Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scribbledogg
    Started by scribbledogg,

    I posted this worry on another thread. We sent our app in 8th Feb, and it seems at least one person on the forum has had a good result today. However, I went into my local tonight and there is a regular their who has applied the same time as us. They got the phone call last week!!! Is no news good news? If we had failed the papersift would we have heard by now? Help me stop going mad!!!!!! :shock:

    • 22 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. scribbledogg
    Started by scribbledogg,

    As the title says, my hubby got through papersift for West Mercia I didnt. Really gutted, but happy for him.

    • 12 replies
    • 820 views
  3. duckiciao
    Started by duckiciao,

    Hi all, My dad is wanting to join the Humberside PCSO force, but doesnt have the internet. On the Humberside web site, it says 'send your details by email'. Two questions: 1: Can i send an email on behalf of my dad for application, and 2: By 'send details', do they mean send contact details or full CV etc? Any help much appreciated, regards, ducki

    • 2 replies
    • 347 views
  4. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    Hi just had my AC all ok I think apart from one roleplay.The actor made a comment that was stereotypical ,but not racist and very subtle,and I didnt challenge it.I had already explained the EQ policy on another issue in this scenario but I'm now worrying I will have got a D for missin this comment.Anyone had this happen or any advice?

    • 3 replies
    • 261 views
  5. cozelm
    Started by cozelm,

    Hi there my name is Corrin and I am not quite an officer yet in fact I only sent the application form off today and having read a few of the posts on this forum I just wanted to know what things are really like?!! I am a nurse in an intensive care unit so this is a big career change, although i am no stranger to dealing with the public, mountains of paperwork, equality and diversity and being non judgemental, I cant help but feel nervous, I want this more than anything i have ever wanted. I have applied for west mercia constabulary and was wondering just how difficult the role play and interviews are. Do I just be myself and deal with the situations in the way i nor…

    • 69 replies
    • 4.3k views
  6. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    hi im in the recruitment process with South Yorks at the mo recently passed paper sift and waitin on assessment poss march 07 so im told .Is any one on here hopin to join or have just joined the same force?

    • 12 replies
    • 772 views
  7. 1ManRiot
    Started by 1ManRiot,

    How much of an effect is this likely to have on an application? I am applying for GMP next week for the second time, just curious to know how my chances fair. I don't have any CCJ's but I have a mixed history of keeping one of my banks happy and the other has a lot of late payments or going over an agreed overdraft limit. Cheers for any help.

    • 3 replies
    • 561 views
  8. @ndy.P
    Started by @ndy.P,

    Hi all, I have just a quick question regarding the 6 month wait... I originally applied to Derbyshire back in April 2006, had my assessment on exactly 31st October and unfortunately failed by 1%, gutted! With my six month wait nearly over I have been looking to see which forces are recruiting and I am really interested in dropping my application in to Warwickshire, however, they are only opening their recruitment between 23rd - 27th April which is 3 days short of being exactly 6 months since my assessment. Basically my question is: do you think recruiters are that stringent over the 6 month rule? Is it worth me risking everything by applying literally 3 days before my …

    • 8 replies
    • 642 views
  9. Durhamlad
    Started by Durhamlad,

    All found on Amazon: How to Pass the New Police Selection System Police Initial Recruitment Test (Mock Test With Preparation): Mock Test with Preparation How to Pass the New Police Selection System: Practise for the Psychometric Tests and Succeed at the Assessment Centres (How to Pass): Practise for the ... Tests and Succeed at the Assessment Centres (Paperback) Succeed at Psychometric Testing: Practice Tests for National Police Selection Process (Succeed at Psychometric Test) How to Pass the Police Initial Recruitment Test Police Recruit Selection Process I am going to get one, any ideas which or advice which would be the best

    • 3 replies
    • 405 views
  10. Lewy
    Started by Lewy,

    Hello all, i wonder if anybody could help me out with some information/advice. I'm currently a serving Sgt in the army and looking to join the police force when i leave in 2011. This may seem a long way off but i thought i'd start looking now, as failing to prepare is preparing to fail, as they say. Well my question is what should i be doing now to make the best of the time i have left in the army to prepare myself for a job as a police officer? Also how soon can you take the PIRT before leaving the army? Sorry if this has been asked before but i would welcome any constructive replies. Many thanks

  11. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    What is the PASS MARK FOR PCSO in the A/C? Is it the same as Police Officers? or is it different, i am aware that there are only half the tests and excercises then of a POLICE OFFICER. Cheers.

    • 3 replies
    • 468 views
  12. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    For one of the paper application competancies the answer I intend to write notes a situation where racist language was used. Can I write what was said word for word (i.e. including racist remarks) or will that be frowned upon? Is it better to write "racist terms were used" rather than going into explicit detail? Thanks

    • 17 replies
    • 888 views
  13. JamesSargison
    Started by JamesSargison,

    Hi guys. I've got a question and wonder if anyone could shed some light on things. I've applied to join the Police and I'm waiting to see if I get through. If things go well and I pass each stage, how long could it be between getting accepted and actually starting? The situation is - I've got the opportunity to go travelling. It's something I've wanted to do for a very long time and I wouldn't want to miss out, as once I'm in the Police, I wont be able to just quit and join again in the future - something I can do with my current job (web designer). But then if I get accepted, I don't want to turn it down as it could take years to pass everything again. The constabulary…

    • 9 replies
    • 561 views
  14. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    I have recently found out I have passed Lancashire paper sift and my AC is on March 21st, FINALLY!! A number of serving constables have recommended the INTOBLUE course and they told me they have failed previous applications prior to doing the course. I have been on their website and it is now called Talkingblues, there is an special offer on at the moment for £99 for bookings before the end of April. Can anyone give their views about this course and is it worth the money??? Also will I benefit from it? I have started to plan for my A/C but having never getting this far before (excuse the grammer) will it help to attend?? As many opinions appreciated :-)

    • 9 replies
    • 664 views
  15. spurs_pc

    got told today at the a/c briefing that if we pass then our start dates will run from may!!!!! does this make any one else more nervous?

    • 3 replies
    • 197 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.