Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DumpyStig
    Started by DumpyStig,

    Well.... Got an 'issue' thats arisen in the final stage of my application. Passed eveything - interview, medical, fitness, AC, final fitness and medical - and got a start date. Spoke to HR who rang me and they basically said that something had arisen during the final security checks. They said that they need a record of all out-goings and in-comings of both myself and my partner. I obviously understand the reasons for this, and Im not in any financial trouble now, though have been in the past. They also said that I may have to attend an interview regarding this situation, and it may lead to my application being rejected. Am totally gutted at this prospect and it seems…

    Times_champion
  2. ALEX1546619910
    Started by ALEX1546619910,

    Hi, I have recently passed the asssessment day for Goucestershire Police. I still have the medical and fitness test to do but i have a question. My notice period for my job is 12 weeks. what will is the usual notice period before the 22 wekks training starts? I hope someone can help with this because i cant wait to ditch this job :-) Thanks in advance Alex

    ALEX1546619910
  3. Gemini
    Started by Gemini,

    Well I sat my fitness test for the West Midlands on Monday and passed. I got 3 minutes and 29 seconds on the circuit and 24kg on the push and pull. Can't believe that I have finally done it. I start on the 31st of March. Can someone, please, tell me what happens now and is there any books that I can buy which will help me prepare myself for my start date?

    herewegoagain
  4. SimonReed
    Started by SimonReed,

    Hi, I have my fitness and medical test next week for Gwent. I have some basic questions about the general structure of the day which I'd like some info on.. 1.) Medical : Do you find out on the day you've passed? Will the Nurse/Dr give you some indication of how you've faired? 2.) Fitness : Same question. Do you find out on the day? 3.) With the fitness test, are you all in one big group or do you get seperated into teams for example? Struggling to see how they gauge your individual scores/fitness levels.. 4.) How long does the standard tests last?? 1hr for medical? 3hrs for Fitness say ?? I know I'm probably worrying about nothing he…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    herewegoagain
  5. JackOfDaLaw
    Started by JackOfDaLaw,

    Greetings, I have my final interview with hampshire constabulary on the 25th of march (Oh dear only a couple of weeks, and I am starting to panic!!!) :smiley_notworthy: . I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips please!! And any of you going? And what are your feelings???? Thanks...

    • 1 reply
    • 520 views
  6. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I applied to GMP in december and my my a/c next week. Last year I had some financuial problems which resulted in me hiring a financial advisor to set up payment plans with all the companies I owe money to. A few of them havent accepted the plans and have passed the accounts to agencies which my FA is speaking to now and I am making payments. GMP called me afteer I submitted my application form to clarify my financial situation and my FA sent them all the paperwork for the debt management plan (it isnt an IVA and I have no CCJ's) and they got back a few days later to say it was OK and they were proceeding with the application process. I am getting paranoid again now though…

    Times_champion
  7. JacksDad
    Started by JacksDad,

    Just spoke to Northants recruitment regarding my final fitness test and due to a chest infection, and its been postponed til next week. Thatsa ok, but the other enquiry I made nearly made my bowels loosen!! I asked about the section of the CTC where it asks about any 'significant finacial issues'. I told them that there were arrears on my mortgage (nearly paid off and due to an error on my part) but that it was sorted and an agreement was on-going between me and the mortgage company. There's no CCJ's outstanding or anything like that and am working my backside off to pay off as much as I can before I start. When I told the recruitment advisor this, the silence was VERY…

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  8. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    Just got my letter through to say I passed my final interview! What a relief!!! Just got to get through the medical now and hope that my red/green colour defficiencies arn't a problem (they shouldn't be according to the literature they sent out) Rang recruitment today and it's looking like the end of summer to start which sucks a little bit but don't care!!! Just glad to have done it. Just that medical to go!!!...

  9. cvp
    Started by cvp,

    Hello, just wondering if any of you can help me with something, last year i got arrsested for something i didnt do and after a few months i got released from bail and got an N.F.A. since then i have applied to be a police officer and have declared it on my application form even though i didnt get a caution, so i was just wondering if this would affect my application thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 959 views
    jemz1546620088
  10. Matt90
    Started by Matt90,

    Advice not advance sorry Hi Iam very interested in joining the police and have been to seminars, but i was too young at the time (17) and i am now 18 and studying A-levels (final year), and i was just wondering if there is anything i could do that would put me in a good advantage over others? as i want to apply this year. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 643 views
  11. Spartan_117
    Started by Spartan_117,

    can anybody tell me where to get one from

    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. cazza1546620178
    Started by cazza1546620178 * ,

    Hiya guys I have my assessment for Northumbria tomorrow, feel quite prepared but I am obviously nervous. In the 'Structured Entrance Assessment for Recruiting Constables Holistically' booklet it says I will be tested on personal responsibility, customer focus, teamwork, respect for race and div and comm so I have prepared answers for these. However I am now nervous that they will test me on problem solving even tho it doesn't say, what do you think?

    • 5 replies
    • 509 views
  13. ALEX1546619910

    Hi, I passed the A/C for Glous police an i am wondering if anyone who got through in the last few months has recieved a date for the medical or fitness test yet? Cheers Al

    • 6 replies
    • 654 views
    ALEX1546619910
  14. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I am assuming all A/C's are at Ryton? Where abouts is it? I've got to attend an A/C for Lincolnshire Police and am just wondering how far away it is? (haven't received my pack yet). Dean

  15. adamboy
    Started by adamboy,

    Hi all, and thanks for reading. I'm currently waiting for a A/C date, for kent police, and have recently purchased Ian Hutchingson's book, Police Recruit Selection Process. One thing is really concerning me, I am 18 years old and have been unemployed since finishing A-Levels in 2007. Do you think will count against me, or indeed if they will ask me about my current employment status and what I have been doing? In case you were wondering, I haven't worked because I've been aiming for a job with good prospects and I keep getting knocked back. I feel I might be aiming too high. Thanks for any replies as I really need them.

    • 13 replies
    • 528 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.