Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I hope this is the right place to post this. I had a court fine for a scooter that was sold by an ex of mine that was still in my name and was never changed. i went to court and have paid the fine. so its all cleared up now. I don't have any criminal record as i've had a CRB check since then for my previous job. but i was wondering on the application one question asks 'have you had court action taken against you for any debt?' so i'm guessing i should apply this even though it is cleared now. and will it fail my application? thanks for any feedback i receive
-
- 1 reply
- 606 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i know my mum is in some debt. i dont live with her and have not for few years now but will it affect my application?
-
- 2 replies
- 562 views
- 1 follower
-
-
i have just failed vetting and have sent off an appeal covering everything I think it could be as well as anything else I could think of. Thought it was financial but just downloaded my credit report that shows all payments up to date/ no ccjs/ etc. Thought it could be related to living in Canada for 4 months. i worked out there and gave my employer's address. When they check and don't get a response or the employer has not kept records, can they bin your application? Just in case I have sent off my payslips and equivalent of P60 that I got whilst out there. Any thought on this?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well, its been a long process. I have passed all the tests ect... I have had my CRB come back, now i am just waiting for the vetting. Does any one know how long this will take? I was told a while ago that my start date would be 10th December. But that seems very close now and im not sure whats going on, i havent had anything back about uniform or information as when i went to the medical i was told the packs were under review. Can any one shed any light on anything to help ease my mind? Thanks Mark
-
Hello, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and I must say the people on here have been a great help in answering many of my questions regarding the Police. I am hoping that someone out there has the answers for me on this question, I am due to leave the RAF next year, having done 12 years with a preserved, but not immediate pension. I have heard many times from various sources that I am able to transfer my pension into the police one, and to keep building it up, but does anyone know if this is really the case? If anyone has had experience of doing this or just simply knows its not true (rumours are everywhere in the RAF!) - then you would be helping m…
-
- 7 replies
- 862 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anybody else had there drug test cancelled on the above date ???? i've been told to be rearranged in the future but thats open ended again , more waiting!!!!! i've also heard from a mate who tells me there not recruiting as many next year, anybody else heard this??
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all, As i start my police training in just under 3 weeks (27th of December) i am just wondering if there is any good books that i could buy that will help my learning and also aid me in my police career. thanks all Andy
-
Hi. I went for my AC on the 17th Nov and now only have 2 days to wait for my results! I'm so excited but really nervous! Is anyone else in the same boat?
-
Has any one over the last few yrs transfer from an English force to a Scottish force, If so what was the two week conversion course like.
-
Hello to all. I have 2 defaults registered within the last year for unsecured debts. No CCJs or decrees and no IVA in place, however I do have an arrangement with Payplan to negotiate with my creditors and distribute my surplus income equally amongst each creditor. Also whilst we were setting up the Payplan agreement a creditor decided to take my wife to court (date set for Jan 2008). Does this mean I wouldn't be eligible to join the Police? I am looking at Tayside in Scotland. Thanks
-
- 4 replies
- 657 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey All When you pass you medical, is that the only time you see Occy Health? My BMI was up, but OK now, and due to be signed off from my GP. However, do you only have the medical + BMI done once, or do they recall you throughout training? Thanks Jo ----------------------- all stages passed - Hampshire Regs start Feb/March 08
-
- 4 replies
- 571 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I'm considering applying to transfer from the MET to Hampshire so I can move back to where I'm from in Pompey. I'd be interested to hear what people think of this move, and for any help on the following: 1. I've heard a lot of bad things about county forces with regard to the officers' workloads and lack of time out on the street... in the MET most of my initial investigations get transferred to other departments within minutes of completing the crime report, enabling me to get out again and deal with the next call. I wonder if Hants is a great deal different? (not that I'm afraid of a lot of hard work - it can be here) 2. My present bocu get a lot of opportunity fo…
-
- 13 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ive asked a couple of times and never really got a straight answer how much sickness can you have to get in? i have 4 occasions 7 days over last three years. If there is a thread for this someone point me in the right directions?
-
- 2 replies
- 659 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, for those of you who have joined West Mds, could you just clear up for me how the CD ROM works??? I think i'm being really stupid here, but anyway...!!! Do you have to print out the whole 250 page workbook and complete that??? Or do you have to print off the 78 page journal and complete that whilst learning and studying off the CD ROM using all the different chapters??? Or do you do them both??? Thanks for clearing this up for me...just want to make sure i do it right for when i start!!!
-
- 3 replies
- 722 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I have a couple of things I would like some advice on. Im worried about the a/c interview... I have a few good examples for some of the competencies but what if they twist a question so that my pre-thought of answer no longer fits? Is this likely or are the questions more direct (.i.e give an example of a time when you have solved a problem?). Has anyone found the questions difficult even though they spent a lot of time revising an answer?. Secondly Im stuck on the personal responsibility question, cant seem to come up with anything. I was thinking that if anyone else her struggled that they might have some pointers on what helped them think of an example. Th…
-
- 4 replies
- 619 views
- 1 follower
-