Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. adamboy
    Started by adamboy,

    Hi all. I have 2 concerns about the 20-minute structured interview and would be very grateful if you could try and help clear them up. 1) I understand in the interview that they ask you 4 questions, each on one competency. I have come up with a good scenario for each competency and wondered if the situations would apply to any questions given, or could they be worded so that mine does not fit in correctly. 2) My example for resilience is that I got glandular fever a few weeks before my GCSE's and was encouraged by my parents and teachers that I would not be well enough to do them. In the end I decided against it and achieved 11 passes. Is this a suitable example? Than…

    • 9 replies
    • 694 views
  2. London Undead
    Started by London Undead * ,

    Hello all. Ive recently decided to join the police service. The only reason for the Met is because the closest station to me is metropolitan. For anybody thats in it can you answer me some questions please. When do the MET usually recruit for a regular police constable? How would i get my hands on a application form ? Will the MET be to hard a force to handle at 18. And should i look at the kent police force which have a station near me also? Is it worth going in the police cadet force for a year before applying to the Regulars seeing as i'm only 17? Will i be accepted with only having GCSE'S and only leaving school at 16?

    • 5 replies
    • 603 views
  3. wil_bris
    Started by wil_bris,

    Looking for advice and information. I am currently a serving police officer with the Queensland Police Service in Australia. I have been an officer for over 15 years. I am interested in applying to live and work in London with the Metropolitan Police Service. Are there any plans or strategies to employ current serving officers from a Commonwealth country?

    • 0 replies
    • 368 views
  4. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    Can anyone let me know how long the fitness day will last for? I have a time of 10.30. What time would I expect to be finished (approx)? Got it this Tuesday (4th)!!! Dean

    herewegoagain1546620183
  5. Anthony Smith
    Started by Anthony Smith,

    I have seen the topics at the top of the site and am currently working my way through the points. However I have heard a thousand tips and was wondering if anyone has been through the GMP process lately. I am not from the manchester area (Mersyside) and will be living in cheshire, Which area should I concentrate on for the area that I want to work in? HELP!!!!!!

    • 12 replies
    • 749 views
    Paul C1546620148
  6. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    in the work that i do i should really have the jab done! will they check at the medical if i am imunised or does the doctor do that????

    • 8 replies
    • 552 views
    jemz1546620088
  7. Simon T
    Started by Simon T,

    I am aware thet you are informed (and even sign to the effect) that you will be posted where required once you are accepted. However I know from others who have started their service that they are usually assigned to a division within travelling distance from their current home - and therefore do not have to move house. My situation is that I want to move house (still within the force area but to the other side) but am waited until I (fingers crossed) am accepted as I want to stay close to my current place of employment until then. So do I tell recruitment this? If I do will they place me close to the area I want to move to rather than assuming that I want to stay clo…

    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
  8. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    in the role play exercises,what happens after 5 mins if you havent solved the problem? do they just say "times up" or something along those lines? also,what if you solve the problem before the 5 minute time limit? do you leave the room or wait to be told?

    • 6 replies
    • 864 views
  9. KarenT1546620170
    Started by KarenT1546620170,

    Hey everyone I was just wondering do the Thames Valley do a foundation degree or NVQ?

    • 3 replies
    • 995 views
    KarenT1546620170
  10. green8
    Started by green8,

    I have been in the police force for just under two years and therefore am still in my probation period. Everything was going well unitl i developed an illness which has kept me off work for the past 5 months. I have been told that with treatment i will be healthy again but maybe only enough for an office job not front line policing. My probation has been extended as i am due to return very shortly. My illness is covered by the DDA and i just wondered if anyone has had any experience of this or know of anyone who has? Would appreciate any feedback on what would be likely to happen if i couldnt return to front line. Cheers

  11. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    I've re-submitted my application, to be a SPECIAL CONSTABLE - I reckon that'll give me a better insight in how I want to go about things. But I have a question. - Do SC perform the exact same tasks as PC's when it comes to patrolling, working etc? - Is it a case of working when you want? - I know it's voluntary, and for that reason, do the PC's look down on SC? - Can you tell the difference on the streets? (For example, rank of shoulder?) Thank you Darren.

    • 12 replies
    • 905 views
  12. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    i saw someone asking which force was the most difficult to get through, timewise anyway, which seemed to be south england. i have a question, in your opinion, which force in england are quick with the whole recruitment process? i have a friend who believes this to be the met. is this true? as far as waiting times go etc, what force would you say has a speedy recruiting process? from application to training date? me.

  13. Gouldilocks
    Started by Gouldilocks * ,

    Yippee, got my letter yesterday to say i had passed my AC for D&C. Really thought i had blown it, was so nervous that i could hardly write when doing the written proposals and didn't think i got enough info down!! Fitness and medical next- only a few weeks away! Interested to hear from others who attended the AC on 1st March?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Gouldilocks *
  14. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    I have my a/c on march 20th,and if im good enough to pass would obviously have to attend a fitness test and medical etc. what im wondering is, should i wear a suit for these or is it a less formal affair? i was thinking that i would suit up anyway(if i get that far) as i think it makes for a good impression. any views from past attendees would be gratefully received.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
    KarenT1546620170
  15. GJgiraffe
    Started by GJgiraffe,

    Hi, Just informed my current employer that I have my AC in March. I asked for the time off, but the manager is being less than helpful. Apparently it's not important to Him and that I'm not guaranteed the time off. Now I assumed that an employer was required to give time off for interviews etc and at worse it would be taken from my holiday entitlement. Any advice would be appriciated Thanks GJ

    herewegoagain1546620183

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.