Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dan417
    Started by dan417,

    Hi I have my a/c in november and was wondering if they have any tips at all that will help me prepare. I am worried about the interactive stage, if anyone has recently been on an a/c could they please tell me what their role plays where cheers

  2. copper136
    Started by copper136,

    If there is one thing i hate it's boarding for jobs. And what i hate even more is the question "Can you tell me what your weaknesses are please" This always phases me. You don't want to come across as an idiot nor a cocky pratt. Does anybody have the ulitimate answer for this obserd question HR managers seem to love asking? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Just wondering how much prep everyone has been doing for the test??? When did you start preparing, what training have you done???

    • 3 replies
    • 405 views
  4. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Im not sure if this is the right area to post this but ill have a go. Ive organised a trip to my local police station. I just wanted to know if there was anything that i should really cpncentrate on. I know that the whole experience will be great, but is there something that i could miss if i didnt specifically look out for it. Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 705 views
  5. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    Hi guys, I have psoriasis (for those that are unsure, its similar to excema, to a degree) Would this stop me from passing the medical? It failed me for the medical for the military forces, but I'm led to believe that there requirements are a lot tighter due to their operational requirements, so I'm unsure... Thanks, Martin

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
    andy178981546620138
  6. trev181
    Started by trev181,

    Hi everyone, I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to write a break down of how the assessment day? I am waiting for my assessment day for Devon and Cornwall and it would be really helpfull if some one could just break the day down here so i know what to expect?

    • 1 reply
    • 784 views
  7. Smiffy1546620146
    Started by Smiffy1546620146,

    Hiya, I have my a/c date tomorrow but the last 3 days I've gradually been feeling mor eand more unwell, not sleeping, fever, headaches etc, like a heavy dose of the flu. I had to call in sick for work on tuesday as I couldn't get off the sofa (and I'm not one to call in sick easily). I went to the doctors yesterday and he said I need a good 4/5 days off and gave me a prescription. I feel really rough still, have only just made it onto the PC because I've felt so bad all day, but my question is this: If I call in sick at such a ate stage for the a/c, will I be able to book another date or will they drop me?

    • 1 reply
    • 472 views
  8. RandomOfficer
    Started by RandomOfficer,

    Hi, Been in Merseyside Police for 7 weeks now. Our trainers have mentioned something about how we can now opt to pay reduced National Insurance, something to do with the pension contributions being so high. And that we can claim tax back off the Fed Subscription as it's a professional subscription. They are not 100% how to go about this though. Does anyone know exactly what needs changing and has anyone done it. Or do I just write off to the tax office and wait with fingers crossed. Cheers. Ian

    • 11 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Hi, i was just wondering what the age limit to apply is? Now i have seen some say 18 which is what i always have believed, however i have seen some forces accept applications from 17 and 6 months. Does this vary from force to force? Ill be glad if someone could clear this up for me. Many Thanks Ian

    • 1 reply
    • 450 views
    andy178981546620138
  10. benton
    Started by benton,

    Hi I would just like to know what the swearing in cermony is like, do i have to do it infront of everyone who is there or do i just sign a piece of paper cheers

  11. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    There have been a number of posts in the old forums in relation to the assessment centre pass-mark, the current pass-mark is still as follows:- Overall a minimum of 60% and, Respect for Diversity minimum of 60% and, Oral Communication minimum of 60% and, Written Communication minimum of 44%. Some forces are considering overall scores of 50 - 59% as passes, but officially these are still fails, that is a decision made by individual forces, and it may cause problems later on should you decide to transfer to another force (ie one which follows the official pass mark) in these circumstances you may be required to sit the assessment centre again. I'm sure…

  12. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Does anyone know where I can find any detailed information on the structure of the induction and training for West Mids?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hey folks, finally sent off application form to lothian and borders police. took ages filling it in, scared to make any mistakes whatsoever hehe. anyway, its silly, but what now, will i hear from them letting me know they have recieved my application form? or is the next i hear when they tell me the results of the paper sift? trivial questions i know, but im just a bit nervous, hopign this all goes well! i know all forces are different, but whats the KIND of time scale on the paper sift, how long did it take you? cheers stephen.

    • 4 replies
    • 577 views
  14. Matthew_E87
    Started by Matthew_E87,

    to become a police officer if you have been arrested? i have never been charged with anything, and the only times i got taken in were your standard, youthful indiscretion type thing.............I am now interested in pursuing a career in the police force and need to know if i will still eligible? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

  15. Martin1982
    Started by Martin1982 * ,

    Hi, just wandered if anyone could tell me how short you are allowed your hair in the police?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.