Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    as above, had my crb through, and security clearance, all references are back, but not heard anything yet, has anyone else with this start date heard anything? regards, andy

    • 1 reply
    • 561 views
    andy178981546620138
  2. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    once you have completed your 15 weeks training at college, or whereveryou do it, how long before you start doing real shifts, and are placed with the force you are to work with for good?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, I start my career with Northumbria on the 12th and can't wait but have a few questions. Is there any books etc... that I should get to help me through all the classroom work or will it all be provided? Got one from a serving tutor PC with definitions etc.. but wanted to try and get ahead if I can. Been told first 3 weeks will be given self defence sessions, how hard/enjoyable are they? Lastly, just how perfect do your boots have to be polished as spent an hour on them and look ok but on induction they mentioned them a few times. Cheers Jeff

    • 3 replies
    • 882 views
    della1546082783
  4. emma821546620147
    Started by emma821546620147,

    I know you are not allowed to say too much but I was wondering in the interview when I give my answers is ok to talk about things that I do everyday in my job for example teamwork or does it have to be specific example. Also am I suppose to talk about what my role in my job is?

    • 3 replies
    • 886 views
    emma821546620147
  5. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Hey guys, apologies for the negative title, but i've been checking some of the new and old posts on this site recently and i'm a little worried about what i see; with a start date of 12th Nov with cambs on the horizon (fingers crossed no further delays) i've been looking over what existing probationers have been saying and what responses they have been getting and alot of it seems to be negative. I understand people tend to post on this site if they do have a problem and a "gosh i love this job and want everyone to know" kind of post isn't exactly what i'd expect, but i guess im looking for some kinda validation that the last 2 years of waiting and doing dull office type …

    • 15 replies
    • 2.3k views
  6. Plant
    Started by Plant * ,

    Hi, I’ve been looking into joining the Police (having actually sent off an application for Greater Manchester Police this weekend) and I have a few general questions. Apologies if I seem impatient or as if I’m getting ahead of myself with some (or all) of these, but I’m trying to gather as much knowledge as possible as early as possible: 1.How long does the initial application processing typically take? I understand that the entire application process can take in excess of a year but, on average, how long can I expect to wait to hear back whether I’m onto the A/C stage? 2. How rigorous is the fitness test? I believe myself to be fairly fit, but I’m no athlete. Build-wis…

    • 7 replies
    • 758 views
  7. rostros
    Started by rostros,

    Apologies to administrators if this post should be in the ‘Front Office’ threads. I am going to register my GMP address tomorrow so if it requires moving please do so. My query is to anyone who is at a further stage in their SOLAP than myself. I am currently in my tutor phase and filling the PACs in which I think is going fine, thrown in a couple of assessment plans to go with it as well. I have now just discovered a couple of blue guide line sheets referring to witness testimonies and assessment reports. Now in the ‘4’ hours of SOLAP training we received they didn’t mention these. Does anyone have any information on what they are and are they required now i…

    • 9 replies
    • 4.5k views
  8. heather871546620155
    Started by heather871546620155,

    Has anyone had any problems with the background checks? I seem to have a slight problem. Every three weeks or so I receive a letter of the recruitment team asking for my father-in-laws current address. I write or email back stating that my father-in-law has deceased and is no longer with us. I also give them the year in which he died. However I get the same letter back asking for the same information. The last letter I got was on Monday and I actually went to the Headquarters and showed my father-in-laws death certificate. Just hope in three weeks I don't receive another letter. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

    • 3 replies
    • 626 views
    heather871546620155
  9. Morley
    Started by Morley,

    Hey All, Has anyone done the Talking Blues course in preparation for A/C? Im considering doing it before assessment and would like to hear a bit about it from others first. Morley

  10. micdea
    Started by micdea,

    I cant believe it.... Im in....... Got a letter last Friday. Start in January for WYP. WoooooHoooooo To all those out there still waiting... its worth the wait.... Just keep going at it. Right... I need beer. (if occi health are reading this i meant sparkling mineral water)

    • 9 replies
    • 702 views
    heather871546620155
  11. djnickwatt
    Started by djnickwatt,

    Well I waited 1.5 years for the applications to open and have now waited 5 months to not even pass the papersift! I am absolutely gutted. Everything I have done for nearly the past two years has been preparing myself for a career in the police and although it is not time wasted as I will be applying again I can't help feeling like it has been. Does anybody know what sort of feedback we should be getting regarding our applications? Having had my application read by a number of serving (and some high ranking) officers who all said it was of a very high standard I am very eager to learn were it has gone wrong for me to find my weaknesses and improve on them.

  12. mykymyk
    Started by mykymyk * ,

    Got the call from Lancs Police to let me know I've passed the papersift! Made my otherwise crappy day at work brilliant! Assessment Centre is on January 9th, I can't wait!

    • 3 replies
    • 613 views
  13. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Hi all, i passed my medical for West Mids last week and i have my fitness on 12th November...just wondering, if successful, if anyone had any insider info on possible start dates...is there a backlog at the moment??? Wil i have to wait for the March one??? Thanks everyone...

  14. FitzTinted
    Started by FitzTinted,

    Hey, has anyone who applied in the last round heard anything from Lancashire yet re: the papersift? How long do these things usually take? (8th October was the dealine, mine was submitted the 3rd. )

    • 2 replies
    • 649 views
  15. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi all i failed my police assessment day in july this year is anyone else experiencing what i am after failing, like i'm never gonna make it etc my mate has just got in, as i failed she passed and last night went with her to the induction which was great i learned alot but at the same time i so wanted to be her, anyway what are the chances of failing and then eventually getting in the police and let me tell you, these 6 months are long, waiting to re apply and hoping a force opens up but only two months left before i can apply again although i am itching to send my application to a force in the hope that by the time its papersifted it will be time for me to carry …

    • 3 replies
    • 997 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.