Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    I am considering becoming a prison officer in the east midlands region but my ultimate goal is to become a police officer. getting into the police force is becoming more and more difficult and the vacancies are more freqently being given to specials and PCSOs. Will being a prison officer for a year or so benefit my potention career in the police? also, has anyone else been a prison officer before and knows what the job is like first hand?

    • 16 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    Interview is tomorrow, however....If the panel ask me the question "tell me a little bit about yourself" where do i start and what points do i mention?

    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  3. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Succeed at psychometric testing. (Hodder/Arnold) How to pass the new police selection system, 2nd edition. (Tolley etc.) Drop me a msg. I don't want any spondooleys, just make use of them and pass them on should you be successful.

    • 3 replies
    • 468 views
  4. wormy73
    Started by wormy73,

    I know the footwear thread has been done to the death but i can't seem to find any info on the type of smart shoes i need when i start training on July 2nd. I've been told i need "a pair of shoes suitable for inspection purposes i.e capable of being highly polished", any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Screw
    Started by Screw,

    Hello This is my first post so hello all . I was just wondering if anyone will be attending the recruitment evening on the 12th feb? Are these evenings intresting? What happens at them? Hope some one can help

    • 2 replies
    • 500 views
  6. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Guys, Is there any scope to move your start date back? I am asking, because if I stay in my current job until the end of the financial year I will get an annual bonus, which will be great to help tide me over whilst I am on training salary. A nightmare scenario would be if I am offered a start date mid to end April, and miss out on this by 1 or 2 weeks. I was originally told by West Mids, that I would be starting by Christmas, but the process has slowed right down, and I am still on the waiting list for a medical. It is likely to be another couple of months before there is any prospect of a start date. I want to ask recruitment, but do not want to jeopardise my …

    • 6 replies
    • 985 views
  7. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi Does anyone know if there is a set leadtime before you can retake the fitness test if you fail the first time? Thanks Jon

    • 1 reply
    • 313 views
  8. alanmartin_uk
    Started by alanmartin_uk * ,

    Hi all, First time at posting so apologies if this seems like a repeat of something that has been talked about before. Last year I applied to Essex Police and received the letter 'failed at competency'. I was just wondering who has been in this position (or is currently and going to re-apply) and what they did (or are going to do) to improve themselves and get through to the next stage and ultimately get to where they want to be. Many thanks for your posts and ideas in advance

    alanmartin_uk *
  9. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    People submitting an online application near the 'cut-off' date may want to make them selves aware of this!! A couple of weeks ago I submitted my online application. A message appeared stating 'Your application has now been received and will be processed in due course. All correspondence from this point will be via letter'. However, yesterday was the 1st opportunity I had to check my emails. To my surprise was an email from the application centre stating I needed to confirm my app by clicking on a link? Luckily for me GMP have extended their application end date from 31st Dec. But if they hadn't I could have missed the cut-off date!! Admittedly this was a bit of stup…

    • 6 replies
    • 712 views
  10. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    I passed my A/C! Thankyou for everyones advice and encouragement. Onto the fitness test now! Colette.

    • 4 replies
    • 412 views
  11. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi there, Just a quick question about the application form, I applied last year and got through to the assessment centre stage but unfortunately didn't do too well in the role play stages and failed with 58%. However I'm re-applying soon, and im thinking of improving on some of the answers given on the application form. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this? Would I be best just sticking to the same answers as they got me though last time? If you're re-applying do you have to display how you have tried to improve since you're last application? Any help will be much appreciated! cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 452 views
  12. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Hi, I passed the paper sift for Derbyshire back in October and they informed me that I would have an assesment centre in January and that they would contact me 6 weeks before which hasn't happened. Is anyone else in the same position?

    • 4 replies
    • 247 views
  13. Nicola1546620137
    Started by Nicola1546620137,

    Hello All, Good news I passed medical for Hampshire and got my collar number!! Am soooo chuffed, just have to wait for my security checks to come back then will find out a start date!! Would just like to take the opportunity to thank everyone on here who have given me advice through the whole process !!

    • 2 replies
    • 325 views
  14. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Hi, I have a place on one of the two hour recruitment evenings form West Mercia next month. I am hoping to use the event to make a decision if I do wish to apply and get more of a feel of what to expect etc. etc. What can I expect to happen in those two hours? Is it just a talk, or will I have to take part in any kinds of assesments/interviews? Basically, should I prepare in any way, or just go with an open mind and absorb as much as I can? Also, might be a daft question, but how should I dress? Is it formal? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

    • 9 replies
    • 757 views
  15. nobby
    Started by nobby,

    HI EVERYONE JUST RECIEVED MY A/C DATE FOR JAN 08 WITH GMP, ANY ADVICE OR INFO ABOUT THE BIG DAY WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.