Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Does anybody know when the assesment material will change? I was told by the Assesment Coordinator for Merseyside that the assesment content changes every 6 months that's why you have to wait 6 months to re apply. I did my assesment and failed in August 07 and I used The Westshire Pack. Does anybody know anything about this? Also does the whole assesment change as in the structure or is it just the scenario's such as using The Westshire Pack? Any information would be great I want to re apply in march this year when I am eligable
-
- 5 replies
- 422 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guyz, How do I practice role plays? I don't have anyone to work with or help me. My assessment is in 10 days time! and I am really worried. Shoaib
-
Thinking about doing Module 3 for some A/C preparation, but at £140 is it worth it? I just bought a book by Ian Hutchison which seems to cover all the sections thoroughly. This will be my first A/C so I naturally want to give myself the best chance
-
hey i was just wondering ,after looking at everyone else timeframe's for getting in, mine seems to be taking ages i had my fitness test in sept and have got my medical at the end of the month (oct/07) and was wondering how long after the medical does the training start roughly ?? is there normally a course that starts in jan feb/08 time and is this the likely time frame it will take
-
- 11 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all Just wondering if anyone else on the forum is waiting for an imminent start date? I have been told that my CRB, references, vettings & checks are back and fine, and now I have to sit tight and be patient. Its the waiting.... and wondering.... WHEN!!! as time passes I feel like I am being overlooked ! Anyone else? --------------------------- all stages passed - Hampshire Police Regs awaiting (patiently ) a start date
-
- 8 replies
- 629 views
- 1 follower
-
-
And my preparation has been: zero I know it seems irresponsible but ive been at a loss as to what I can prepare in advance that will give me any advantage over my genuine range of experiences, and ability to reason etc It's not missing the point to see the Assessment Centre as just that, and assessment of my suitability to being a police officer is it? The only thing I have real concerns about is the numeracy test - I recently failed a graduate intake assessment on the mathematical test, although in fairness this was pretty hard-going stuff..and the one at the AC sounds very much like the kind I had to sit in the interview for my current position. I guess I'm just look…
-
- 15 replies
- 527 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I currently have an outstanding arrears on my loan account an have been placed on a debt management plan which im keeping up with, will this affect my application
-
Just want to get some opinion's on which force I should apply for. I live in Cheshire but want to work in either Merseyside or Manchester. I failed my asessment with Mersayside last August and am going to be re applying when eligable in February, I am unsure of where I want to apply to though. GMP are recruiting till 31st March so I would have a chance of applying to them and maybe Merseyside will be taking application's by this time. I just don't know which one I want most. Also I have heard that you can start your application with a force and then transfer it to another quite easily is this true and how do you go about it?
-
Hi, Im new to the forum and a bit nervous of the whole process. I want to apply to the met police. After uni in 2005 I took an internship in Tawian for 2 months. Would this be an issue? It was just educational although not connected directly to my uni. Any thoughts? Thanks in Advance..
-
I am currently going through the application process for GMP and hope to be in training by september ish time next year if im successful. I do have a question around the christmas period; do you have a break from training over xmas or do you work through it? Its no biggie but I wondered if anyone hwho had been through it could give me some info?
-
Hello, I passed my transferee selection day for the Met in late December and am now waiting for the security clearance, disciplinary record checks, finance checks etc... to be completed. Can anyone who has gone through the transfer process with the Met let me know how long it takes. Cheers
-
Hi all, Had my a/c on 21st of dec and the waiting is driving me crazy. Im not sure how I did I think some of it went well whilst other parts werent so great. In my first role play I got a bit lost for words and there seemed to be a lot of silent pauses, although the others seemed to go well. Has anyone else thought you had messed up and gone on to pass? Whats the most common part of the a/c that people fail on? Is any one else waiting for their results??. Thanks, Colette.
-
In this post i am not going to speak as though i am a moderator, as i am not. If the moderators disagree, then please feel free to delete this post. I am however confident that my views in this thread are that of many members, moderators included. The reason i am posting here, is because i would like to ask new, and existing members, to please be thoughtful, of their posts on this forum. We all have questions we would like to ask, and then the people who can answer, do so. I feel though, that some of the posts posted by members, are totally inappropiate. I am referring here to the Recruitment section of this website. I myself have been though the recruitment process,…
-
Finally, after waiting for my assessment center results, I've found out I've passed!!! Its been hard cos im not exactly a spring chicken, but with a lot of effort, Ive done it. The hours, shifts etc aren't going to be a problem because I work long and irregular hours anyway, and so my wife and children are used to it. The nature of the job itself, obviously I cant tell how I'll deal with it, but Il give it my best. The only thing worrying me is... the money. Am leaving a pretty well paid job to join the service, and obviously, the drop in money is a major concern, but il do what it takes (legally, of course lol) to make sure my family and i are still financially viable. …
-
- 4 replies
- 832 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I currently work for a bank, but I really want to be a police officer. I would like to join GMP and after my probation look to moving into child-protection and hi-tech crime. An alternative would be joining BTP and just seeing where it took me. My question is this: I'm not vain or anything but I currently have hair which goes to just above my collar at the back, and to just below my ears at the sides - and this is the most comfortable way for me to have it. What exactly are the guidelines for hair length and style for guys in the police? I need to know how much i'm going to lose when I go for it!