Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Im practising my Application questions, but i'v become unstuck, which would be correct term for someone with Learning Difficulties, (Mentally Challenged) person ?? Thanks James

    • 4 replies
    • 838 views
  2. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    South Yorkshire Police have hosted a free downloadable version of the dreaded 'bleep test' (also known as the shuttle run) here on their website. Get it before it disappears!

    • 3 replies
    • 829 views
  3. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi well i've just got over the a/c day etc and was wondering when you attend your medical do they have your doctors notes with them and do you go through them or does he just test you on various things., and go through your medical forms you filled in for them just for curiosity wanting to know what they know about you or if you have to sit there telling them about your doctor history thanks for any info posted

    • 5 replies
    • 611 views
  4. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    Is it possible to apply for multiple forces at the one time? For example posting 3 application forms, for Strathclyde, Lothian and Borders & Central? * Just a general question !

    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Pendo
    Started by Pendo * ,

    Ive been told that you have to give family details and they do crime checks? ?Is this imediatee family? Or like Aunties and Auncles aswell? Becasue my family has a long history of crime and mental illness Ie. My brother chased some one with a machette, held a samuri sword to a mans throat, my sister, mum, dad, uncle ( Was disharged from the army for it ) all have various assault charges and my brother and auntie have Paranoid Schizophrenia and ive heard its hereditary. I know I could of spared the detail but it wouldnt of seemed as serious if i didnt explain. So I was wondering would this affect an application?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. iinatalieii
    Started by iinatalieii,

    Has anyone received confirmation that they are in the May intake for GMP? Im just waiting for a start date at the moment. If so, what information have you received?

    • 3 replies
    • 753 views
  7. blob

    Hi all, Im curious to know if the SC and PC background checks are the same? I am a SC at the moment in WMP and before that for 2 years I was in TVP whilst at uni. Now I have applied to GMP as a PC, im at the final stages now. I have passed the assesment, interview medical and fitness etc and they have all my references... Spoke to them the other day and they said they are conducting background checks and then a final reference from my current employer. My circs have not changed so if the checks are the same then I guess I shouldnt worry? just intreeged.... Thanks in advance... Az

  8. oilburner
    Started by oilburner,

    Im seriously considering joining but have a few questions regarding my suitability. Im fast aproaching forty, am I to old. Im currently working as a bailiff mostly HMCS warrants, would my experience be a possitive or negative. The biggy is that eleven years ago I was convicted of drink driving I also have a conviction from eighteen months after this for no insurance. These are my main points of concern and any advice would be greatly accepted

    • 4 replies
    • 761 views
    WetBehindTheEar
  9. BeckyF
    Started by BeckyF,

    I'm definatley interested in a career with the police. I'm 17 and still not sure the best way to go about it.. For example I know its hard to get in, so does being a police cadet go in your advantage? Also will having a Degree benefit me in any way or would it be a waste of time? As it says there arent any specific qualifications needed.... Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  10. heather871546620155
    Started by heather871546620155,

    I have been given my start date which is the 31st March. I am just wondering what happens now. Do you get your uniform before the start date or after? When do you get sworn in and is there any books which I can buy to help me prepare myself for starting? Would be greatful for any advice.

    • 50 replies
    • 7.8k views
  11. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, i was just looking back at my application pack and it says that they will process applications in order of the divisions with the vacancy demand. im just trying to see if it was true. I put down East, West then South and had my A/C 07th March. What did everyone else put down and when did you all attend A/C. Just one last thing, did anyone get a medical form with your application pack or will they send you one. Thanks Karl.

  12. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    Hi All, I have a bit of decision to make and would really appreciate any advice. I'm applying for Merseyside to be a reg. I passed everything but the Final Force Interview last month. I've been advised by recruitment that I was extremely close in the interview and as result only have to call to arrange a re-interview after the 6 months rather than back to square one with the papersift. As a result I chose to apply to the Specials in the meantime as the couple of points I fell down in the interview were lack of knowledge of local issues and Force policies within the communities and general force area. Soon after submitting my Specials application I received a call from…

    • 4 replies
    • 981 views
  13. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    how much notice did you have to prepare before your assesment centre date? four weeks? more? just wondering, as i'll have a bit of travelling and might need to take two days off work. im hoping they let you knwo quite a bit in advance, as opposed to a week before your appointment.

  14. Mozza1546620133
    Started by Mozza1546620133,

    Hi guys. I was wondering if anybody could give me information on the bleep test in regards to my asthma. My asthma is still present and has been since i was about 6 but doesnt interfere too much when i partcipate in most sports activites although i do have to use my spray sometimes, but after i am fine, will this stop me joining the force? Also when taking part in the bleep test i can usually reach a score of around 13, but at about level 8-10 i usually need my spray. I can take my medication whilst still keeping in time with the bleeps and am then problem free. Is this allowed or will this still prevent me from joining? Thanks alot, Sam.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY COURSES WHICH WOULD HELP PREPARE ME FOR MY AC?

    • 5 replies
    • 410 views
    herewegoagain1546620183

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.