Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scott89
    Started by scott89,

    Just heard that i've passed my BTP PCSO interveiw and tests. i'm over the moon, can't believe it. got my medical in 2 weeks.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Does anybody know the maximum amount of sickness days that you can have,is it different for different forces,I'm thinking of applying for GMP or WMP,how many sickness days and how many occasions?Thanks. Rob

    • 7 replies
    • 781 views
  3. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I have my first day out of training school on Monday to do roleplays in public. Very excited and a little nervous (that'll change by Monday morning). What was your first time out in uniform like? I can't wait... roll on Monday!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. minims
    Started by minims,

    Just recieved a letter today from Herts Constab informing that I didnt pass the A/C which I was gutted about .....but due to the lack of prep was kinda expecting it. Still its the frst time I have been and will use the experience to help me next time.............my overal mark was 51%...R/D 67%....Oral 93%...Written..67% Shame really because If I had applied for bedfordshire which i believe has a pass rate of 50% then with those scores ....would have got in...gutter

  5. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    just curious really, but whereabouts is the assesment center for the lothian and borders police? just curious.

    • 5 replies
    • 762 views
  6. Lavender
    Started by Lavender,

    I have been reading the information sent by my chosen force about what will happen at Assessment Centre (four weeks tomorrow). I am comfortable with the fact that there will be a Maths test: but could anyone confirm to me whether we are allowed to have 'rough' paper to scribble on? I have always used scraps of paper to check maths, and will need to do extra practice beforehand if it all has to be in my head! Thanks in advance.

  7. dan417
    Started by dan417,

    Hi could any one give me any advice on the A/c and the role plays

    • 1 reply
    • 989 views
  8. mat77
    Started by mat77,

    Hi - I put in the security questionnaire in August but Recruitment still havent received it back - how long did anyone else have to wait? Im getting worried as its taking so long - they did say that they had received some back over a month ago but not mine. Let me know how long yours took please!! :smiley_strop:

    andy178981546620138
  9. chjones
    Started by chjones,

    Hi there, my partner would like to join the police and Devon and Cornwall are starting to recruit on monday 22nd October. Now, their drink driving conviction rules are that after 5 years of the conviction date you are eligable to apply. My partner was convicted of drink driving on 2/1/2003 which is 5 years ago this coming january 2008. so my question is that the closing date for the applications are 30th November which is like only 1 month until he is eligable to apply. do you think they would overlook that seeming as it's only 1 month? any info would be greatly recevied! Thanks Charlotte.

  10. Nerveno
    Started by Nerveno,

    Hey Guys, I'm currently applying for Hampshire Police and I'm a bit worried about the Competency assessments. I hope you can help me by telling me if these match what they may be looking for? Q1. Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone's behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. I have two things for this one, first being when someone was being insensitive about my pregnant girlfriends situation (as in was telling her and her friends that she hopes she ends up on benefits and is kicked out etc.) and I spoke to her about it. The second is when one of my best friends was at my house and her boyfriend drove up and …

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  11. STARKIE2005BLUE
    Started by STARKIE2005BLUE,

    I have been recently thinking about applying to the speacial constabulary, but I received a caution for common assault about 6 years ago. Trouble is, I am a bit worried that I may have two cautions for the offence, as I was arrested for assault against two people. How do I find out about my criminal record and if I have one or two cautions? and if I do have two cautions, even if over 5 years ago, would I still be eligiable for the speacials?

    • 4 replies
    • 559 views
  12. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    I had my assessment for Merseyside on 28th August and I failed by 2% how did other's do from this assessment? These are my results: Overall 58% Race and Diversity 67% Oral Communication 100% Written Communication 78% Got quite a few questions now. Some people on this forum say that you can apply to forces before the six months is up as long as your assessment is not whithin the six months is this true? Also How many people pass first time on average and did anyone fail it for a second time? I'm so scared of a) Not getting through the next paper sift b) Doing worse or the same next time How do others feel that failed? Lastly has anyone …

  13. halo1546619945
    Started by halo1546619945,

    Well two to be exact. Hi all i did try to post this at the time but the forum was *fu* well not working :whistle2: My son born at 05:10hrs on the 3/10/07 7lb 14.25oz (two days after my birthday) and passing my medical at 12:30pm on the same day and after only half an hours sleep. :smiley_strop: Both mother and baby doing very well indeed, I however am a wreck and have decided to take up insomnia as a hobby. Fitness test tomorrow 17/10 at 08:15 the nerves are kicking in now. :smiley_vomit: I will let you know how i get on. Liam

    • 12 replies
    • 860 views
  14. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    With regards to the fitness test, and more especially the push/pull part, is there any way of checking you can do it? None of the gyms in Chesterfield have a push/pull machine, and Derbyshire Constabulary only let you go down if you are in the application process. How can i check I meet the requirement?

    • 6 replies
    • 816 views
    rhumbathunder1546619922
  15. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    right folks, your all sop helpful , i know this wont be a problem for you. im applying for scottish police very soon, but obviously i wanna be prepared. right, im going to buy what i need fropm amazon, so basically, what should i buy? my main fear is mathematics, i've heard a few folk say things about websites, i'd rather have a book i can sit and study, so what can i buy that will cover the mathematical areas in the exam on amazon? and what can i buy to help with the exam in general, and links sent, and advice would be utterly appreciated folks! stephen.

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.