Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Has anyone else got an assessment centre at Ryton for this date with West Mercia?

    • 3 replies
    • 164 views
  2. nilsatis
    Started by nilsatis * ,

    Hi- how long on average does this take?

    • 4 replies
    • 481 views
  3. sam.redmond
    Started by sam.redmond * ,

    Hi, I'm hoping to apply for the south wales police force when then begin recruitment again at the end of the year, until then I plan to join the specials and to be doing that throughout the application process for the regulars. Two questions: I have to agree to 2 years service with the specials but I think it'll be cut short when I join the regs, is this frowned upon? Should I apply to another force in the mean time with the hope that I can transfer to south wales as soon as possible?

    • 2 replies
    • 407 views
  4. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi guys, Just a quick question for everyone who has applied to GMP recently. I sent my application form away last week and was wondering how long I should expect to wait to hear back from there? How long has everyone else had to wait to hear back? Cheers!

    • 4 replies
    • 538 views
  5. SEED
    Started by SEED,

    HI! ive just recieved my assessment date for pcso post and am a little concerned with the verbal reasoning test, could any one give just one example of the verbal reasoning test just so i can get an idea of what the test comprises of, !!!!!!! thankyou in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 245 views
  6. lisacobb
    Started by lisacobb * ,

    Hello guys, Just wondering if anyone can shed a bit of light on the background checks please. My real Dad (who i've not seen for 24years) has a conviction on his record, he went to prison nearly 40 years ago for a year for a warehouse robbery and even though i have nothing to do with him i'm worried that this will effect my application. Does anyone know if it will. Any info will be great. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 535 views
  7. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    My AC is on March 21st, just thought I'd ask if anyone else has heard??? How are you preparing too??

    • 1 reply
    • 135 views
  8. Lynz1546620113
    Started by Lynz1546620113,

    Hi there Would anyone who has completed the fitness at Jackton for Strathclyde police please let me know how the bleep was and roughly how long you have to run for? I have never done a bleep test before so any info would be appreciated!I have my fitness test on Thursday :? Thanks Lynz

    • 13 replies
    • 438 views
    ann11546620050
  9. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi, I've visited the site over the past of days and come across the most stupid topics. I just wondered if anyone could answer, why would people do that???? Why put Spam on? I don't understand the logic. Thanks Rachael

    • 2 replies
    • 393 views
  10. teambwr47
    Started by teambwr47,

    Hello to you all i'm after a bit of feedback from people who may have resigned from the police service and then rejoined to find out if it was a difficult process, how you were dealt with etc etc..... I joined a welsh force in 1989 and served until 2004 when i resigned. My reasons for resigning were... I wanted to give something else a go. We had young kids and my wife worked away a lot so one of had to take care of them. I had a few health problems that are now all sorted (i'd broken a few things in my sport) In hindsight i should have taken a career break but hey ho thats in the past now. When i left the job i was a grade 1 driver fully trained traffic…

    • 0 replies
    • 265 views
  11. netto
    Started by netto,

    Howdy... Quick question from Netto, what if you pass your assessment, but wish to cancel your application...: 1.Would your AC scores be kept on file, if so how long? 2.Would you be able to reapply and without having to recomplete the application form and resit the AC? If so, up to what length of time before you have to go through it all again!? 3.If you did reapply later, would any force balck mark you for cancelleing a previous application...!? (paranoid now)... Ta, Netto ... :)

    • 5 replies
    • 373 views
  12. ridz
    Started by ridz,

    Can anyone help me with a few questions? I am in the army and i have got 9 months left till i leave i have started my application and has to be done for the 30th of April, does it matter that i have 9 months left? i have also had an operation on my right knee but it's fine now,will that slow down or prevent me getting into the police?

    • 0 replies
    • 912 views
  13. devonkiwi
    Started by devonkiwi,

    Managed to complete the double today, as our force in changing over to Captor spray (PAVA) a couple of months after we go operational, meaning we'll still have to start our service with CS. Was decided that we'd recieve both types of training, so this morning we did CS, and got sprayed just before lunch. Then we came back in the afternoon, did the Captor update, and were offered the opportunity to dab some of the hot stuff in our own eyes. Word of caution if you get to experience the Captor, it dosen't hit you straight away, so don't give yourself a second dose until you've given it a bit more time. Two completely different sensations, both pretty effective!

    • 27 replies
    • 3.1k views
  14. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi everyone, Does anyone have any examples for the role plays? I already have had a look at the Murray exercise, however i cannot find any other practice scenarios. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 369 views
  15. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    i kow ive got at least 2 or 3 years yet but i ahve a low BMI...16.10..i spot a bit of bother with joining if i dont get it higher...lol.

    • 21 replies
    • 845 views
    enigma1546620123

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.