Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. snafu78
    Started by snafu78,

    Hello to you all I have just reciceved my welcome and training pack for Hampshire Still waiting for my start date but hope to know that next week Anyone else out there starting in Hampshire soon Would be great to chat to you all and make friends and share stories before we/I arrive there. Speak to you all soon and anyone either serving or doing training in Hampshire any advice would be grateful snafu

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Hey, so got the letter through today with the date of an induction night for cambridgeshire police.... 17th Oct with the training team, discussing the future of my new carrer as they put it.... just wondered what to expect? HR should be sending over the contract next week as well as hopefully, which station ill be allocated to..... Im guessing a smart suit is the best attire to wear to this induction?? Cheers in advance

    daerve1546081006
  3. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Hi All I have a question with regards to the beep test. I have downloaded a beep test to practise to but it is a beep test for 20M and I am under the impression the police ask you to run a 15m test. So im confused.....do the police have a whole other beep test that I cant seem to find to download or do they ask you to run 15M to the timing of a 20M beep test? (Is any of this making sense LOL) I intend to practise using the 20M test AND running the full 20M as im guessing the police beep test beeps are shorter in time to make up for this 5m diff. But it would just be handy to know....to be forwarned is to be forearmed or something or other LOL. Thankyou for your help

    • 3 replies
    • 680 views
  4. halloweenjack
    Started by halloweenjack,

    I called gwent police last week in regards to their latest recruitment drive. I was told my application pack would be sent out shortly. This morning i got a letter informing me that my application would not be processed, although no reason was given for this. I just called the recruitment line and they informed that it must have been something i told them during the telephone conversation. They dug out my application form and immediately pointed to a road offence i had when i was 19 (i'm 30 now). I made a stupid mistake and got caught driving without a licence and driving without due care and attention (i got 6 points and a £250 fine). I asked them if this was define…

    • 6 replies
    • 505 views
  5. ianj460
    Started by ianj460,

    Hi.The closing date for the Northumbria Police application forms was the 8th July.I was just wondering if anyone knew how long you had to wait to gear if you were successful or not? Thanks Ian

  6. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Just got back from holiday, and had a letter waiting at home telling me I had passed the a/c. I am so happy!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their results!

  7. Rookie1546620154
    Started by Rookie1546620154 * ,

    hello ive just joined the forum and im from hampshire. i need some advice! basically im in two minds about joining the police, i have my application form and registration form ready to fill out. there are a few issues im worried about! first i have tattoos but they are not offensive, i have one on each upper arm and one on my lower back, my eyesight is slightly short and i wear glasses for driving. also my fitness level is zero lol and i get worn out just walking up the stairs lol. Another thing is that i work in a nursing home and i have been "set up" at work. As an NVQ3 i am considered above the carers that are not well to cut a long story short one carer took a disli…

    • 3 replies
    • 524 views
  8. rabbitni
    Started by rabbitni * ,

    Hi, I`m going to the PSNI assessment centre in a few days and having failed the last time I would appreciate some advice to on a few things I`m not sure about. Firstly, I seemed to miss my RRD cue last time and was therefore unable to demonstrate that compentcy to the required level. Having trawled these forum at great length I am now much more aware that terms such as "hoodies" and the like could be my chance to do so and I was wondering just how exactly I might challenge that? "I`m sorry sir, but you aren`t allowed to use that word as some people might be offended by it?" Should I repeat the offending word no matter how bad and has anyone got a good response that does n…

    • 2 replies
    • 497 views
  9. Pete14
    Started by Pete14,

    I made the mistake of sitting in the waiting room for 40 minutes to look sharp and my nerves built up. By the time I was half way through the interview my mind was blank. The Lady said I can try again in 1 year. Question is, is that 1 year from todays interview or from Febuary when I applied?

    Tonymac1546620127
  10. clanky2008
    Started by clanky2008,

    I'm desperate to find out how to join the police force in Canada. Can anyone help? Must I train in the UK first? Thanks, Clive.

    Graham1545925480
  11. sarah_173
    Started by sarah_173,

    No point to this post other than to celebrate that I received my results of my competency based Q's yesterday and I have passed. Just waiting for my assessment centre date now. Also want to say to anyone who is filling out their appliction that there is alot of really helpful posts on here from others that really helped me when I was completing the Q's. Black Rat especially has posted some really great topics. Saz <edited for spelling as I have woken up now and read my tired but very excited post!! he he>

    • 3 replies
    • 602 views
    halo1546619945
  12. tarquin131546620110
    Started by tarquin131546620110,

    I was wondering if its best to inform the recruitment department if a family member has a criminal record. I did not know when first I applied. In my case I have been estranged from my brother for over 10 years, I have recently passed the assessment centre and decided to find out about my brother who obviously is down on the origanl paper application. He has a drink drive conviction, has recently come of it and got his licence back ,and I have found out he has been done again, plus no insurance and leaving the scene of a accident. I do not think he will get a custodel sentence, but you never know. My question is , should I inform the recruitment dept , as they will …

    Dogs of Blackpool
  13. lee 1
    Started by lee 1,

    does anyone ever fail the second fitness test you have to do again once you start the phase one training ? and how helpfull are the trainers ? lee 12007-10-01 13:28:53

  14. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hi, Does anyone know where the police medical stands on this condition? Would appreciate any info. Oh my hearing is excellent, no problems there. Thanks Hermia

  15. regfromthebill
    Started by regfromthebill,

    Hi, I had my assessment centre with GMP on 25 Sep, it was my second assessment centre with GMP, missed out by 4% last time. Hopefuly I will pass and won't need to transfer my application, however, If for instance I get a score of between 55 & 59 am I able to transfer my application to the MODP with their pass score being 55? Also if I am able to do this, what kind of timescales would I be looking at? Any idea's, answers on a postcard (well, just reply). Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 651 views
    andy178981546620138

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.