Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. hurmund
    Started by hurmund,

    I am a 36 year old male who has never been very good at running. I do however play squash a couple of time a week. If I go road running, my shins hurt after five minutes, so I am understandably quite concerned about the bleep test. I think I'll buy some proper running shoes in case the extra cushioining helps my shins. Can someone tell me how difficult it is? 35 shuttle runs seems quite a bit. Do many people fail? My fitness test is just four weeks away on 19th June.

  2. Gizmo!
    Started by Gizmo!,

    Hello, My nerves are playing up, sometimes I'm happy and positive then I get all worried. Any tips from anyone who's recently done the a/c? I have been preparing myself big time, but in one of my practice role-plays I kind of forgot to meet the RRD!!! It totally slipped my mind... how dumb?! Just found out from West Mids, that they've got approx 200 files of people who have passed the a/c and haven't even made a start on the next stage yet! (they've got a back log). So they won't be taking on 300 officers at the end of this year. May be a 100 or so... Gizmo

  3. holty1546620143
    Started by holty1546620143,

    Hi, has anyone heard from the BTP yet, i have been waiting for 16 months for a a/c date, is anyone in the same boat ?

    • 2 replies
    • 308 views
  4. latinokid33
    Started by latinokid33,

    I have a bit of a problem on my hands at the moment. I have been to the final interview today for the GMP. And I have been defered for six months to come back again for the same interview. I passed the A/C, passed my physical but on the last hurdle I have stumbled and all because of how I answered two questions, which to be fair is my fault and they know what they want to hear. (Toothache and medication did not help for concentration levels) Anyway after having searched this website I am unclear whether I am able to transfer my application to a different force who may not have the final interview I.e Liverpool. Is this possible and are there any ot…

  5. Paulsmith1546620133
    Started by Paulsmith1546620133,

    Hi i applied to lancashire constabulary but have still not heard anything back yet. Anyone else still in the same situation?

  6. micdea
    Started by micdea,

    OK.... now i am confused... everyone on here seems to have had a medical then a physical. I had a physical 2 weeks ago and am now waiting for a medical.... is that normal???

    • 1 reply
    • 301 views
    The Backwards Man
  7. scott89
    Started by scott89,

    Hi I've passed all parts of the application process to join the BTP as a PCSO and I should of started training at the end of this month but now I've been told that I won't start til January at the earliest but I do definately have the job. Can the BTP turn me away at any point or are they not allowed to do that as I have successfully completed the process and am just waiting to start training? Is there any serving PCSO that has experienced this that could give me a bit of reassurance? cheers Scott

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views
  8. latinokid33
    Started by latinokid33,

    Is anyone in the know of the whole range of questions that are likely to come up in the final interview with the panel? It would be much easier to be able to anticipate and have ready in your mind possible answers. I take it they pick randomly from their list and ask you easier or harder questions depending on your response.

  9. latinokid33
    Started by latinokid33,

    Is anyone in the know of the whole range of questions that are likely to come up in the final interview with the panel? It would be much easier to be able to anticipate and have ready in your mind possible answers. I take it they pick randomly from their list and ask you easier or harder questions depending on your response.

  10. Paul_Cal
    Started by Paul_Cal,

    I have now passed everything to join GMP, just waiting for my security and references! I was given a provisional date of the 15th October, I was wondering if there is anybody else on here waiting for this intake? Also if anybody has heard anythig back from recruitment since passing their medical? Thanks Paul

  11. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Just wondering, I know the police wont accept anyone who is willingly neglecting a debt. But what if you HAVE willingly neglected debt in the past (young and naive) and ended up with defaults, but since then you have paid the people back and no longer owe anyone money....however you still have defaults on your credit history? Whats the likelyhood of being accepted? Has anyone here/anyone you know been accepted with defaults?

    • 3 replies
    • 558 views
  12. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Just posted another thread saying that I'm joining either South Wales or Gwent police, and I have heard that for the initial 3 months or so, with some forces you have to actually live in a police college. I know this must be force specific, but does anyone know if this is true or not with the above forces? Thanks, Sam.

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
    andy178981546620138
  13. ten bob
    Started by ten bob,

    Today I found out I'd failed my AC for WYP. I'd like to weigh up my options, and so need some advice from anyone in the know. I've yet to recieve any feedback, so I am unaware of my overall percentage scored and individual results. Firstly, as far as I know, I should be able to apply to WYP to the Specials, and not have to wait 6 months because my previous application was for the regs. Correct me if I'm wrong, because this is what I plan to do. Also, does the 6 month regs waiting period apply to all forces? For instance, would it be possible to apply to GMP (for the regulars) within this 6 month period? My instinct says no, but I'd still like some clarification on this …

    • 3 replies
    • 475 views
    andy178981546620138
  14. kalliso
    Started by kalliso,

    Finally!! I have a start date of November 12th. It has only taken 15 months to actually get a job. I suppose I shouldn't complain though, I did make it without having to retake anything, I don't think I would have bothered if I'd have had to wait any longer (not getting any younger you know). For all those people who are still waiting to hear anything, you can expect this length of time to pass before you do, but don't lose heart, it will all be worth it in the end, I hope!!

  15. girlee
    Started by girlee,

    Im chomping at the bit, still waiting for results, anyone else stressing?

    • 7 replies
    • 510 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.