Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Smiffy1546620146
    Started by Smiffy1546620146,

    Greetings all, I applied for essex police shortly before the deadline of June 25th, may have been about a week before. A friend also applied on the same day. We both then got through the papers to send off for the 'higher development' application, he sent his off about a week before me. About 10 days ago my friend recieved a letter saying he was unsuccessful, and I've yet to recieve anything. With the postal strikes and what not I'm not sure what to read into this. Has anyone else who applied around a similar time heard anything? It is worth me hassling people about my application yet? regards!

    Lenny1546620148
  2. simm
    Started by simm,

    HI I am a near 30yr old male, 6'4 and 110kgs..I am applying for West midlands police force, yet i find this website after i have filled out the application pack Anyway my question is this! I have been unemployed since about 1997 as when i left school i recieved a very bad umbilical hernia, which was always diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome, yet i tried to work and it was crippling me, as it was also bleeding and stank rotten!! I suffered 9 years with this problem too!!i worked as a roofers labourer and other odds and ends..Then i started to suffer headaches (really bad crippling ones), which would keep me bed ridden for days..My doctor put this down to mig…

  3. laaura_smithuk
    Started by laaura_smithuk,

    Hey all im new to the forum and wanted to intorduce myself and ask few questions. i am a fairly new officer and would have beenn in a year at end of january. I started with a few problems with my tutor but that all got sorted and i have now been put on a shift which i have been on for about 2 months. i do not seem to be enjoying work at all and cant seem to figure out why, my shift seem like really nice bunch but i feel that i am asking too many questions as i dont understand things and feel they getting fed up with it. i have seriously considered leaving but its such a major decison and i do not know where to even start.

    • 3 replies
    • 696 views
  4. DavidGat
    Started by DavidGat,

    If you had a phone call while on duty or off duty saying that there was a family member dying , medical emergency or an emergency that was life threatening, if you were off duty and had a personal car with blue lights and sirens and other police hazard equipment would you use them to get to their house quicker or would you use the blue lights all the way and sirens if you had to warn traffic. and if you were on duty and had a police car and you were on your own would you radio a message through to the station control saying what is happening and do the same thing as above? I am asking as I asked on police specials forum and all I got back was a load of abuse and then my…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Hi everyone, I have my assessment day coming up next month and I could really do with some advice on how to prepare for it. Should I have one example for each of the competencies for the interview, or would it be wiser to think of more?. Is there any way to practice role plays?. What can I do to maximise my chances of passing?. Another thing im confused about is the westshire centre pack doesnt seem to give any information about dealing with complaints, what procedures would a customer services officer take when trying to resolve an issue (eg could I say i was going to issue a verbal or written warning?). Also after the a/c how long does the rest of the recruitment pro…

    andy178981546620138
  6. High Tower
    Started by High Tower,

    Heard conflicting information anyone else know for sure?

    • 4 replies
    • 762 views
  7. PCPump
    Started by PCPump,

    Hi folks I start in a couple of weeks and got my uniform this week, less anything that needs my name tailoring on it and my epilettes as they need to heat-print them with my collar number. I know it's a bit pathetic, but I think the printed ones look naff compared to the chromed collar numbers. Firstly, am I allowed to buy/swap them for chrome numbers? Secondly, if so, where can I get some? Thanks for any assistance

    • 17 replies
    • 6.7k views
    Dogs of Blackpool
  8. Greenjade
    Started by Greenjade,

    Just wondered if anyone on the board could recommend any books that maybe helpful for the Mod police training? Many Thanks x

    • 0 replies
    • 646 views
  9. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi all, I contacted West Mids recruitment today, to check on the progress of my application. I passed the assessment centre in September, but haven't had any dates for my medical and fitness. I was told today that I am now on the waiting list for a date for my medical. The person I spoke to didn't seem too sure if this mean't that all the security checks had been completed. Does anyone know if the security checks are ongoing during the medcial and fitness test stages, or is it safe to assume they have all been completed? Thanks Jon

    andy178981546620138
  10. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi can somone please help me with the interview competency based question on "Community and Customer focus" Can someone give me examples of issues relating to community and customer focus so that I can think of the right one to use at the assessment? also please give me examples on Team Working and Personal Responsibility! please reply quick as I don't have enough time to revise for my assessment. Thanks and I'll really appreciate it guys. Shoaib

    andy178981546620138
  11. roz
    Started by roz,

    just curious on this one. I'm in the process of applying and if successful then it's goodbye uni. Does a degree inhance your chances for promotion or do non-grads have just as much chance?

    • 39 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. alt_ctrl_del
    Started by alt_ctrl_del,

    Anyone aware of the type of questions that could be asked after the interview that could catch you off guard so to speak ? I am told that even when the interview has formally finished you may be asked questions making you believe its just a general chat But im told that some have failed due to there response to these questions. Im just curious as to what such questions would be thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 515 views
  13. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    I just wanted to see if anyone else on here had the same doubts i am having at the start of their career. I am just about to enter my tutor phase and im starting to have doubts if the job is for me. To be honest i have no idea why im feeling like this because to date everything as been fine with the training. Also i fully understand what is expected of me i never thought for one minute this would be a stroll in the park job. Any advice guys? Pat

    • 3 replies
    • 584 views
  14. CBNew
    Started by CBNew * ,

    Hi, I start in Jan and need to purcahse boots and shoes ! Any suggestions on the best place to get these ? Thanks

  15. nads
    Started by nads,

    hi, ive just had my assessment, when i finished i was quite confident id done well, but looking back im not sure ive read your only allowed 4 mistakes on the report writing, my spelling was quite good i think, but im not very good at putting commas in the right place. Also i was running out of time so guessed the last 7 question on the numerical part, think the role plays and interviews went well. Feeling so apprehensive, will find out after xmas how ive done, can anyone shed any light on my concerns, ie numerical and report writing (grammer). Much appreciated

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.