Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, In week 2 of my probation training and got knowledge checks very soon. Is there any sites/links to download some practice ones? Hard work but so far so good. Jeff

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. BD
    Started by BD,

    Hi, i'm new to these forums, and have only really just started to do my research into applying to the Police! I have recently moved to the Midlands, so am thinking of applying to them, but a few questions if anyone can help?!! - I don't want my employer to know I am applying, I have not been with them long and they won't be happy I dont think if they know about me applying, so I want to avoid that until I (hopefully!!) get through the stages of application- obviously if I dont get through they don't need to know. My question is- do they ask for references before the whole process, or just at the end? - Also, I am worried about my eyesight, I have looked into it on the w…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. kudzanai
    Started by kudzanai * ,

    What Do I Have To Do To Become a K9 Dog Handler? And Do I Have To Do Any Specific Qualifications at college or Sixth Form ????????????? Im Based In Sheffield by the way

    • 1 reply
    • 450 views
  4. darren_r1546620144
    Started by darren_r1546620144 * ,

    Hi, Does anybody by chance happen to have an electronic copy of the new PACS and Assessors' booklet thing that goes with it that they would be able to email me? Any help greatly appreciated! Please send me a PM or post here if you can and I'll pass on my email address. Thanks, Daz

  5. Anyone
    Started by Anyone,

    Some feel that the current fitness test for recruits applying to services within England and Wales are not tough enough, so what do you think it should consist of? Personally I'd like to see: A higher push/pull 40+ At least 6.5 on the bleep Some form of obstacle course Mind you, I am not a PTI so that's just my estimate. What do you think?

  6. JBates
    Started by JBates,

    Hey, Could someone please tell me if having points on your driving licence is detrimental to the application process? I have 3 points for a speeding offence and worry that it may mean I can't even apply. Thanks in advance, Jen

  7. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    Hi Is anyone waiting for a medical with WYP ??????????

    • 2 replies
    • 418 views
  8. charleslardy
    Started by charleslardy,

    Hiya everyone i am new here but have been reading the forums for awhile now. I am going to apply for the West Mercia police force. They say its a gd idea to speak to someone who is currently serving in your chosen force. If there is anyone out there who is willing i would just like some information on the force. I know thats not very specific but anything you could tell me would be very useful for myself. If you can tell me anything bout application and everything that runs up to starting probation. Anything realy. Im very interested to hear it from a PO mouth. So if you anyone can get back to me if would mean an awful lot. Many thanks Adam

    • 15 replies
    • 790 views
  9. JBates
    Started by JBates,

    Hi, I am just starting the process of applying to join the police force. I have some questions ( probably silly ones ) I am currently looking to join Warwickshire police force, at present they don't have any vacancies. Do I wait for positions to come up? Do I apply to a neighbouring force i.e west mids, then hope to transfer? What can I do in the mean time to make sure I have a good chance of getting through the initial stages... I have looked into in2police course modules, can anyone recommend this? Are there any other courses I can take? When would be the appropriate time to apply, after these courses or along the same time. Sorry for …

  10. Simon2007
    Started by Simon2007,

    Hi All, Failed the assesment centre in April by a small amount. I recieved a letter from Hampshire recalling me back for another assesment day and a fitness test. The letter said that I do meet all of the core comp's. I am waiting on further info but was wondering if anyone else had a similar letter? or has taken part in this second assesment? I'm abit unsure what to expcet, when I contacted recruitment they said it was a: - comp based interview- i presume it is similar to the standard final interview type interview asking why you want to become a police officer, what are your strenghts, weaknesses etc.. as opposed to the assesment centre type interview. - 5 minute P…

  11. Steve M1546620156
    Started by Steve M1546620156,

    I went to get measured up for my uniform today in preparation for my first day :) It was excellent. After waiting 18 months to get accepted I'm finally going to be a real policeman! After trying on my pants, boots, vest, hats and riot gear it finally started to sink in that I'm actually going to be a policeman and I started to feel like a real one! Then I finished the measurements, went to my car and saw two REAL policemen pull up and walk inside and it hit me that my uniform is one tiny insywincy bit of the job and all of a sudden I felt not at all like one Still, I've got my patrol boots sorted so I can feel a little like I'm a real one :) What about everyone else? Wh…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. Damo18
    Started by Damo18,

    Hi all, well im just about to turn 18 at the end of this month and am currently at college studying a-levels and sort of scraping through. Thing is ever since i was young ive wanted to join the police and it kinda runs in the family a bit but wondered even though you are technically allowed in the police at 18 / 18 1/2 do you think this is too young really??? I personally am desperate to fill in an application as soon as im 18 and send it off but am i less likely to get accepted because i'll only have GCSE's???? Just wondered what peoples thoughts and experiences are on this sort of thing and any help would be much apreciated Damo

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
    andy178981546620138
  13. yoshua
    Started by yoshua,

    Afternoon All, I am really quite stuck. I am in a good career and joining the police would mean me dropping in salary but I am ok with that. But at the same time I now live in North Yorkshire. I have heard that NYP are stalling with the recruitment at the moment and I received an email stating that there next intake will be no earlier than March 2008. I would happily apply for other regions like West Yorks. But they dont look like they will be recruiting for a while. If I apply to GMP can you select which region you want to join for example the Pennines would be closer for me. Could I select that region to police if I got in? Plenty of questions there but I would like…

    • 2 replies
    • 487 views
  14. annette
    Started by annette,

    When talking to my husband, i found out that when he was 15years old he was found to had sexual contact with a girl the same age as him. He was convicted of the crime + was sent to a detention centre. However, this was 30 years ago, and he has never been in trouble with the police since. I have declared this information on my application form, so i think that this will go against me. Please help!!!

  15. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hiya Everyone Passed my fitness test ..... now have a provisional date from Recruiting for my medical at Netley on the 6th November. Anyone else going that day? Oh Tim..... I did it.... level 6 on the bleep, 54 overall on push pull!!! Abbie --------------------------------- All stages passed - phew! medical 6/11/07 security checks & refs pending

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Dave Pace's Red Army

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.