Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Andy_Oxford
    Started by Andy_Oxford,

    Lo all, Not sure if this is the right place but is anyone in or been in or even know anything about police housing or single accommodation. I am currently in the last stages of recruitment and my posting is going to be over 60 miles from home, So i will be moving into police housing / single accommodation and wanting to know what it's like. Room size ? Internet access at all ? How long do they class as temporary ? Just some of the things i am thinking about. I know there are some available as i told the recruitment department that i would be in need of help finding somewhere to live etc Thanks all

    • 7 replies
    • 3.7k views
  2. zoefrangeskou
    Started by zoefrangeskou * ,

    Hi What qualifications are needed to become a scene crime officer? and must you be a police officer to become a SOCO?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Plz share with us all your results or anything else that relates to West Midlands PC Recruitment for the past or present. Remember anything at all!

    • 2 replies
    • 400 views
    andy178981546620138
  4. zoefrangeskou
    Started by zoefrangeskou * ,

    Hi I've almost completed a criminology degree, can this lead to a career path within the police force (not as a police officer)? and what options are available? zoe

    andy178981546620138
  5. Ironside
    Started by Ironside,

    I applied for a transfer to West Midlands Police at the beginning of the year and then decided against it having been won over by the Metropolitan Police. Having been in the Met for only a couple of months now i'm starting to regret my decision to transfer. Not that i'm not enjoying it but it's so different to county policing which i prefer. I'm not looking at going back to my original plan and transferring to West Midlands Police. Has anyone gone through the transferee process?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  6. stevie0
    Started by stevie0 * ,

    Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, thought i'd see if anyone can lend a hand. I've got my initial interview and SET exams this week. I'm pretty prepared and fine with the SET's, however, the exams giving me a little concern. Can anyone tell me how intense this initial interview is? how many interviewers? and the type of questions that might come up? Any feedback on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. steve

  7. wannabe_cop
    Started by wannabe_cop,

    More out of intrest than anything... For those joining mid-career (ie, 30/40 yrs old, with a good current job), would you definetely join up with the police or is a see how it goes? Myself, not too sure at the minute. It's the pay cut that i'm having trouble with at the moment

  8. shoaib89

    Title says it all! Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 460 views
  9. Paul C1546620148
    Started by Paul C1546620148,

    Wish me luck, I can't wait!

    • 3 replies
    • 476 views
  10. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hello Everyone I was looking to see if anybody could give me advice on the assessment day my main questions are as follows. What to expect in the interview question wise. How hard are the role plays? (I at present work in a customer service environment) Where are the assessment centres? And in general how did you find the day. I look forward to hearing from anyone who replies. G

    • 3 replies
    • 483 views
  11. BeccaB
    Started by BeccaB,

    Well just got a call that I have a conditional offer depending on medical results which i have on Friday, and security and reference checks etc. The only place with space for little ole me is Somerset. (must resist saying it with an accent!) I have no problem with the move, but is anyone from the area and can anyone give any suggestions on places to start looking to live? I've never been there! Excited yet scared BeccaB

  12. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Has anyone else got their fitness test for West Mercia 26th October?

    • 9 replies
    • 815 views
    Westmerciacadet
  13. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    I have my fitness on 10th December for West Mids, so all being well, i would hopfully get a start date around Feb/March. The problem is, i have 2 holidays (one being a wedding in Ireland) during these 2 months. If im offered a start date, what would be the consequences of deferring my start date until the next one? Or would it be best to cancel the holidays completely, thus getting on the very badside of the missus!! i dont know which is worse.....

    • 1 reply
    • 477 views
  14. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi I currently have an application pending with West Midlands Police so I would like to know if I can apply to become a PCSO or a SPECIAL at the same time? or is there a 6 Months wait in between? thanks.

    • 12 replies
    • 864 views
  15. RMAC24
    Started by RMAC24,

    Hi Everyone. I'm moving to Glasgow from the Birmingham area next year and am going to apply for Strathclyde when I get back from three months of travelling. Can anyone describe the recruitment process to me as I understand it differs from England. Also any advice on what I can be doing in the meantime which will help my chances??

    • 1 reply
    • 377 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.