Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gooner_Nut
    Started by Gooner_Nut,

    Just a quick hello really.... Bin hanging around the forum for a while (as a guest visitor), but now that I have been accepted into the Met Police, I thought it was time to join officially and say HI.... Whilst I have been told by the Met that my file is complete, my circumstances prevent me from joining immediately. I am in the military and as a consequence have to give 'minimum notice' to leave - great after 24 years service; you'd thought they couldn't get rid of me quick enough!! Anyway, I have a couple of questions to start off with - and I'm sure many more will follow! 1. Are the Met doing the NVQ/Foundation Degree course? If so, which one? 2. Once I get m…

  2. daviduk_50
    Started by daviduk_50,

    Hi, I recently recieved the news that i had passed the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process. Ive just a quick question regarding the vetting process of the application. Will the fact that i live with 4 other people hinder my application. They all have no conviction (not even for speeding) and all of their finances are in order. Was just wondering if the shere number of people in the household would affect my application? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 637 views
  3. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Just in the Met vetting stages at the moment..basically the met asked me if my parents were together which they aren't so i provided them with their new partners details. The only question i have, is that my mums partner was arrested for breach of the peace in 2000, would this be a problem? everyone else, including myself obviously are clear of any arrests/convictions. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 678 views
    jemz1546620088
  4. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone know when Merseyside are recruiting and are they recruiting internally?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Kopite1546619987
  5. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    I am still waiting for a date for the fitness, medical, and Interview. I found out i passed the assessment around valentines day?. regards Stu

    • 5 replies
    • 328 views
  6. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    I've noticed that there may be some slight differences between scotland and england when it comes to the recruitment process, so if there are any serving Strathclyde officers kicking about could you maybe give me a heads up on what to expect from the SET?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Hi All I 1st Applied to Derbyshire in July last year and in October 2007 I was informed I had passed to papersift. After a harsh bleak winter hearing nothing I have finally been given my A/C date - and its only 5 weeks away! Just seems to be happening so quickly after not hearing a thing for so long... but i'm not complaining! Two things i'd like to ask though please: 1. Would you recommend a course prior to my A/C and if so, which one? 2. I am going to wear a suit/ shirt and tie on the day, is this ok or overdressed? Thanks in advance A very exciting but at the same time nervous time ahead......... W

    • 6 replies
    • 358 views
    Wiley1546620145
  8. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Hi all I have been given my A/C date at long last. Hopefully all being well I will pass all stages. I just want to clarify (as I have heard some horror stories on here) that now I have been given an A/C date and passed papersift all the other checks have been carried out? I dont have any convictions at all (even a speeding/parking ticket yet have had a licence for 8 years) and am financially sound. So would these checks have all been completed? I dont want to pass it all any get ready for a new career just to be rejected for unknown reasons. We have post coming to our home address sometimes in various names so I just hope our house isnt blacklisted or something! (…

    • 4 replies
    • 912 views
    Wiley1546620145
  9. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I have just passed my A/C, yippe!! Now is there anyone out there from Sussex who has just started student course or is about to?? What's it like??

    • 0 replies
    • 566 views
  10. herewegoagain
    Started by herewegoagain,

    'The next intake is 12th May - is that ok for you?' The most exciting words I've ever heard! Bring it on! Thank you everyone for your support and all the best to everyone who is still looking suspiciously at family/friends/questioning everything they've ever done

    • 3 replies
    • 543 views
  11. jamie r
    Started by jamie r,

    Passed the A/C with 65%. Had a phone call today but wont get the breakdown until later on this week. Just a big thankyou to everyone involved with this site. For 5 days before my A/C I crammed like never before and did a lot of research here. The advice here was invaluable.

    • 7 replies
    • 585 views
  12. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    heya all, may have seen me popping in and around the different forums, basically trying to get a leg up on any questions and procedures that get thrown my way throught the recruitment process.. basically I am now wondering if they are goin to say that I'm not really old enough for the police. I was literally 19 a few weks ago.. at the minute I am a shift manager for mcdonalds so have a bit of experience in being in a management and people management role but as a police officer they may feel I am a bit to young. also if in an interview, if i get asked a question like "do you think your age can affect your work?" what sort of answers could I come out with.. thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 802 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  13. Bud86
    Started by Bud86,

    Hi there I am a newbie who has been looking into joining for a few years now and the time has come. I will cut to the chase, I had filled out my application form recently for the Strathclyde Force but then realised that it is available to fill out online. Being a perfectionist and self-hater of my own hand-writing I have been trying to fill it out as I had downloaded the form, but how on earth do I get the writing tool for an Adobe PDF document? I double click until my fingers wither away but I just dont know how to put my details onto the form. Thanks for taking the time to help a future P.C! Bud

  14. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    hello all, I am right at the start of the application process, however doing my homework for after my success (i hope). I am applying to the Met, which would mean moving home, I don't have a problem with this as a change of location will do me some good. Does anyone know of any good agents that deal with lettings in London - I have done a google search, however this chucks up the national sites - which tend to think London is in Birmingham. Ta

    • 1 reply
    • 740 views
  15. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    Has anyone else got their West Mids Assessment Centre on the 16th April?? Any advice?! Just worried about the Maths test really... im not good without a calculator!! Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 370 views
    herewegoagain1546620183

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.