Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Penny123
    Started by Penny123,

    Hi everyone, Could someone confirm what police HR consider the acceptable level of sick leave over three years? Does this vary from force to force? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. daniel_w
    Started by daniel_w,

    Hi, Ive got my Assessment centre date for Febuary and have just recieved my information pack. After reading it and looking at many other police assessment information books and dvds im now slightly confused about the core competencies that will be assessed in the roleplay, interview and written parts of the assessment centre. My dilema is the after reading the information ive found quite a few competencies... effective comunication personal responsibility community and customer focus race and diversity problem solving negotiation and influence resiliance team working Are some of these competencies the same thing?? Does any …

  3. tony250
    Started by tony250,

    Hi All, Could anyone tell me if the written reports / letters can be done in pencil? Many thanks

  4. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Hi, I passed the papersift in October and recieved a letter saying I would probably have my a/c in January. However as I hadn't heard anything I called the recruitment department and they said they're working thoriugh the scores. They said they're on those who scored 13 and that I scored 11 and it would be June at least before I heard anything, which means the time scale is pretty ridiculous as I applied back in July. I realise that 11 can't be too good but does anyone know what these scores mean/or are out of? Cheers.

    • 9 replies
    • 433 views
  5. robert1983
    Started by robert1983 * ,

    Hi I am looking to transfer to Dorset police from the met. Can anyone tell me what its actually like working for Dorset Police and any problems i might face as a transfering officer. Also any information IE promotion prospects shift patterns anything that might help!! Thanks

  6. KevinMarshall
    Started by KevinMarshall,

    Hello, First time I have posted in this or any Police related Forum. I am currently a Comms Officer for the Met and have applied to become a Police Constable for EssPol and wanted to know if anyone else on this forum has applied for EssPol. Have my reasons for not applying for the Met, but wont post on here. My Timeline as follows: Applied in June07 July 07 (Assessment Centre) August 07 (Fitness) October 07 (Medical) Received a letter stating approx July/August 08 (Conditional Offer) Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar path and if anyone knows why there is a big gap in waiting time from the Medical to the Conditional Offer. (Obviously I know about the…

    • 11 replies
    • 677 views
  7. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    What are the positive and negative points for writing in FULL CAPITAL BLOCK LETTERS in the whole report/letter for the two written excercises? Apparently I heard from someone that if your not good with grammar and/or punctuation marks you can write in FULL CAPS. Will this affect the way you score marks? Can someone please clarify this for me? thanks in advance. Shoaib

  8. 2BPC
    Started by 2BPC,

    Hello to you all! I wonder if someone can help? Im just a fitness test away from the final stage with TVP. Im from Swansea, in South Wales, and ive learnt that the training is no longer residential? Is this true? If this is the case what are the options for me? The Force are obviously aware of where i am from. I feel really proud of my achievement in getting so far, and dont want any matter to jeapordise an acceptance letter due to my location. Im sure this wont be the case, but can anyone put my mind at rest? I would phone the force, but as they say, they dont like to be interupted during the recruitment stage. I dont want them to feel that I'm running before i can w…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. moony1
    Started by moony1,

    hi all yesterday i was in my wagon on the phone hands free but manager was unable to hear me properly. i picked up the phone as i got fed up of repeating myself, this was literally for 10 seconds and of course,,,,,, i got pulled. 3 points and 60 quid, i was just wondering if this is going to affect my application at all. i dont have any points at all so this will be the only 3

  10. lee21
    Started by lee21,

    Heard lots of horror stories about TVP and the massive waiting times. Put my online application in on 16th oct anyone any idea what sort of timeframe i should expect to wait for any sort of reply? Have a friend who applied to GMP and heard back in 3 weeks. they told him over the phone that he'd passed papersift and arraged a date for A/C. Does this happen for TVP or is it a letter? Appreciated if anyopne can shed some light.

  11. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi everyone, Iv got my assesment centre on the 15th of jan so getting quite anxious now. Just wanted to know if i was to pass the day, what sort of time it will take to actually start the job after medical etc. Iv applied to thames valley if anyone knows their sort of timings Thanks very much john

    • 3 replies
    • 614 views
  12. Whitty
    Started by Whitty * ,

    Hi I have got my AC on the 25th January and I am wanting to know if the R&D question in the Interview is similar to the one asked in the application form? Thanks in advanced!

    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
    The Backwards Man
  13. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Can you please advise me if you have to write two reports in the written excercises or one letter and one report, the reason I am asking is because it says in my instruction booklet I have to write two proposal documents, one for an incident that happened at the centre and one for an issue at the centre! it does not say I have to write a report or a letter so if you have done the assessment recently could you please advise me! it's for the West Mids. Shoaib

    • 6 replies
    • 497 views
  14. Nicola1546620137
    Started by Nicola1546620137,

    Hi, Have my medical date for Hampshire on 8th Jan, does anyone else have theirs the same day? Nicola

    • 2 replies
    • 261 views
    Nicola1546620137
  15. BlueJustice
    Started by BlueJustice,

    Hi, I'm in the middle of an application to become a police officer with Surrey police. Does anybody know how similar the assessment is to the Met's? Thanks Will

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.