Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi Just come back from my AC with West Midlands Police. Although it wasn't as bad as i expected and went quite quickly, i screwed it up. Got my interview questions completely the wrong way around, couldn't beleive i screwed it up so badly. This put me off and i didn't manage to get through my other questions as well. I also stumbled through loads of the role play constantly having nothing to say. I feel like such an idiot. I would like to blame something or someone else, but i just cant, no one to blame except myself. I did plenty of studying and even attended a course just about the AC. I'm only 21 (well will be in a few weeks), so not the end of the world or anythi…
-
I am 29 and although not totally unfit (i walk a fair bit and would say im above average strength-wise) I have to admit I havent really ran anywhere at all for around 10 years, and havent really played any sport since basketball at uni. Anyway, as soon as I heard I had passed papersift for GMP I started a training programme of at least 30 mins on the treadmill each day (steep gradient and fast walking, 4.3mph) and free weights of 10kg/sit-ups/press-ups every other day. This is all going fine and I can see a difference (and im also dieting!) until about 4 weeks ago I decided to vary my treadmill work with a 30 min job 2/3 times a week. The first few times this went fine an…
-
Hi all! Am new to this forum and was seeking some advice. Have got my transfer interview with West Mercia next month and was seeking some help. Having not sat a board the last time i attended a structured interview was way back at centrex! Has anyone attended an interview with West Mercia? Is it like the centrex, tell me when you have last dealt with an issue regarding etc etc? Or is it like Avon and Somerset where they ask you about the force, its varying policies and districts etc? Also do you think its best i where my uniform or is a smart suit a better alternative? All advice welcome! Regards Dave
-
As i havent had a point of contact to ask this in the met, i phoned duties today to ask can i book holiday before transferring and he lady said this was correct. She said they would 'honour' all booked leave, i would just like to hear from anyone else who has been in this situation. What i dont want to happpen is for me to book a holiday only to be told i cant have it. thanks in advance
-
Hi Just found out today that i passed the AC. No idea how this happened i convincied myself that i had failed as i performed so badly on the day. Anyway just wandering when my references will be contacted, im applying to West Midlands Police?
-
Hello everyone, I've been reading through a few topics and I can't seem to find something that answers my question and rather than struggle along and not post, I thought what the hell, you all seem nice and helpful so why not post and stop being shy. After leaving my job in November, I began doing temporary admin work for approx. 3 weeks until Christmas. I would like to know if I need to put down the agency I was being paid by, or the two individual companies I worked for on the application form or do I not say anything as it was temporary until I started my new permanent role as an assistant accountant in January? Thanks in advance for any help. Danielle
-
Hi all I passed my assessment centre back at the tail end of last year and was asked to forward on the security forms and what not which I did. I then received an email one day last week asking me to provide 2 references (I put the wrong ones on my form). Both of these people told me that they had sent the references off on Monday morning. I then received a letter today dated 5th March informing me that after careful consideration my application has been rejected and due to DPA no reason can be given. I should have no problems financially - no loans, store cards or debts apart from my car finance. I have never been in trouble with the law and neither have my parents.…
-
Sorry if this has been touched on before but i've read several people saying they were given a start date, had their uniform fitting etc then just a couple of weeks before they are due to start had a letter saying their application is unsuccessfull due to failing the final Vetting checks before starting. Surely this can't be quite right as you would have already handed in your notice at your current job and then in theory be jobless! Lots of employeers wouldn't take back you resignation as most likely already found your replacement. Can anyone shed light on this?
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, Just wanted to know if you have exams for each module of training or if its assignment based? Cheers Al
-
does anybody know what the crinamal record checks involve, thanks
-
I applied with Lancashire Constabulary last year and got down to the assessment stage only to fail by 3%. Now i'm planning to apply again at the next intake (which is September sometime i believe?) and learning from my friends failure at interview i thought i would once again seek advice on here. My friend is currently a special and failed on the final interview stage this last time because he didn't have enough knowledge about the local area in terms of minorities and other similar aspects. He has put this down to a little bit of complacency on his part as he though the fact he was a special meant he would have it in the bag. In his feedback it was suggested that he …
-
- 3 replies
- 485 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All I passed my assessment day in November 07, since then I have had a medical and my checks are going through. I only scraped through with the minimum pass mark, does that mean I will be on the bottom of the priority intakes and others with a better pass mark will sale through? I am 24, lived in the UK all my life and worked constantly since I left school at 16. No running’s with the police (got 6 points but this was declared from the start) and have not had any financial issue (apart from hitting my over draft for a few days) how long do you think I would need to wait? I have been out on observations a few times and each time has been a real eye opener. The onl…
-
I have two cautions and a speeding ticket, will this ruin my chances? My first is for Criminal Damage, where I was stood next to a road sign that was broken. I saw the people who did it earlier, with their roller blades but I couldn't recognise them so I received a caution. My second is when I saw an open window in a school so I went in and stole some sweets! Completely stupid but I was young. Will these and my 3 points hinder me?
-
- 16 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey Guys, Just wondered im looking at applying to the police but have recently recovered from siatica (trapped nerve in the lower back) is this going to be a problm as i know that people can fail their medical purely for having history of bad backs, however this is different and is unlikely to reaccur. Any help much apreciated cheers Damo
-
Well, I sort of got through my medical. I passed everything but my BP was 188/99 (!!!) so she had to fail me. I know that I get really bad White Coat hypertension so I arranged a 24 hour tape with my Gp in December. I brought along my results from the 24 hour tape to my medical to prepare for the fact that I knew it would be sky high! The thing was, the machine I'd had it done on was American and the date was the wrong way round, so instead of saying 06/12/07, it said 12/06/07 and she couldn't accept it. So officially, I failed my medical. Rubbish. I couldn't get my induction pack given to me because I'd failed. She told me that technically I'd passed but until I had a GP…