Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Situation is i have pretty bad astigmatism in one eye and laser corrective surgery (in this instance) cannot remedy the defect BUT there is alternative surgery that can make my eyes "perfect" circa £4,000 Now i go to the medical wearing glasses and can see fine but without im hopeless I will be proceeding to have corrective surgery which will result in "perfect" vision regardless of my Police application Will that make a difference to the outcome of whether i pass the medical - i think it should?! What is the point on judging someones eyes if surgery can and will repair this? Anyone have any ideas?

    • 2 replies
    • 390 views
  2. rwilmot1
    Started by rwilmot1 * ,

    Hello everyone, I have recently started filling in the police application form online for Suffolk Police and I am getting stuck on the competency questions.. Is anyone else having fun with the application form? I will be searching this forum and other FAQ's so wish me luck!! Richie

    • 4 replies
    • 451 views
  3. Rob L
    Started by Rob L,

    Hi Does anyone know what the “rules†are with having a second job when working as a Police Officer? I have been working at my present employer for nearly 6 years, and have been very open and honest with my police application. They are supportive of my new career move and can understand my drive for a more challenging role. I am on a weeks notice and with the amount of work I am currently under would leave them in deep poop, I work most weekends and would happy to continue this arrangement (certainly during the initial training period) and wondered if this would be frowned upon, completely unacceptable or that it doesn’t matter what I do in my spare time. Any tho…

    • 5 replies
    • 582 views
  4. jolaw24
    Started by jolaw24,

    I have passed the application, a/c, fitness and interview...but does anyone know how many more stages Merseyside has? Is there a second interview? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 389 views
  5. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I've had a book of forms to fill in and take to my medical for vetting so this is probably the first of many questions. It states to take all educational certificates with my securtiy eye medical forms. Why? I didnt think educational qulaifications mattered at all.

  6. ajs2k2
    Started by ajs2k2,

    Hi all Ive got some exams coming up next week and wondered if anybody had or knew of any mock NPIA mock exams. Ideally covering topics like Powers Of Entry and arrest. Road Traffic Act, Public Order, Theft, Burglary and robbery etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Ajs2k2

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Hi, I am waiting for my interview date after passing the assessment centre. And I was wondering do the interviewers take into consideration your qualifications A-levels, degree when marking your formal interview or is it like the A/C where they only take into consideration your performance there and then. Cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 387 views
    carolwar1546620144
  8. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I am due to attend a fitness test at Lincoln on 4th March. I've recently read that some people have to submit forms to OH? I haven't received any type of forms for this sort of thing. The only thing I have received is the attending date. I still have no assessment centre details either...? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow but what about these OH forms? Dean

  9. Dano1546081025
    Started by Dano1546081025,

    Basically I decided to leave my workplace January 20th, and applied for the Police February 1st. Yesterday (Feb 20th) I started a new job, should I let them know? Thanks in advanced.

    • 4 replies
    • 613 views
  10. swiftmint1
    Started by swiftmint1 * ,

    Hi Im a 21 year old student in my final year of uni, and i want to apply to become a police officer once i finish. However i am unsure as to which force to apply for. I have four options: -Surrey -Kent -Hampshire -The MET I was just wondering if anybody has any advice as to which has the best chance of success at the paper sift stage and which force is the best to work for? Cheers

  11. arr0n
    Started by arr0n,

    morning all just going through my app form, and i would like to know if a community service over ten years ago would stop my form from being accepted thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 503 views
  12. kevscot
    Started by kevscot,

    thanks to all who helped me with info. just the fitness and medical to go

    • 4 replies
    • 368 views
  13. KarenT1546620170
    Started by KarenT1546620170,

    hey everyone, I just have a few questions and hoping you can help! On the medical history questionnaire where it asks Has your blood test confirmed immunity to hepatitus B? Well I've never had a blood test so do I just leave it blank or do I need to go for one? Also I had bronchits when I was about 10 (I'm 26 now) Do I need to tick the YES box for this even though it was so long ago?! Also have a question for if I pass the medical and get through to the fitness test! I can only do press ups while on my knees! I can't do it with my whole body weight. (I'm about 9.5 stone) Do you think this may indicate I won't pass the push/pull test?! I carry really heavy boxes at work…

    KarenT1546620170
  14. akacheesy1546620032
    Started by akacheesy1546620032,

    Worth a watch maybe, if you're waiting to hear from Warks. http://onlinenews.warwickshire.police.uk/video/PABudget.wmv http://onlinenews.warwickshire.police.uk/r...PoliceAuthority

  15. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Wheres the best place to get your boots and which ones? Magnum Classics seem pretty popular...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.