Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. della1546082783
    Started by della1546082783,

    i did my highest today and got level 6.2 in our official fitness test. how far can you go?

    • 49 replies
    • 3k views
    rhumbathunder1546619922
  2. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    So medical is out the way and my fitness is next week. But i only just passed as i had a pretty high BMI which OCU told me to lower. Has anyone else been told this, or has anyone failed on account of their BMI? I dont anticipate a problem with the fitness at all but i suppose its a kick up the **** when someone 'official' tells you to lose a bit weight!!

  3. SC Me
    Started by SC Me,

    I am in the process of transferring to the MET but wish to retain my current family home. I am hoping to get posted to a borough where the shift pattern is suitable to allow me to lodge in London during duty periods while spending rest days at home. I understand that there may also be flexible working arrangements available (block duty days followed by block rest days)? I would be very grateful for any information relating to my enquiries and also any experiences from people in a similar situation. Finally; if anyone has any information in respect of the cost and availability of lodgings in and around the capital, it would be very much appreciated. I am in the ma…

  4. Jackoo
    Started by Jackoo,

    I got the letter today confirming that I've been accepted subject to checks and could not be happier. Can't wait to start. Thanks to everyone who has provided advice on this site relating to the selection process as it was just invaluable. Now I'm an 'expert' on the process (its gone to my head a little), make sure you learn as much as possible relating to the force you are applying for and the backround/issues of Race/Diversity Best of luck to anyone applying.

    • 8 replies
    • 580 views
  5. AdrianLee
    Started by AdrianLee,

    Hi all, This is my first post on this forum, from reading around it looks like the ideal place to make sure I'm making the right choice! I've been interested in joining the police service for some time now and I have decided that I will likely apply to join Surrey Police as a police officer in the spring when they open up their next recruitment drive. I'm 25 and I'm currently working as a software developer. I have decided that I can't spend the rest of my life sat infront of a computer! I'm intelligent, fit and I'm very good at communicating with people and I believe I could be very good at the job. I have some questions which I was hoping someone on here might be …

  6. coasty
    Started by coasty * ,

    Hi all just applied for kent Police Force in their recruitment ending November the 16th, just wondering whether anyone from here is in the same position? Does anyone know how efficient they are with the papersift and how harsh they are with the application forms, all handwritten what a nightmare, took me nearly three days of filling in copys of it until i was happy enough to try the real form

    • 6 replies
    • 926 views
  7. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    Just to let you know that today i recieved my formal offer of employment, to commence training on the seventh of january. I'm over the moon! Thanks to everybody for their support.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    andy178981546620138
  8. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I applied to GMP last sunday so am waiting to hear back about my papersift results. I was very honest on my form, but this year I have had some financial problems relating to late payments and credit cards being withdrawn etc. About 3 months ago I arranged with a an accountant to artrange a payment plan with every company which he has done and they are all in place, so I am not behind with any payments currently. I was wondering about the financial status check - is it just to make sure you dont lie on your form or are you actually penalised for having a poor credit rating? I havent got any ccj's or anything like that but would be financial history stall my application? I…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    andy178981546620138
  9. hogey1546620071
    Started by hogey1546620071 * ,

    Hi everyone, well just as everything going well with my application for Merseyside the rug seems to have been pulled from under me. Undertook and passed my fitness test on Thurs, well chuffed, other people I know who have done it received letter few days later with date for medical. Gets up this morning letter in porch, I can see that its from Merseyside Police so I joyously open it only to find out that it says "your application has been unsuccessful", how gutted am I. Dont know of any reason for this, talk about highs and lows, I'm totally on the floor. Cant understand this, I know Merseyside have just opened recruitment and this letter could have been a mistake, perhap…

  10. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi everyone, i have my A/c on the 3rd of jan at 8.15. so tomorrow is practically the last day i will get to revise. just wondering if anyone had any last minute tips/hints that might be helpful? thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Hey, Ive spent about 2 weeks now on my competancy questions and i think ive got 3 really strong answers. However, im struggling with an idea for the 'ability to communicate' one. Obviously i dont want someone to give me an answer, maybe just point me in the right direction or throw some ideas to get me on the right track. Im considering using 'telling a previous manager of my resignation', do you think this will be acceptable? Ive never really been in any other situations that i can think of i.e. telling someone about a deceased relative! Thanks everyone

    • 4 replies
    • 844 views
    Nicola1546620137
  12. andy_b
    Started by andy_b,

    congratulations to me! Have managed to tear my anterior cruciate ligament... am intending on getting surgery to restabilise my knee.. how bad does this rank on the medically side of things? (and for those of you who like a really good laugh, I've got an infected, ingrowing hair at the base of my spine - so I can't sit down and i can't stay standing up for long!!.... ) :roll:

    • 10 replies
    • 883 views
  13. coolhand
    Started by coolhand,

    What if any specialist training do you receive when you join the BTP? I've always assumed that working in a specialist environment (ok, a train station or on train lines) you would be subject to different modules, or different on the job training. I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has been through it recently.

    • 0 replies
    • 653 views
  14. james_q
    Started by james_q,

    Hi all, Can anyone tell me if Gloucestershire make you do a foundation degree or anything similar? I've passed the assessment centre but now I'm thinking that if they make you do a foundation degree just to tick bureaucratic boxes instead of spending time training more appropriately, i.e. on the street, expecially after I've already spent 3 years and a lot of money doing a Criminology degree, I won't bother. Thanks in advance if anyone knows. Cheers.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. taliatas
    Started by taliatas,

    Hi, I've just recently discovered this forum and already its proving vital with help towards my application. I need some advice, I've just graduated from university and im 23 nearly 24 i'm looking to apply to the police as this has always been what i've wanted to do as a career but had to get a few things like uni and travelling out of my system. I'm going to work in canada for maybe 6 months in january but will this affect my application? living and working there for a few months? I want to get my application sent in january as this is when the recruitment next opens, but that is also when i am going away. I will be getting my post sent out to me so will be up…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.