Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jaj_swann
    Started by jaj_swann * ,

    Hi, I'm in need of some information. I have sent off my application form for WMP but i am now worried about my sick record. I've heard that Tesco do not give out those details to anyone and wondered if they gave them to the police for recruitment etc. Just wondered if anyone knew what happens and the information the Police require because Tesco HeadOffice give out basic reference confirming i worked there but i dont think they give my sickness record. Will i not be accepted because the Police can't confirm it or will they pass me, on what i have estimated? Cheers,

  2. bex82
    Started by bex82,

    Hi there i have applied for The West Midlands police, could anyone tell me on an average How long i am going to be waiting for the application to be approved or not approved? Thanks

  3. sinky
    Started by sinky,

    Just wondering if anyone has transfered from Strathclyde to Lothian and Borders and if so, 1. When can you put an application in 2. how long does it take to process? Cheers!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Do I have to include RRD element in every question I answer in the interview? If so what if they are testing me on something like problem solving and I solved the problem alone, how could I incorporate RRD if no one else is involved in my example? Thanks, Colette.

    • 1 reply
    • 571 views
  5. gourda
    Started by gourda,

    hi, I am looking at making the move to the met and have hit a bit of a brick wall in regards to accomodation. I am going to be working in west london and am considering either getting the train in from wokingham every day......long commute when working 12 hour shifts! Or possib ly living in london itself giving me a bit more free time outside the 12 hour shifts. I was wondering how everyone else has solved this problem...is there a specific website that met officers use for accomodation, or are there adverts up at thier nick? I am wary of renting a room in a house full of strangers not knowing thier backround thats all! any tips or advice would be greatly appreci…

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  6. honeyhoney
    Started by honeyhoney * ,

    Hi there, I need to know what the layer cake (or was it laya cake?) model is about. I have searched the net but can't find it anywhere. I know that it's about the principles of investigation but can't recall all of the elements of it. Anybody help me? I think it's got something to do with identify, define and evaluate but not sure. I haven't studied it for four years and have an interview for CID in Hants Police. Can anyone help?!!!! Honeyhoney

    • 0 replies
    • 759 views
  7. Prison_Officer
    Started by Prison_Officer,

    I handed in my application for TVP for the 1st - 19th of oct period, and am still awaiting a response. I have filled in the tattoo declaration form and declalred all my tattoos. However... Prior to applying, i booked and paid a 50% deposit for a new tattoo, which i had done 2 weeks ago. It is non offensive, however it is quite large. It is very similar in location and nature, to this... Should i declare it at this stage? N.B - It is easily covered with a short sleve shirt.

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
    andy178981546620138
  8. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Title says it all! Should I ring up my recruitment police force and tell them that I have taken up the job or will it be a problem if I don't tell them? Secondly is it a good idea to use a example from the job of a parking attendant, geting abused by the public as an RRD competency Interview question in the assessment?

    andy178981546620138
  9. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hey folks.just got letter through today telling me that i have failed my papersift. absolutly gutting, i'd been thinking about joining the police everyday for about a year now, so as you can imagine, im a bit down about all this. just a couple of questions. firstly, how long before i can re-apply with the force who failed me, and how long before i can re-apply with any other force at all? also, is it possible for me to ask the lothian and borders recruitment team why i failed the papersift? i'd like to know for when i apply in future, as i dont plan on giving up on it al just yet, although i, really am gutted like you wouldnt believe. had that typical "...i knew it.." …

    • 7 replies
    • 957 views
    andy178981546620138
  10. Hodge1546620135
    Started by Hodge1546620135,

    Hello! I have just completed the West Yorks Assessment centre, but haven't had any results yet (it's only been 4 days!). I have changed jobs since my initial application was submitted, and haven't informed recruiting yet. Does anybody know if this is going to be a problem? I also wanted to know when the force will contact your current employer? Does this only happen when you have had a definate offer of a position? It's just that my current boss isn't aware of my application, and I don't want him to find out until he definately needs to know. Thanks everyone

  11. Screw
    Started by Screw,

    Hello Im hoping to apply to the Police force, my question is I changed my last name a couple of years ago, when it comes to the secuirty checks does this mean I have to fill out two forms for each name or will the checks they carry out show that i have changed my name and have both on record therefore being able to vet both? Hope havent confussed anyoen to much Alex

    • 2 replies
    • 363 views
  12. High Tower
    Started by High Tower,

    Can anyone who has been on a ISP course (specifically with Alan Brown in Nottingham) give me there views on how they found it - good or bad. Went on a course before first attempt at a/c and failed so looking to get it right this time.

  13. ruth76
    Started by ruth76,

    Hi Can someone help me? I applied for Thames Valley Police on the 11th October 2007 and today (1st December) my employer has received a request for a reference, Is this a good sign?

  14. BD
    Started by BD,

    I have only just got my form for west midlands, but am a bit worried about days off sick, I think I have only had about 3/4 days off sick in the past 3 years but i cannot remember the exact number, it could be up to about 5. does this info have to be completely accurate, and would previous employers be contacted about this? Also am really worried about the eye test (havent even filled in my form yet!!) but I am short sighted, -3.25 in both eyes- how many lines of the chart do you have to be able to read without glasses? Thanks Jenny

    • 1 reply
    • 503 views
  15. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Still waiting for my papersift result! it's been 2 months today. I was told by the recruitment department to hear in November, Has any one who applied to West Mids in September heard anything yet?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.