Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I have my final interview for Strathclyde police next month and was wondering if anyone has been for a final interview recently. Looking for any advice on the interview questions. Thanks very much!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views
    Tonymac1546620127
  2. Fife
    Started by Fife * ,

    I'm applying to fife constabulary, and (this is really stupid)... i was caught using a mobile phone whilst driving twice in the space of 2 months, prior to it being a points-awardable offence... Both times were disposed of by a £60 fine in the county council offices... Do i need to declare these offences? Also, due to the fact that i have two, and so close together... this will surely harm my chances??

    • 6 replies
    • 716 views
    andy178981546620138
  3. Vinci
    Started by Vinci * ,

    What forces do you consider to be the most difficult to join and why?

    andy178981546620138
  4. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    Hi there guys, I have recently submitted my application for Strathclyde Police. I'm a time served Gas Engineer and level 2 Plumber. I am 19 years old, fit, strong and healthy. I am smart and potentially could pass all relevent testing. So hopefully, all goes well with that. I have a few questions though - How long (normally, estimation) does the WHOLE process take? - How do you go about being in society as a civilian to being an officer? (What I mean is arresting, say, drug dealers, then spending time with your familys in the same City Centres etc.) - Is it worth leaving my trade for? In my opinion i've always wanted to be in the Police, but I wanted to secure my tra…

  5. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    i have a friend who passed the papersift for derbyshire last october but was later dropped due to a 17 year old conviction for abh that he hadnt declared. does anyone know if it would have made any difference if he had declared it? the reason he didnt is that he thought it was a spent conviction and no longer relevant. he hasnt been in any trouble since.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    skymaster1546620110
  6. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Evenin all, Waiting for a phonecall for the next stage of the process after passing the A/C. Is it more likly to be the fitness test or the interview? Would assume it is the interview as i can't see the logic in interviewing someone who may not be physically fit? Probably wrong though . Another thing, I'm really stressing about my final interview, being only 19 i'm afraid of them taking a less considerable approach. I know this topis has surfaced previously but at the A/C they were testing me on what i wrote down on paper, or said. At the interview they are testin my personal figure, look, speak, views etc. Anyone think it poses any problem? Ta everyone in advance …

    • 3 replies
    • 300 views
  7. d4zor
    Started by d4zor,

    The story so far:- 2 years ago laser eye surgery £3500. 14 months ago applied to lancashire passed paper sift, 9 months ago assessment centre number 1 failed 59%, 3 months ago assessment number 2 passed 60%, 2 months ago interview scheduled unfortunatley went to doctors afternoon before told i had acute tonsillitus could not attend interview due to not being able to talk anything above a quiet whisper phoned recruitment told it wasn't a problem they would contact me with a new date. YESTERDAY phone call from recruitment asking why i had not attended my interview! That was the first i knew of it, no letter received or phone call to see why i hadn't confirmed. The "n…

  8. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    I have passed the A/C . Got my fitness test on March 10th at Derbyshire HQ. Has anyone taken the fitness test for Derbyshire recently. Have you got any words of wisdom? How long before the medical and what happens after that? Yes, I have many, many questions. Who doesnt?

  9. Naturalmass1546620185
    Started by Naturalmass1546620185,

    Hi there folks, I was wondering if any Forces have/do recruit individuals who may have a very minor criminal record from many years previously? I know some serving officers pick up the odd bit of trouble here and there, but what about pre-selection? I'd be interested to have some feedback. Also, those members who are ex forces and may have spent some time quick marching around the parade square for falling foul of the rules and reg's of HM Forces, were you asked about any historical discipline during your application? Now a real poser. For someone to have served a considerable number of years in the Police, to be well thought and considered a very capable officer, to su…

    • 1 reply
    • 476 views
  10. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Hi everyone, i know this will probably be different for each region but today i've been told i've been sent an attendance form to fill out and return, does this mean that i'm close to getting my A/C date or it's just a general form that has to be obtained regardless of what stage you are at in the appliction process? Ana

    • 4 replies
    • 570 views
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I had my assessment centre yesterday in Manchester (and can I just say for anyone who has been to one already, if I ever meet 'Ashley Cheema' I will tell him to attend his own bloddy meetings in future!) and at the end they said we will hear at the latest 3 weeks on friday. I thought that the usual delay was 2 weeks so is this because of easter? Do you think it will be the full 3 weeks we will have to wait?

    • 8 replies
    • 517 views
  12. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone know if anxiety and depression go against you? I suffered on and off for a few years and had various tablets and a bit of counselling up until October last year. Since then I haven't had counselling and haven't had any medication for well over 18 months (that long I can't remember) I am in great shape mentally and have only ever had mild anxiety/ depression nothing deep. Will this go against me?

    • 7 replies
    • 793 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  13. Starbug
    Started by Starbug * ,

    I am in the process of filling in my application form for the Strathclyde Police. Where it asks if I have any outstanding debts do I mention my student loan? The reason I am asking this is I am due to have all of my student debt cleared in the next two months with some money left by a family member. Also 5 years ago myself and a friend had problems with a landlord. He rented us a deathtrap of a flat and we withheld our rent until he had dealt with some issues (the exposed wires above the shower, the cooker condemmed by the gas board, the mild electric shocks from the fittings and the part of the ceiling that caved in one day, meaning when it rained outside it was also r…

    • 6 replies
    • 883 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  14. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi everyone, Does anyone know what equipment a new starter would get issued with Thames Valley Police. Im pretty sure ill have to supply my own boots but would i have to buy anything else? Also what bits of equipment/gadgets do police normally buy themselves to make the job easier, without looking like a jobs worth that is. Thanks John

    • 1 reply
    • 507 views
  15. joyous214
    Started by joyous214,

    Just wondering if anyone else is appling to surrey police on 2008.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.