Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. peachy
    Started by peachy,

    i'm having an interview for a crime training post and have got to do a 20 min presentation on what 3 challenges face my constabulary relating to the new ACPO strategy for investigative interviewing...sounds interesting doesn't it? Its been a long time since i did a presentation of any kind and would appreciate some advice in this area. thanks :smiley_help: :smiley_help:

  2. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hello, I just wondered what peoples thoughts or experiences were about age and the police. I am 22 years old but look about 17/18. I guess im just lucky in the genes department, or not depending on how you look at it! I have applied once without success and i got the feeling that they weren't keen on me because i look so young. I was definately the youngest looking at my assessment day. For me it's not an issue but is it for them? I know they're looking for experience but i want a career and this is the only job that really interests me. I just feel like my looks are hindering me in a big way. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 795 views
  3. x_betty_x
    Started by x_betty_x * ,

    Hi everyone, Right well I'm just in the process of filling in my Durham Constaulary application form and there's a bit that asks about the dates of any other applications to the police. I applied to Northumbria so many years back and failed the papersift. I can't actually remember the year I applied as I've done a million other things since then and moved a few times. Does it have the be exact? Do you think if I rang the Northumbria recruitment people they might know the date? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 502 views
  4. starry
    Started by starry,

    Hi, Ive got my fitness test in 3 Weeks time, and have just tried the Bleep Test It was a Disaster! I only got to level 2!! I didnt think id have to worry about it too much as i thought i was reasonably fit, Ive been going to the Gym for 6 months seriously, but in hind sight i dont think ive been doing enough! Ive been jogging steadily 9.5kph for about 12 mins. Im running out of time!! I feel really de-motivated at the moment

  5. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Working in the city centre and not particularly in need of a maglite, I am looking to buy a small LED torch but I'm not sure where to start looking. I've Heard of LED lenser and theres a few on Ebay but I don't really know what to look for, e.g How many watts and how many LED lights should I have? Would appreciate it if any of you could shed some light on the matter....see what I did there, eh? Thanks ladies and gents.

  6. richard payne
    Started by richard payne,

    Can anyone help me please I sat my Pirt test and had my interview for essex specials last night.........I think the interview went ok, however i messed up on one of the tests....but did well in the other 3. Does anyone know if there is a basic pass mark for the individual tests and what it is?.... i think that if all my scores are added together i would easily achieve 60% overall but i think that my the test i did badly on will only score about 55%.

    • 3 replies
    • 795 views
  7. Panther331546081361
    Started by Panther331546081361,

    Well that letter has finally come through the letter box with the fantastic news that I have passed the assessment centre for Lancashire police. It came early as they said that the letters would not be sent out until week commencing 28th Jan 08. Good luck to any other people who attended the same time as me.

    • 2 replies
    • 629 views
  8. Dave40
    Started by Dave40,

    Hi everyone, back when i was 15 i got arrested and given a police caution, the offence was a school boy prank. Me and some friends stupidly decided to dare each other to take garden ornaments of peoples gardens and mix them up, placing them on other peoples gardens, anyway the result was we were arrested. back at the station we were given a caution for this offence. i was just woundering if this would be a problem for me to get into the police force??? i'm now 21 years of age and i havent been arrested since that night!! but because i was fingerprinted and they took a D.N.A sample, i fear that i have a record and this would stop me joining the police force! Dave40 …

    • 2 replies
    • 519 views
  9. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, i've got my police assessment in a few weeks time and done quite a bit of revision for it this time but would like to brush up a little more in some areas. its too late to book a course now to go on and i've come across a book by peter cox named passing the police assessment and wondered if anyone on here had used it and found it useful and actually passed? Thanks for your input. EDIT....MY TITLE SHOULD BE USEFUL NOT USELESS....SORRY

    • 5 replies
    • 411 views
  10. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I had a call last week from GMP (I applied on 2nd Dec) to let me know that i had passed papersift and I booked an assesment centre date with them for 11/3 at 12.45 - is anyone else from here attending on the same day?

    • 5 replies
    • 317 views
  11. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    Hello, Im fairly new to this forum, so hello to you all (been on ps.com for a few years, but have now passed assessment centre for regs so im starting to post here) I am one of the many currently waiting for a start date. Passed my assessment centre at the end of Oct, have had my fitness test, Occy health and uniform fitting (Nov), and am waiting for my training to start. This waiting is getting on my partners nerves. She want to know whether it is possible to book a holiday at all this year, but not knowing when i am starting makes this near impossible. My question is, are we entitled to any annual leave whilst we are in our training period?? My initial thoughts o…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. Calder27
    Started by Calder27,

    Hello, Just a bit of background information, I'm a 20 year old student, currently doing Mechanical Engineering at university. This isn't interesting me in the slightest at this moment in time, so I'm looking into switching courses. One of my recurring ambitions in life is to join the police and strive for advancement, most probably in the Lothian and Borders Police. So basically what I'm looking into is what degrees would be viewed well by the police, both in initial recruitment and career advancement. I've got a good set of qualifications behind me so there's not really any restriction as to what university or course I could attend. I've been looking at the Crimi…

    • 9 replies
    • 741 views
    Panther331546081361
  13. cegw1
    Started by cegw1,

    Hey guys, Just wanted to know the general fitness of everyone here etc.... on the bleep test I scored 12 and the push/pull was 88kg/90kg... I gym train 5 days a week and ovbiously found it easy..but I want to know how much more I will need for the street etc??!!! ovbiously the fitness test is designed to be pasted and I love working out.. feeling the burn blah blah lol.. any comments etc will be appericated :) chris

  14. mongo
    Started by mongo,

    I applied for Warwickshire Police in April this year, passed the application form stage and I'm now waiting for my A/C. At first they said my A/C December 2007, then February 2008, and now LATE SUMMER 2008! Assuming they don't delay my A/C even further that'll be almost a year and a half of applying and all they've done is mark my form and done a security check. I'm pretty annoyed with this because I'd done loads of preparation for a February A/C. I'm now thinking of applying for West Mids instead. I know that if you fail your application you have to wait 6 months before re-applying, but if I was to cancel voluntarily can I re-apply straight away for another force, or …

  15. phoebe1
    Started by phoebe1 * ,

    Hi, I'm a 16 year old college student whos really keen on joining the police force after college. I have 2 Bs and 3 cs at gcse level (and some other grades lol) but i did get my cs in english but not in maths,so should i be worried?.At the moment i'm doing AS law,sociology and music tech and the law and sociology i am finding really hard and thinking about doing a Btec national in public services instead,is this the right way to go or should i keep at my A levels? I got to be honest i'm not the most academic i prefer practical and i'm more hands on and thats why i think i'm struggling so much with my A levels. I know by the way that there is no formal educational …

    • 3 replies
    • 451 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.