Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. trev181
    Started by trev181,

    Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of applying to Devon and Cornwall. I have passed the application form stage and am now waiting for a test centre date (which seems to be taking forever!). I was just wondering how many other people are trying/have/are going to apply for Devon and Cornwall it will be interesting to see what stage everyone is currently at.

  2. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Hi everyone, Im still waiting to hear back from recruitment regarding my application. Im thinking positive and starting to prepare for the assessment centre. Ive been browsing the web for books to help in my preperation. However, I think my head is about to explode with the amount of books that are available and deciding which ones to purchase (already have 'how2become'). Im concerned about purchasing a book which could be out of date or doesnt cover the relevant bases! Can anyone recommend books for: PIRT TEST ROLE PLAYS/INTERVIEW Thanks in advance guys/gals.

    • 9 replies
    • 897 views
  3. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I got all my paperwork through today for the assesment centre on 11th March and I was wondering what I could expect in terms of dates and the order of the next stages assuming (big assume!) I pass the A/C. I know that GMP have a fitness test, final interview and medical but in what order do these come and what kind of timescale would I be looking at? Also can anyone who has passed GMP recruitment and been given a start date advise how long this is? Basically if I applied on 2nd Dec last year and if everything goes right, what kind of time would I be starting?

  4. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    tell us about a specific time when you had to consider other peoples diversity needs Hi, I am filling in the application form for a Special, and I am stuck on this question. Can anyone give me a general tip or example to point me in the right direction. Do you think I could use helping disabled person for this question? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 347 views
  5. Pendo
    Started by Pendo * ,

    I'm going to be signing up for the Royal Marines in about a year. So I was wondering, if I got a few years of militray experience under my belt, would this make it easier for me to join the armed response? Cheers in advancee.

    • 2 replies
    • 385 views
  6. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    I've just passed my assessment centre and I'm getting ready for my in-force interview. I've been worried about ym BP recently but I think I just get white coat syndrome and was put on a 24 hour BP monitor to determine my true BP. I think it will come back fine. My problem is that I have red/green colour deficiencies. I can see colour fine and live a normal life but I can see the colour number test things that normal eye sight cannot and I can't see the ones that normal eye sight can! I know that it's just monochromats who are not allowed to join but I'm just a bit panicky as I've been waiting for this since I first applied in June and I'd hate to fall at the final hurdle…

    • 8 replies
    • 768 views
  7. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    right, its this. i want to apply NOW! for the police. waiting is doing my big old nut in, the reason im waiting is that i dont have a licence, i want a licence,and am doing my lessons. my question is this. all in all the process of applying and getting job is one year right, so should i just apply now, and work hard at getting my licence before my year is up? im not really a fan if the idea of waiting until i have my full licence before i apply. what do you peoples think? you've all been pretty damn helpful so far! (genuinly) stephen.

  8. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    I ya friends has anyone else got there fitness on thursday the 21st of feb.I am travelling over from Ireland so if anybody has a bit of advice on the fitness or initial interview would be much appreciated. REGARDS Michael Mc Fadden

    • 2 replies
    • 405 views
    carol25scotland
  9. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    I know that you cannot reapply after a fail for 6 months, but is this is just for that particular force or UK Police as a whole? And is it from the date the failed letter is received? Also Is it correct I cannot apply for multiple forces at once? And if that is true how could they enforce/know about people applying for multiple forces at one time. Thanks

  10. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Maybe a very basic question to answer so here goes The Beep starts at cone 1 yes, does the next beep occur at cone 2 or do you have to go to cone 2 and back to cone 1 before the second bleep hope that makes sense and i hope im wrong lol Im hoping its one bleep to cone 2 then another to cone 1 etc etc can anyone confirm ta

  11. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Hi Anyone going to Ryton on 6th Feb, 08.20 start? I think that I've covered everything but I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I confess to asking myself that question - "what if.....?" I must be saying this over and over in my sleep!! I have to admit that I am now mentally and physically spent! My family are saints for putting up with me going on and on about the same thing for what seems like a lifetime. They have been very good at finding "very important things to do" when I'm having an histerical 'letting off steam' outburst. Hows everyone else getting on? Not long to go now - thanks goodness!!!!

  12. Hterag
    Started by Hterag,

    Hi, I passed my Assesment day which was on the 25th of Jan. Did anyone else attend at Sedgley Park (GMP) in the morning? I received my LETTER on Monday, how nervous!!, but I scored ok 68%. Just need to get the other interview done, but how long that will be is anyone's guess (unless of course anyone knows out there?) I think this is a really good site.

    • 2 replies
    • 955 views
  13. zsfb115
    Started by zsfb115 * ,

    I recently took part in the NPIA A/C and felt it went shockingly awful. It has nearly been two weeks since i did it and so am getting mighty nervous! Does anyone know what kind of order the police let people know wether they have passed or failed? I keep trying to tell myself that they might tell all the people who have failed first and then move on to the people who have passed but I think I am just kidding myself!

    • 2 replies
    • 456 views
  14. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone know where I can download the bleep test for free?

    • 4 replies
    • 424 views
  15. parki0510

    Hi I am new to the forum and was wondering if any one has heard back from papersift. I have just found out I have passed and would like any help or info regarding the pre-interview which is the next stage. Also why it is done before the A C as other forces seem to do it when you go to the A C. Any info that you can give me would be appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 391 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.