLY appreciate it (if it's allowed) if they could send it to me on my works address...rahael.maclean@lancashire.pnn.co.uk as I won't have access to the forum tomorrow. Or I have a fax machine aswell. There is a spelling mistake but that's how it has been done for me. Thank you in advance Rachael

    • 2 replies
    • 496 views
  11. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Does anyone know if recruitment depts are open on Saturdays??? Inparticular Lancs?????

    • 2 replies
    • 428 views
  12. Viper
    Started by Viper * ,

    Hi all I'm looking to make my first application to Avon & Somerset constabulary this year, but I'm not quite sure when would be the ideal time to apply. My problem is that I am tied to my employer until early December, so the earliest i could give notice would be about mid-November. I have noted my chosen force (or is it service now?!) take quite a while to go through the process! I appreciate I am jumping the gun slightly, but you have to be positive of a successful outcome right!?! I've also had a look through the various forums here this evening and I'm still unsure of the exact order the application process follows. Can anyone give me a definitive answer for …

    • 3 replies
    • 293 views
  13. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Are the rumours true that it has been scrapped??

    • 3 replies
    • 377 views
    mrstinchcombe
  14. guide
    Started by guide,

    How often a week do they have you out doing fitness? twice a week for three hours, three times a week for two hours each time etc?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. BigGary
    Started by BigGary * ,

    Do can deaf/hard of hearing could work as a member of the police as I'm just having a bit of interesting communication and how to work with other people..... This is just a interesting of note do deaf people ever work for the police or not and do the police academy accept the deaf disabled?

    • 6 replies
    • 462 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.