Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ginad
    Started by ginad,

    Anyone due to start training in Tadworth, Surrey in March?

  2. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    o.k i wanna be a police officer but im currently "training" for the assessment day and i know how long it takes to get yer application form done and sent off and then ya have to wait for a date but i was wondering if you have to go through the same process if you want to do voluntary???? do you still have to go thro the selection process? and could i do that while waiting for a date for my assessment day???? I am going out with the met police for one shift to see what its like later in the year.

    • 3 replies
    • 523 views
  3. heather871546620155
    Started by heather871546620155,

    I sat my fitness test yesterday for The West Mids. and I passed. I got 3 minutes and 29 seconds on the circuit and 24kg on the push and pull. I can't believe I have finally passed all the test and now on my way to become the police officer that I so long wanted to be.

    • 2 replies
    • 268 views
    heather871546620155
  4. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    On my interview, I know I will have a question about community and customer focus. I work in customer support and can easily come up with an example for customer focus. If they ask about what I have done within the community I am stumped because I haven't really done anything! Can anybody give me any advice on this?

    Tim in the South
  5. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    I hve to submit my application to West Mercia in a couple of weeks. I was considering using one of these application checking services to go through my answers and give feedback. Anyone done this before? Any recommendations?

    • 6 replies
    • 631 views
  6. dangermouse2
    Started by dangermouse2,

    I have heard that they are doing away with the 5 figure collar number. I know that at the mo, anyone with 5 figure number is seen as a newbie. I think some of our customers and solicitors will find this and treat u so. If they are changing them great cos ill always be known as a newbie.

  7. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hi, Im starting training for Hampshire in the new year and was wondering if anyone had any tips, usefull things to know etc. Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. McCuffit
    Started by McCuffit,

    What sort of timescales have you guys / gals received your a/c results in ? I know it takes 2 weeks from the last day of the week you had your assessment in, but wonder if anyone had had them sooner.

  9. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    HI everyone this is my first time on the oracle.I applied for the stathclyde police and have passed my S.E.T,I got a letter for my fitness and initial interview for next month i also have to do a second interview on the same day as i am living in Dublin and they cant come over to do a home interview.There is so much research that i can do can anybody help me by narrowing it down for me please. ANY ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATTED . YOURS GRATEFULLY MICK

    • 0 replies
    • 494 views
  10. emma821546620147
    Started by emma821546620147,

    Hi all, I was just wondering, what happens if you were to become pregnant while in the force, are you just given office work to do?

    emma821546620147
  11. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    We have just been issued our pocket notebooks and have been told to record everything in them that happens throughout the day even though we are training i.e. if we move to a different location or if someone enters our classroom etc. I can see why we are doing this, to get us use to the rule and so we get into the habit of it out on shift. But I was just wondering how extensively do officers use their notebooks out on shift?

    OldMemberNewName
  12. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all, I will be applying to be a Regular Police Officer with Norfolk when they open their doors. (I am currently a Special for Norfolk). I don't have great qualifications; quite poor infact, but I am able to do my job as a Special and I am a "bright" person if I do say so myself lol. Do you think this would be a problem? Cheers, Stefa

    • 1 reply
    • 441 views
  13. Greenjade
    Started by Greenjade,

    Just wondered if anyone else on the board is in this intake and does anyone have any ideas what king of black footwear we are suppose to be taking e.g boots or flat shoes??

    • 20 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. gary2000
    Started by gary2000,

    Just wondered how many people are waiting to go to the AC for Hampshire, I have heard on the grapevine that there is one coming up on the 5th of February but have not had anything in writing to confirm it at present.

    • 6 replies
    • 616 views
  15. Jay86
    Started by Jay86,

    I'm currently applying for Merseyside and have my medical on the 3rd of March. At the moment I have a casual job where i work a few days a week but a fixed term contract from mid March to June has just come up. The money would be very handy but I don't want to take the job and then leave them in the lurch if I get a start date before then. Having said that, I'm not sure I would get a start date before then anyway what with vetting, the possibility of a final interview etc... Do you think I should just take the job? Can you say no to a start date and get one, say, the month after?

    • 2 replies
    • 425 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.