Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ami
    Started by ami,

    In my paper sift i was asked about teamworking,diversity and resilliance...I got marked an A and i am pretty happy with the examples I gave. Problem is that after reading my answers again they dont hit all of the positive indicators detailed in my preperation pack for assessment centre.Does this matter? Also, although my answers are for particular competencies...i have noticed that they could also fit into the other competencies, example,the answer that I gave for customer focus would be better used as my answer for personal responsibility...but then what if they ask me both? I think im starting to get nervous as my ac is on Tuesday...im worrying that i'll start reeli…

    • 3 replies
    • 292 views
  2. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    HI I have just applied again at last. Just to let everybody know GMP are advising that it may take a few weeks for application packs to arrive and then you only have 2 weeks to complete the form and retrun it. Good luck to everybody applying regardless of what force

    • 1 reply
    • 373 views
  3. veganwarrior
    Started by veganwarrior,

    Hi all I have a heart pacemaker, had it for years and i was just wondering if that gadget would stop me from joing the police? It gives me no problems and the heart condition it is helping is undercontrol because of it. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 398 views
  4. johnkynaston
    Started by johnkynaston,

    Any last minute tips or things to remember before i go to the centre, ?? good luck to anyone else doing their a/c in the coming weeks , all the best, john

    • 6 replies
    • 199 views
  5. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    if you are a west mids officer CAN YOU PLEASE FIND THIS FREAK!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbWsQaLqhs just been watching some of his vids online and while i normally P**S myself laughing i would also like to kill him :twisted:

    • 1 reply
    • 419 views
  6. bradders71
    Started by bradders71,

    Hi Anyone here going to the pre assessment course on the 5th March followed by the Assesment on the 20th ? Cheers Brad

    • 5 replies
    • 233 views
  7. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    You can download an application pack tomorrow Thursday 1st March 2007 from their website.

    • 7 replies
    • 684 views
  8. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hi, Though i now know people cant give actual A/C answers i was hoping that someone might have an example of the sort of issue question that could be asked on the written test.I feel i have the event scenario covered but could do with a little insight on issue problem. many thanks pat173

    • 5 replies
    • 327 views
  9. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Im currently awaiting a start date for cambs and the only thing in my way are the vetting checks they do before you start, i've racked my brains and i cant think of anything which would cause an issue; never been arrested, no points on licence, full British Citizen..... what are the usual/common reasons people would fail??

    • 23 replies
    • 3.2k views
  10. Google1546620105
    Started by Google1546620105,

    I didnt want to hijack juliaellen thread so Im making a new one If you had read juliaellen thread you will be aware that we applied in the same month however she is already though to the medical and fitness while I havnt heard a thing, even to say they have received my application. Now recruitment did tell me that those that applied at the beginning of august have been put through and those that sent their application on on the last week (like me) have been stopped because of the sudden, vast quantity of applications that came through, as well as being very short staffed. White lies or the truth? I have rung them up every month since I handed the application in and th…

    • 37 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Just got a call from MET and they have REJECTED my application for SPECIAL CONSTABLE as i have a DRIVING OFFENCE. I Tried explaining to them how i got through Essex Police and they had no problem with my offence as it was not under the Act 1974 but MET is always looking for something so they can REJECT US. Not happy at all and when i asked for his name he shutted the phone on my face. SERIOUSLY IF ANY MEMBER OF MET IS READING THIS THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION!!!

    • 77 replies
    • 3.9k views
  12. Calsanders
    Started by Calsanders,

    Hi, I have just received my results from WMP assessment and for the second time scored 59%. Obviously I am gutted I failed but wondered if anyone else has come so close. I did everything differently on both days but still cannot get above 59%.

    • 4 replies
    • 370 views
  13. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    of ID do you need to bring on the day for a/c?

    • 1 reply
    • 162 views
  14. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hi, I would just like to thank everyone who gave me advice on the written tests many thanks. On the interview at the A/C are you just asked about RRD,PR,TW,R and EC or do you need to know about the force and other issues. Also does anyone know why some forces just have an A/C and others have final interview as well.

    • 1 reply
    • 213 views
  15. duckiciao
    Started by duckiciao,

    I want to join the police, and as I am only 17 I doubt I will have enough life experience by the time i am 18 to join up, so i was thinking about doing a spell in the army, specifacally (sp?) the RMP. Would this increase my chances of joining, as through the Defence Police College, NVQs in policing can be obtained (upto lvl 4 i think). Would having been a redcap give me any advantages or would it even work against me? Thanks in advance, ducki

    • 2 replies
    • 633 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.