Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I had my a/c today it all went fine!!! I WILL POST MY RESULT IN 14-21 DAYS. so here i am after being so nervous last night lool. I done really good in numeracy and verbal reasoning test, also did okay in 1 of the written test but messed the first one up, i think i flopped roleplay as i just couldnt keep the roleplay actor buzy but i did okay covering it up and bringing questions like you got any 'special needs' lol felt funny askinh dat question but dats life lol, competencies interview i done really well i think but i finished each question in like 3/4 mins so i had to sit for 5 mins drinking water and looking at the lady doing my report lool, so that was my day i hop…

    • 79 replies
    • 2.5k views
    mac11546620090
  2. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    How long do poeple normally have to wait to get their results from the A/C? I did my A/C 3 weeks today (4th October) and I still have nothing through the post! Its getting a bit boring now!

    • 32 replies
    • 1.2k views
    fluffy1546620127
  3. Phil87
    Started by Phil87 * ,

    Hi everyone I've always seen very useful information on here about applying/becoming a polce officer. However I've got a question about becoming part of the police staff. At present I really want to become part of the police as a police officer. After researching quite a bit about it I feel as though I should gain more life experience before applying (I'm currently 20). I've spotted a job with my local force, as stated in the title, computer crime techinician. I'm still not sure I want to apply but I was wondering if you could answer a few questions: If I was to go for this place and get it: - Would I gain good life experience from this job? Keeping me in good stead …

    • 1 reply
    • 287 views
  4. LeeBut
    Started by LeeBut,

    Hello Everyone I have my assessment centre for west mids in a weeks time, I have been looking at my interview examples and am a little worried about hitting the positive indicators. I am looking for some advice on spoken statements that will demonstrate the 4 core competencies for the interview these being teamwork, resilience, personal responsibility, and respect for race and diversity. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. Falcon1546080809
    Started by Falcon1546080809,

    My hand writing is ok, i write i neat capitals which has never done me wrong in the past... Apart from from I's... in a word my I's are small where as the rest of them are capitals which is what i did for my application. do you think that because i passed the application forom i will be ok in the written exam? (Which is tomorrow) :? Or am i really worrying to much? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 316 views
    Kopite1546619987
  6. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    Hi, I'm new to these boards and I'm seeking some advice. I do apologise in advance if m queries have been raised recently by another user, or indeed if I have raised them on the wrong board. I have always been interested in a career in the police service, ideally as a uniformed officer. Upon leaving school 10 years ago, I was advised to get some "life experience" and promptly chose to server an apprenticeship in ICT support. After studying six years at college and university, I gained my necisary qualifications and began working in my current career as a support engineer at a local college. I also got involved in starting my own family and what not and now live with …

    • 4 replies
    • 514 views
  7. Santini
    Started by Santini,

    Simple question, do you fil if you go say 10 words or so over the limit or is it there as a guide? I couldn't find the answer to this in the help bit Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 362 views
  8. bradders71
    Started by bradders71,

    Hi Everyone Had my Assessment yesterday with Essex. Got one question and would welcome feedback. All went well, remarkably well infact. However, my interview was a complete nightmare. I didn't get half the points across that I wanted to and had loads of time left over. My question is this... IF you do pretty well in the rest of the A/C but do remarkably rubbish in the actual interview is there still a chance you can succeed ? Please be honest. If I do fail then I will just look at the whole experience positively and work on my short comings for when I next apply.

    • 7 replies
    • 404 views
  9. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    i know you get copies of the westshire pack when you get to the a/c and you get given the outline of the activity to explain what the written exercise is about but can you take all this information in with you? got my a/c on fri!!! 1 day to go so quick replies please. thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 743 views
    Lucy1545925562
  10. STE C
    Started by STE C,

    Exactly as the topic says :) Just wondering how old people who are applying to join up are

    • 75 replies
    • 3k views
  11. rosie1545925491
    Started by rosie1545925491,

    Hi there, I know that this topic has been covered before but i just want to clarify a few things. As i understand it, you need to achieve 44% in written communication. Is it true that if you have four spelling mistakes combined or on each individual peper you get a d? I am aware that it is just not spelling that make up the grades it is also grammer, layout of document and VLRT. Is it so that if you get more than four spelling mistakes yo get a d or if you have done that badly with your spelliung can you make the grade up again by doing very well on the grammer, layout and VLRT side. Please help as im going out of my mind worring about it as i had my a/c last thursd…

    • 2 replies
    • 338 views
    rosie1545925491
  12. mrash
    Started by mrash,

    i posted off my application form some 4 weeks ago and heard nothing, i have applied for GMP... how long should i wait before giving them a call?

  13. ami
    Started by ami,

    had my assessment centre today...not really very pleased with myself.Dont think i did anything overtly wrong,but at the same time didn't think i did anything particularly well either. Worried about my written tests really. Anyone go for the staffs ac today?

    • 12 replies
    • 387 views
  14. cjcmacleod
    Started by cjcmacleod,

    Hi All!!! Can I just say thank you to the people that have posted some great stuff on this site. Some of it has been very helpful!!! Every night I have looked on here there has been something different. Whether it be breathing techniques, structure or 'chavy text messages' (you know who you are with 4 pages of posts!!! LOL) I have had my assessment centre recently and its the longest wait EVER, but only a week to go now! :shock: Its a good confidence thing to know I am not the only person in Britain who is feeling as nervous as I am right now... :-) All the best for everyone waiting for their results and let me know how you have all got on...

    • 11 replies
    • 557 views
  15. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi Yes you should crack on as i really stuggled to think of situations where i have experience what they are looking for. Good luck

    • 3 replies
    • 382 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.