Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. simm
    Started by simm,

    Guys and gals I applied to west-midlands force around 2mths ago, and i called them up after they sent me a letter asking for photos and dimensions of my tattoos..I called them 3 weeks ago and was told that they marked my tattoos on a scoring system (is this right) and that they look fine and passed...Yet why ask for my tattoo pics before sifting my application forms, or was that done in the week before my tattoo pic request??? Opinions please!! Also how long should i expect to wait for results of application??? Thanks

  2. olimorgan
    Started by olimorgan,

    Has anyone else been given this date for their assessment centre? Been so long since I found out I passed the papersift that I've forgotten everything about whats involved in police assessment centre, need to start revising for it again. As well as for my finals in my degree.

    • 3 replies
    • 271 views
    Wiley1546620145
  3. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    right, put my application in on the 9th January.. not heard a thing yet, getting really worried. I know there is a big backlog for GMP at the moment so that kinda explains it a little but I am soooo nervous it is unbelievable.. an one got any idea what the waiting time is at the minute?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    I failed my push and pull by 5kgs each i now have a new date to re sit the test in 3 weeks. i have joined a gym is it possible to improve my upper body strength to the required level in this short space of time?

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
  5. geordiepaul
    Started by geordiepaul,

    Hi all, I currently work as a cso and have been looking to join my current force as a Police Officer for a while now. I put in an application form last year but my examples scored at c and d and was well below standard. The same examples were used to pass my fire service application, my air support unit application and my custody investigating officer application. I am a little confused as to how I can get C's and D's for the same answers when they were good enough for other roles in the same organisation. Since my application I have completed a diploma in criminology and will hopefully be receiving a chief superintendents commendation in the next few weeks, not sure…

    • 3 replies
    • 553 views
  6. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    topic

    • 5 replies
    • 659 views
  7. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, im waiting on my medical date at the moment. But just wanted some other peoples opinion on my jaw. I broke it 4 years ago and had to have it plated in 2 places. It has never caused me any problems and i play footbsll weekly and get knocked on the jaw a bit. But im just a bit worried it will hinder me at my medical. Anybody any views, thanks Karl.

    • 1 reply
    • 402 views
  8. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    Kicked off with the role plays, and I must say I underestimated just how hard they are! I've worked for years in customer service, and talking to new people. Good communication skills etc. But I found the issues very hard, and the format was tough. The questions that I asked would have prompted a good response in a real situation, but because it wasn't in their script, I got one word answers which cut the dialogue flat. I managed to completely solve one of them to a good end, solved another to a decent end, but not great. One was mostly a disaster, and the forth I handled ok, but the assessor's phone rang! He was very apologetic afterwards. Interview went ok. Quickest …

  9. nikstar101
    Started by nikstar101,

    Hello. I just got my Assessment Centre date from the Met, and it is on a date when i am in Canada! So they have given me a form that says: 1) Yes i can attend 2) No i cannot attend + reason 3) I wish to withdraw my Application. Now has anyone else not been able to make the assessment centre date and have the Police Service allowed you change it (and given you a reasonable alternative date)? As i don't want to tick option two and they end up binning my application because "i wasn't dedicated enough". I will probably phone the HR people tomorrow to discuss but any views would be much appreciated. Nick

    • 5 replies
    • 654 views
  10. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi guys just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I took my a/c for northants on 6 march and think i have done terrible reason being this is my second a/c day and i failed the first time around with 59% for a different force and then transfered my app to northants, anyway just took my a/c and on the letter it said they will call you with the results no later then 7 days from your attendence at the centre. i am still waiting and it will be 2 weeks tommorrow, i did phone them on friday and they said they had not received the results and when the do they will phone me. i know i am going on but i am still waiting and i feel its because i got a fail is anyone e…

    • 8 replies
    • 379 views
  11. BigDog
    Started by BigDog,

    Hi everyone, I'm Tim and I've just received my letter this morning, saying that I'll be called forward for A/C, Cumbria Police. I gravitated to this site after following advice from an old mate from my Army days, he's been a Police Officer for about 8 years now, West Mercia. Anyway, I've had a good look round and found some of the info really interesting, all my immediate questions have been answered and I'm reasonably happy. I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead and, having read what's to come, wishing everyone else in my position all the best.

    • 4 replies
    • 347 views
    herewegoagain
  12. arr0n
    Started by arr0n,

    g-day folks near completion of my application form my 3 year old decided to show me her artistic abilities, . what i would like to know is can i get another copy of this form for beds police or have i got to attend a metting again thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 472 views
  13. iinatalieii
    Started by iinatalieii,

    Just passed my medical for GMP. So everything is done on my part. Does anyone have any ideas on how long i'll have to wait for a start date. There is an intake on the 27th May, do you think I'm being realistic setting my sights on starting then or shall I hold out for September start date?? Thanks for any advice.

    • 4 replies
    • 514 views
  14. tempest
    Started by tempest,

    Within the application form, it asks for grades for your qualifications, which you will no doubt have to prove if you make it to the interview. Although I have my diploma's, I cannot find my cerficate for my GCSE's (some 15 years old). How would I approach getting them replaced? ...who do I contact (education council or examing board?)... Any help would be appreciated! Regards.

  15. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Right, since I left school in 2006, I'v had three pretty serious job's, but always wanted to become a police officer, but bearing in mind the starting age was 18 I had to try to earn as much as possible, I know three is a lot for two years and I am not sure that my reasons for leaving will be accepted ? Left school to work for RAC Autowindscreens, I worked there for nine months on a Apprenticeship but realizing my love for the Police was greater than a future of fitting windscreens for the rest of my life I left, for which I joined a job which had better pay and no future . I worked as a Warehouseman for Howdens Sidcup, which until four months later was fine but travel…

    • 5 replies
    • 859 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.