Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Performance_Pursuit
    Started by Performance_Pursuit,

    Wr have been told in training that it is worth while getting hold of a "Points to prove" does anyone know where i can get my hands on on of these ? Thanks PP

    • 2 replies
    • 649 views
    Kopite1546619987
  2. roshbosh
    Started by roshbosh * ,

    am waiting on background checks being done on the family soon. my brother has got himself into a bit of bother with the police over the years, just wondered in that would have a big impact on my application? help x

    • 2 replies
    • 618 views
  3. jonoaten
    Started by jonoaten,

    I have my dynamic assessment with the padded man tomorrow. Anyone got any tips, pleeeaaasssee!!! I am a bit worried about it!

    • 55 replies
    • 3.1k views
    Performance_Pursuit
  4. PC Surname
    Started by PC Surname,

    Hello all, I'm having LASEK eye surgery in a couple of weeks with Optimax. I've check with recruitment and it won't effect my application etc. etc. LASEK treatment doesnt involve cutting the eye and therefore is recommended for police, armed forces, sports people etc. as there isnt a great risk in the event of impact to the head (so im told). I'd really like to hear from anyone that has had laser surgery and get their reactions to it. I've searched the forums and there are a few posts on the subject but a lot are a bit old now. So what does anyone who's had the treatment think of it? good or bad. Without sounding too much of wuss, did it hurt? I've also heard your ni…

    • 58 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Gemma2000
    Started by Gemma2000,

    Hi - got home last night to find a letter with my fitness test date of the 21st March - i am so nervous - i was training hard down the gym up till Xmas and then the force i was applying for said that they would not be taking people on for 6 months + so i stopped training now i have under two weeks to get fit and find some muscles. I am going to do body pump classes and do as much running as i can but at present i have two jobs and very little time to train. Any tips would be much appreicated. Good luck to everyone

    • 4 replies
    • 284 views
  6. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Hey all, did my first fitness test last year, got about 9.6 on the bleep test, im a big guy, so endurance running isn't my specialty, got another one next week (fingers crossed start date within 3 months of this one) just wondered if people had any stories of doing the bleep test, any examples of extreme results?? My best so far is just over 10, which i'm pleased with :)

    • 55 replies
    • 2.6k views
    znra2511546080955
  7. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    i have passed the paper sift and got my date for a/c with essex police on the 23rd march!!!! one problem, my spelling is not the best! how well do you have to spell? i mean i know the words i need to avoid so wont try anything too major as all my life i have had to re-word things as to cater for my poor speeling. please help or let me know if your also applying/work with essex.

    • 9 replies
    • 383 views
  8. lucyo
    Started by lucyo,

    I went to Sully yesterday to have a practice go on the push/pull, as I'm waiting for a date for the fitness test. I failed. I am 5ft3, and slim. I know I don't have much upper body strength but have been going to the gym for months and using the weights etc. Is there anything I can do? The guy said to push my maximum on the weights, drop it 20%, and do 3 sets of 6-8 reps. Anything else that will help?

    • 7 replies
    • 545 views
    enigma1546620123
  9. ami
    Started by ami,

    I have been a special constable for nearly 18months and i have got my assessment centre on the 20th of March. I have done a lot of preparation, and have been timing myself on the numerical reasoning practice tests...problem is i never get to the end! How did you all get on?..did you have enough time to finish all 25questions? Any other advice guys?

    • 4 replies
    • 456 views
  10. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Hey all Just wanted to know if you have sent you application recorded delivery? Also did you send back the Candidate registration form? Thanks Jac

    • 8 replies
    • 674 views
  11. LSC
    Started by LSC,

    Just wanted to shout it out, as im that excited. Just got told I have passed my Pre-Induction traing course. Its now a matter of finalising the security checks and fingers crossed with a provisional start date of August the 6th.

    • 1 reply
    • 371 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  12. Gforceuk
    Started by Gforceuk,

    Anyone travels to get to their force area ? I think the wait for btp is ridiculous , so i'm thinking of transferring my application . Whats the furthest anyone travels to and from home ..

    • 8 replies
    • 778 views
  13. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    any one else going on this day? what do you think the dress code is/ im thinking cas/smart. also iv got the old butterfly knocking around already... any one else?

    • 5 replies
    • 192 views
  14. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    Is it to soon to start bricking it now!

    • 3 replies
    • 572 views
  15. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Has anyone who applied to West Mercia heard if they have passed the papershift? My deadline was 08/02/07 have had letter to say they have my application. Thanks

    • 28 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.