Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. drummerlozza
    Started by drummerlozza,

    Hello i'm new to this forum but i thought i would just ask if anyone has applied to Cleveland Police? I am still waiting to hear back from the paper sift stage (closing date for applications was 30/06/07) and i wondered if anyone else had any news to date?

    • 29 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. bonbon1546620100
    Started by bonbon1546620100 * ,

    Hello, I'm considering a move to GMP. Can anybody provide any information no matter how good or bad pertaining to your experiences of the tranfer procedure (inparticluar the interview - questions etc) and then the general working conditions - Shift patterns etc. I've noticed from a number of pervious posted topic that GMP aren't the best to work for. Many Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Got an email today to invite to me the A/C. I took this to mean I had passed the paper sift so emailed them to check and indeed I have. Apparently the letters in the post. So, have the A/C in about 6 weeks time. So, it seems to be pretty quickly moving. That'll be about 8 or 9 weeks from submitting application to the A/C - seems pretty quick to some other applicants waiting times. Time to start preparing for that now.......

  4. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    hi all, ive got my a/c at ryton on march 20th and im struggling to come up with a good teamworking example for the stuctured interview. ive never really played team sports so im drawing a blank. is it ok to use work or are they looking for something outside of work? any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. also is anyone else at ryton on the same date from derbyshire?

    • 3 replies
    • 455 views
  5. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    does anyone know if there is a final interview for derbyshire constabulary? and also,can anyone tell me what the pass mark is for the a/c?

  6. Dave25UK
    Started by Dave25UK * ,

    Hi I am thinking of joining as a special whilst at university, before joining properly when i leave, but I used to smoke cannabis, is this going to stop me?

    • 9 replies
    • 827 views
  7. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    i put my application in in december, i know that it obviously takes a long time for the whole recruitment phase but does anybody have any idea how long it normally takes to hear some sort of feedback from the application?

  8. bigreddog
    Started by bigreddog * ,

    This is my first post - new poster, but long time lurker on these forums Here's the deal. I've applied to Uni for 2009, effectively leaving me with a year to work, travel or drink myself into numerous stupors. Instead of doing a 'traditional' gap year, I'd like to join the local Constabulary (Lancashire) as a Police Constable as it's something I've always thought quite seriously about doing after University. I intend also to continue as a Special Constable for the three years it'll take to complete my degree. My question is; is it wrong for me to ask the Police to invest in me their time and money when, conceivably, they will only get one year's work out of me in the i…

  9. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    Anyone else had trouble tracking down anyone who wasn't a family member who has known you for 5 or more years? I'm having trouble finding one nevermind two.

    • 6 replies
    • 815 views
  10. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Hiya guys, Just found out that I passed my A/C for Leicestersire police this week god thought I could relax but, realised more to come as next stage F.I.B so, nervous now. Anyone got any tips?

    • 2 replies
    • 372 views
  11. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    I have applied for the police in the past when I was working in retail but sadly didn’t get past the paper sift. I am now 25 and a prison officer in the West Midlands and have attended the West Mercia recruitment event. Any former prison officers that have moved to the police or vice versa? How did you find the change? Thanks Jac

    • 4 replies
    • 942 views
  12. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    Dunno if anyone has any idea about this, bit of a funny one. I'll give you some background first. Was driving back to the Barracks I was staying at from another Barracks where I was working. Going along the duel Carrige way at 60 when at the peak of a hill road works started. There was a 40 sign in place just after the peak of the hill so I Slow down but was still speeding well past the sign so as not to slam on the anchors and have the cars behind me in my back seats. I was given 3 points for speeding as was half of the local population (or anyone driving that day) of course a big fuss was kicked up over this, and it was implied that the officers who were recording spe…

  13. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    Is there a blood test? I know it might be a silly question to ask and if you could see me and my Tattoo's you wouldn't think I was scared of needles. But I had a really bad blood test taken by someone who I swear was a cleaner who went into the wrong room, and since then I've had a phobia of having any bloodwork done.

  14. Bobbbbbbb
    Started by Bobbbbbbb,

    ive heard that there is a question on the application form about sick days. what is the acceptable amounts of sickness. ive never gone sick from work through illnes, nor have i decided to just throw a sickie, but have had sciatica twice in the last four years. do they have a set number of days? or a bradford scale rating? or is it to find out who throws a sicky on a monday after a boozey weekend? as my days of "sick" have been once for 2 weeks, and and another for 3 weeks, but i only work 4 nights a week so that is 20 days off in 3 years. and is there a space to include extra info about sickness? as i had been given specific excersises to sort out the problem in my …

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    I have my big day tomorrow [11th Feb] and the nerves are starting to settle in! I've worked on Roleplays and Interviews but the written side of it im still keen to practice more on, so if anyone out there has any good fake report topics for me to practice on [if you are familiar with the west shire pack even better]. With the Role plays, are the majority pretty much you dealing with complaints and trying to find suitable solutions etc? Many thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 481 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.