Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, Yes I have almost completed the initial classroom training and am due out on my tutor phase from the 31st (can't wait). However had very little communication with tutor sgt (unit now disbanded) and was wondering are we all throw in the deep end from day 1? With no tutor unit means straight on shift which I have no issue with but would have liked the opportunity to speak to my tutor prior to start of tutor phase. Is this common in others forces or just Northumbria? Cheers Jeff
-
I would just like to start off by saying Congrats to all you guys!!! It is a long process to overcome and I wish you all the best! Hopefully I will be joining you soon! Fingers crossed. By now you should of picked up your uniform and attended the meeting on Tuesday night just gone @ Tally Ho! I should of been there too guys but life seems not to go right for me! Please read my story below......Once again I hope to see you soon. Hopefully I will be able to get a start date for the 12th May now... Its Ant by the way. Here is my story! Can anyone help me? I have been going through the process to join West Midlands police for over 2years now. I finally completed the proc…
-
What eqipment do new recruits get issued at the beginning? Just curious on this because surely most of your kit will stay at station....? So why take it home? Also, I've heard a rumour that we have to buy our own boots? If so, what would you reccomend? Any other bits of kit (eg torches, go faster stripes etc) that we may need to purchase? Any handy hints or help would be greatly apreciated Cheers, Steve
-
Came back from my a/c today... I think I blew it on a few things... the maths question I ran out of time on and I wasn't warned that I only had 5minutes left like on written tests! (answered maybe half-ish....) Written statements were the first thing we did and I was very nervous so my first statement was a little scuffy! And my first role play I was a little shocked how full on they are... so my mind went blank and I paused and mumbled alot through the first one, I didn't do that badly for the rest although I only reached a conclusion with two. My interview was ok I spose.... hard to tell tho.... I would rate my chances 50/50 after my maths muck up! Does the maths t…
-
Anyone due to start training in Tadworth, Surrey in March?
-
- 40 replies
- 4.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I recently applied for, was offered and accepted a contract position with one of the police forces, subject to basic vetting. I am not a police officer, but work in IT as a consultant, however I was still subject to the same checks (I think). I was stunned when I heard that I "failed" the basic vetting and the person I was due to be working for would not even discuss it with me - I recieved an email telling me the outcome, yet my subsequent call & voicemail were not answered. I have no criminal record, and I passed CRB checks a couple of years ago in order to carry out voluntary work in a care home. I have previously worked for banks and for an airline where …
-
Hi Just passed the AC for West Midlands so waiting for Fitness and Medical. The only concern about the medical is that i have flat feet. I regualry go running and spend alot of time on my feet and it causes to problems for me. Just wandering if this is going to cause any problems?? When i was younger i saw a specialist so its going to be on my medical records. Dan
-
Hi all, I submitted my third police application form on Friday, fingers crossed. Hopefully I will get some positive feedback soon. Anyone else recently applied to TVP? if so how long did you wait befroe you heard anything. I'm anticipating about three months...but hopefully sooner. cheers
-
Hi everyone, The date is finally here, well almost. I start on Monday the 17th of March and can't wait. My boots are rather shiny (Spit and polish), and have completed my pre-reads/studies and am looking forward to getting stuck in. Have done quite a bit of work on my first lecture, which will be delivered in week 3 and can't wait now to get to my Station. There is always something to look forward to, although I am not really looking forward to 'death by powerpoint', but if they want to pay me to sit in a classroom, who am I to complain. I have been made aware that there are 13 pay periods for police officers (Every 28 days). Can anyone explain the rationale behind…
-
Hey, still waiting for my a/c results, however it occurred to me the other day that i have left out a previous rented address off my application form . It was done purely by accident, if i do pass my a/c shall i contact recruitment immediately? Could this be a big problem for me?? Would appreciate any advice guys. cheers.
-
hi folks, found out last year that i failed in my application, on the upside i was told i was borderline in this, and failed only because i never mentioned a couple of things. fair enough. i applied in august, and was told to wait a year before re-applying. im just wondering how specific this year i have to wait is, i applied last august, so can i apply this august, any date, or should i contact them and ask exactly when i can re-apply? small question i know, but i knew there were a few folk here who have re-applied and could probably help me out on this. cheers me.
-
Can anyone help? around 5 years ago i was working as a shop manager and one of my employees served a trading standards test purchaser alcohol, this ended up with both myself and my area manager in court. We were given a 12 month conditional discharge and a fine which the company paid. 1. do i include this on my application form? 2. Will this flag up on the vetting check? I have since applied for a personal licence to sell alcohol and this was granted
-
- 4 replies
- 468 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if Cleveland is 60% or do they accept people with 50% pass mark?? Cheers :)
-
After almost 1 and half yrs of joy, pain, is he?, isn't he?, appeals and tests I have finally received my elusive offer letter. 1# of Training : 7th April. Hasn't sunk in yet to be fair. I remember registering on this forum back in 06' thinking it was all over. How much has happened since then is crazy! Going home later to enjoy my celebratory bottle of wine I received 2yrs ago for passing my A/C haha - a little overdue but the maturing won't have done an ounce of harm Yay me !!! Wooo Hooo !!SimonReed2008-03-07 11:04:39
-
- 5 replies
- 469 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Spoke to HR this morning and they said that (pending references) Im down for induction day on Thursday 10 April.... (awaiting written confirmation, naturally...) Anyone else got an induction date? And also... what actually happens on it? One step closer....