Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Hi there, I have recently passed the paper sift and I am now waiting to hear when my assessment date will be, this is for Derbyshire. I had an operation to remove a bit of cartlidge 3 weeks ago but didn't disclose this on my application as I wasn't sure I would need anything. Should I tell them about this at the A/C? I was also wondering whether this ooperation will hinder me in any way, as long as I can get back to full fitness? Thanks for your help.

    • 1 reply
    • 480 views
  2. BD
    Started by BD,

    Hi! I am sending my application form off tomorrow after spending about three weeks doing it!! at the moment my partner and I are applying for a mortgage and it looks to me going through, but won't be through before I send my form off. When it is sorted do I need to contact recruitment to tell them I have an outstanding mortgage? obviously i will let them know when I change addresses, but wanted to check about this! Thanks Jenny

    • 3 replies
    • 581 views
  3. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi Everyone, Just wondering if someone could clear this up for me... How long do new entrants remain on the £21k starting salary? My recruitment pack simply said for the duration of training. I thought this was the initial 18 week training period, but I've heard that it could actually be for the whole two year probation period? I might have to arrange the overdraft now!! Thanks Jon

  4. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    Anybody else been offered 1 of 4 dates in december?

    • 8 replies
    • 607 views
  5. Guest jimmy_nail
    Started by Guest jimmy_nail,

    Is the ministy of defence police done in the same way as the other 42 forces in England and Wales? I.E Do i have to wait 6 months before applying again? I googled them but it does not say on their website.

    • 1 reply
    • 808 views
  6. sablitt
    Started by sablitt,

    Hey all, Passed my medical yesterday and was then told Im now just waiting for a start date, over the moon, seems like im in the home stretch now!! till going to be at least March but something to aim for now! Cheers Steve

    • 2 replies
    • 372 views
  7. golden1546620152
    Started by golden1546620152,

    Hi there all, my names gary from lincoln city i have the A/C on the 19th of oct i have had the westshire centre pack sent through the post 2 days ago and im studying like a trooper i have asked a few police officers but there stories are so diffrent, i have passed the fitness test, i have been learning the competences of which they sent through im just finding it hard in the way to express them via the roles plays some are easy i find but others are very diffucult, my main reason of this post is some members of my family have a criminal record "only domestic" just i hope this wont stop me getting in to the police i have gave it my all clean driving licence for 5 year+ cl…

  8. dd10
    Started by dd10,

    Hi I was wondering what the best kind of fitness program/regime is. Do you spend a set amount of time in the gym or have a jogging route? It would be interesting to know what you guys think is the best way to build stamina and strength. thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 579 views
    thodayc1546620011
  9. liverpool4ever
    Started by liverpool4ever,

    Hello all I`m thinking of applying to join the police force, and I have read quite a bit and have 2 questions which I hope someone could answer. (1) Does a bad credit automtically report nullify an application to the force. (2) I am completing my Masters degree in Theology and for my dissertation I decided to do a study on the "Christian community in the Holy Land and decided to travel to Palestine for interview with priests etc.When I landed in Palestine I was put into Prison and deported the following day.I was not allowed to contact the British embassy there nor did they give me a reason for why they were deporting me.I have taken this up with my MP b…

  10. geordiesi
    Started by geordiesi,

    Hi I am new to this forum but use another police recruitment forum was just wondering if anyone on here is also starting Northumbria Police on Jan7th 08.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    Wondering if anyone else has got the A/C 11th Dec afternoon?

    • 1 reply
    • 256 views
  12. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I sent off my application form for Greater Manchester Police last week and just realised I made an error on the form; After leaving school I went to Luton University but left after 2 years not having attained any qualifications for various reasons. On the 'study location' part of the form I put my school but didnt even think to include university, however I have made reference to uni a few times like on my employment history section to say why i worked places during the summer. Should I call or e-mail GMP recruitment tomorrow to tell them, or do you think that will draw attention to my mistake and make them think im slapdash? Shoul I just not mention it and then if asked …

    • 9 replies
    • 694 views
    andy178981546620138
  13. pcnotts
    Started by pcnotts,

    Im looking at transfering to the Met. Got the application pack. Any advice on top three places to police? Also any one got any friends in the met with a spare room to let as im coming from lincoln Cheers Mark

    • 14 replies
    • 3.7k views
  14. Ex-proby
    Started by Ex-proby * ,

    Hi everyone Basically I started as a student officer in January and loved the training etc. I've wanted to be a bobby since I was a kid but never serioudly considered it due to worries over parental reactions etc. I ended up being messed around quite a bit with regards to the area where I was to be posted, and they didn't have space for 3 of us in the structured 'tutor unit' so ended up being put straight into a safer neighbourhood team, which was fine apart from all we were doing was clearing the active queue of 'nuisance' type jobs and I was not getting to deal with any of the 'bread and butter' type jobs such as RTCs, domestics, public order etc. Anyway, I got to …

    • 2 replies
    • 916 views
    sykes1545925530
  15. Francis
    Started by Francis,

    Basically, I've suffered from OCD and mild depression over my teen years and early adulthood. Still affected by it but it's manageable. Also, I have ulcerative colitis, but it is entirely manageable with medication, including steroids at times. How do they decide if I am unfit for the job, if I feel I am up to it, physically and mentally? Is it dependent on the doctor's opinion or do these conditions automatically exclude you?

    • 8 replies
    • 806 views
    andy178981546620138

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.