Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I have my fitness tomorrow, whats the order of the day? turn up smart and change or arrive ready to go? there are changing rooms there but its easier for me to go down dressed to do it. Bit concerned i did the bleep test few days back in a sports hall and got level 9 (a suprising drop from just a year ago when i was hitting 13 no problem) I just tried it outside on a lane and only just managed to get to 5. I imagine this is to do with the weather (bloody freezing) etc and maybe the fact i had a few drinks last night. My point is do each force stick to the conditions of the bleep test? Could i go do it outside and the group tomorrow do it indoors? just don't see how that c…

  2. stewart1
    Started by stewart1,

    Good evening to anyone that's reading this. I have my A/C coming up and I am pretty well prepared for it- I hope! I just wanted to ask about the final Interview for Hampshire. When does it normally take place? I hope this isn't a really daft question. if someone can tell me from personal experiance that would be great. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 464 views
  3. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Hi guys, I have my fitness test a week today and im worried about the push pull test. I was wondering how the machine works, do I have to pull the 35kilo over a certain distance or is it just a test to see if you can budge it at all?. Is there anything it can be compared to, apart from seated row (cos I havent got one of those at gym)?. How strong in general do you have to be, i.e is there any indication of whether you can do it or not in advance (for example reaching a certain weight on chest press, etc)? Also ive heard that there is a technique to getting a good score on the push pull, so wondered if any of you would like to share some tips? Thanks in advance, co…

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  4. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Hiya guys, got my assessment on the 14th feb for Leicestershire and to be honest I dont know what to expect. Is the anyone who can tell me what material is best to help me along and whether any websites are available. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 450 views
  5. 2BPC
    Started by 2BPC,

    Hi, Can someone advise me as to why I've been asked to attend a medical before my fitness test? I understood, from the letter i recieved from TVP, that becuase i had passed the A/C, i should now start preparing for the fitness test? And looking into sources of information re. the recruitment process, the medical came after the fitness test! Im quite confused! I shall have to ring them monday morning!!! Many Thanks Readers

  6. markalama
    Started by markalama,

    As with everything in this job, I expect that the answer has something to do with string, but For those of you who have transfered how long did it take to go through the process?

  7. alt_ctrl_del
    Started by alt_ctrl_del,

    Had the assessment centre in manchester this week everything other than the interview went "ok" <- far from perfect but ok i really do feel the interview was terrible if i have messed up the interview on all 4 questions is it still possible to pass the AC? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 616 views
  8. Zamudio
    Started by Zamudio,

    Hi guys, I'll be applying to join South Wales Police pretty soon and was wondering if anyone could send me a link to a decent training program for the psysical test? There was one on the FAQ but the link doesn't work. Cheers Z

  9. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hey, Im due to start Hants police in the next few months. I already work for them as Police staff but just wondered if any was due to start at Netley in the coming months. Look forward to meeting everyone when we start.

    • 0 replies
    • 630 views
  10. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    I am currently waiting for my start date for Hants Police. I passed my medical and did all the paper work nearly 2 months ago and still havnt received a start date yet. I was told that there will be a course in March and then May. Is any one in the same situation or does anyone have a idea when the actual course dates are or when they may issude the start dates. Many thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Nicola1546620137
  11. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Does anybody know if the sight test is taken with glasses or without or both? :smiley_help:

    • 2 replies
    • 463 views
  12. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    I wear glasses and want to know if the Police test for sight un-aided.... I know you have to reach 6/6 with glasses, but is there a minimum to reach with out them on? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 610 views
  13. Emkay
    Started by Emkay * ,

    I understand that one of the main delays is vetting. I am currently serving in HM Forces, if I was to apply to the civilian police would they simply use my forces vetting, or would I have to fill out all the forms and wait for all the checks again?

    • 5 replies
    • 717 views
    oxoneil1546620061
  14. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    I am going to the GMP assessment centre on Thursday and I'm curious about the RRD Question in the interview. My application form answer was mainly to do with general bullying, the person who was being bullied was white and not an ethnic minority. Does anybody know if it's ok to use the same example as on the application form?

    • 9 replies
    • 656 views
    robstock1546620155
  15. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    I have my medical with WYP in two days and counting. Finally I have arrived at my final hurdle. All my forms are signed and ready to go. I am excited and also scared. Fingers crossed

    • 2 replies
    • 362 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.